• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT- Raptor Grabbing

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
Point taken.
But at that point you shouldn't offstage falcon punch unless you want to make your opponent wet their pants.
well usually my friends know i like to gimp so sometimes i use the falcon punch when thei´re offstage but for 2 reasons: 1 if it lands then great you just took a stock with a falcon punch, 2 if your friends was far away from the stage when it´s about to recover he sees you triying to falcon punch him then they air dodge...falling to their doom......................

UNLESS IT´S A META KNIGHT!!

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
then why did you say biglord had a point? a fast falled falcon punch is like raptoor boosting offstage on porpouse while your opponent is at the other side, on stage
Because I thought he was talking about non competitive falcon free for all 4 player falcon punch only play or when you have two stocks left and your opponent is on his/her last stock and you just have to connect with that last falcon punch.

Again, I just didnt want to go there.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I'm farrr too late to reply to this, but you can Raptor Grab the ledge out of any ledge-hopping option besides Air-dodge, Falcon Kick, and Falcon Punch. Doesn't seem worth it, but its notable to ledge-hop D-air and raptor grab the ledge after trying it seems legit. Ledge-hop U-air and B-air don't need the Raptor Grab since they're on-end frames end before catching the ledge. Raptor Grabbing for Ledge-hop F-airs N-airs and D-airs are needed to re-grab ledge without falling through using Falcon Dive to recover ledge.

Edit: It's obvious that ganon can do the same with the flame choke grabbing ledge-hopping for his D-air, U-air, and B-air however N-air might still work but seems fickle and F-air is too long so falling through is definite.
Edit: Even snake can do the same with his cypher grabbing with all of his aerials from ledge-hops.

Top Bottom