• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW AT with Snake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CvbNohOQ3p8

Alright, I had seen this happen in my game before, but I didn't know exactly what happened. A few days ago, I stumbled upon this video ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=ObVM9tO5cgY) and watched it a few times. I went into practice mode and figured it out after a few tries.

At first, I wasn't using the C-stick to smash (which is harder, but let's you charge the whole way), but I was able to do it very easily using the c-stick.

I ahven't had too much time to test it, but it might be possible to link other moves from the attack instead of just the up-smash. Also, there might be a way to do it without hitting someone (not sure of this though..).

So...can anyone think of a good name?

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Call it the Snakey Dash Attack with Mortar Fire. Or SDAMF for short.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . .So it's basically like Sonic's running-into-Up-smash where he runs and upsmashs well sliding to a stop.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Dude... Snake slides a LONG way when he does this. Its almost like a wavedash... I wonder what other potential this may have.

Do any other characters have a dashing attack similar to Snake's?

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
. . .So it's basically like Sonic's running-into-Up-smash where he runs and upsmashs well sliding to a stop.
....WTF are you talking about? Snake was dash attacking and near the end, he stopped his dash attack animation and went into an UP smash. What you're saying is Sonic just running and up smashing, so what you just said is not relevant to what Snake just did.

P.S.

This is really helpful considering Snake is going to be one of my mains.

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't able to perform it with the other smash attacks, but that could also be because of the postioning of my c-stick.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention this. It also works on shields (you'll slide right through the opponent).

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Once again, this was found over a week (maybe 2) ago with Falco.
To be fair, it does have very different properties and applications for Snake than it does with Falco. But I agree that it is the same technique. Perhaps more characters can use this, all with their own unique results?

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
Once again, this was found over a week (maybe 2) ago with Falco.
Yes, I have seen this video, HOWEVER..

Besides the move having different properties than Falco's, it doesn't appear that many of the characters in the game can do this (Dash attack cancelling).

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
I still laugh every time I see the name "DLX-hit cancel" :laugh:

to the OP: Can you describe what you actually have to do to have snake slide like that?
Dash, press A and hit the opponent. As you hit the opponent, smash up. Because of the way Snake's dash + Up smash works, the momentum from his dash will be kept while he is charging his upsmash.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
There needs to be different acronyms for advanced techniques and Assist Trophies.

Half the people who came in here were expecting the other.
Assist trophies should just be called assists. Advanced techniques came first, so they get to keep the AT acronym.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
It's different from dashing into an up-smash because Snake actually hits with the dash attack, then automatically into an up-smash WITH the speed of a dash.

I think it's pretty darn awesome and will be extremely useful. If other characters have this, besides Falco, theirs are all going to have different effects and uses.

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, please, this trend of calling every little thing that pops up an "advanced technique" is getting really old, really fast.

This doesn't even look practical, outside of some extremely specific circumstances. It looks quite a bit like any other character canceling their dash with their up smash (which everyone can do), but because Snake cancels the beginning of his dash attack he retains the quick momentum he builds up from it.

Also, not very advanced.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely not. This is DLX Cancelling according to the advanced tech list. You cancel your dash animation and begin a wavedash when doing your upsmash. This only works however when the dash attack hits the opponent. The video on the tech list shows Falco upsmashing right after a dash attack. The reason he doesn't go as far is because his UpSmash has a much shorter animation than Snake pulling out a mortar, setting it, launching it, then picking it back up.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
how about...THE ELECTRIC SLIDE
(srry i was held at gunpoint and forced to say that)

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
Does it work when the opponent blocks. Test it. This could be good to avoid shield grabs.

Edit- also isnt this the hyphen smash found with falco. He could immediately cancel his Dash attack into up smash. My guess is everyone has something similar to this. Maybe not from the same move though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom