• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT- Raptor Grabbing

Lionman

Smash Champion
Well this is an interesting technique, but i think you can die if you do bad timming, is really risky.

Its good to see things like this because some people can find any use, if you ask me i dont like that AT, im going to test it next month in a smashfest

Jelley

Smash Cadet
It honestly isn't that risky considering how easy it is to pull off. However, I'll admit that it is not easy to do on Battlefield and wouldn't be worth doing it. If you try it yourself I'm sure that you will find it to be quite easy to do.

Jelley

Smash Cadet
How do you do it without the walljump? And the purpose for this is to plank and without the walljump for this you can't plank.

PZ

Smash Lord
I think he means the onstage version where you hit down at the right moment and ive been doing this for awhile but ive mostly wanted a walljump reverse falcon punch=(

Jelley

Smash Cadet
Well if that is what he means then I don't know why he would say that it is the same thing, the purpose of that is to edge hog and the purpose of this is to plank

and you can do a wall jump reverse falcon punch on Battlefield

PZ

Smash Lord
Of course there is 3 versions of this if you havent noticed.
1st one is where the full raptor boost comes out and you grab the edge.
2nd one is where the red glowin hand comes out but u grab immediately.
3rd one is basically this where no animation comes out of raptor and you grab the edge as if you instantly grab the edge.

Jelley

Smash Cadet
Well with what I'm demonstrating you are doing it correctly if you do the "2nd and 3rd one"

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
This isnt an AT, but logically thinking, imo.

Good stuff, though.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
LOL Falcon will now begin timing people out.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Firstly it's nice to show it on this many stages, I was just doing it on FD, never tried on things like PS1 or CS.

Secondly you can't plank with it because you spend wayyyy too much time while not invincible. And since you're not attacking either during this time (because you need to time your second jump and your wall jump), you're very vulnerable to attacks during this window of time. Especially lingering/multiple hitboxes.

But you can time your edgehog with that, so it's a good edgeguard technique.

Edit : you can also use raptor boost to semi-speed hug.
Like, run off the ledge, hold backwards and press B. It's like hugging but slower, so it lets you delay your invi frames.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I like it too. Not exactly an AT, but 'tis cool.

Anything that makes Captain Falcon faster is fair game for me :D

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I thought I told everyone about this in '08 when I figured out you could also drop down and raptor boost away from the stage and it would auto-snap?

It's more useful to up air or back air off the wall anyway.

Jelley

Smash Cadet
Yeah this probably isn't actually good for planking. The only thing I could really see it being used for is when you want to walljump without going past the edge, I don't think that there would be that many times where that would happen/or when you would want to do that.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Except Link can't actually "edgehog" with his clawshot, since he's completely vulnerable while clawing the edge.

(doesn't have edgearmor) :p

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
But can't be let go of the edge and clawshot it immediately after to get some invulnerable frames?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
No.

But with tether recoveries you can be untouchable by some recoveries, even if you're not invincible. Examples being other tethers or things with just a final hitbox like Sheik/Zelda's up B.

Napos

Smash Ace
How do you correctly to the side-b (sorry don't know the name) and grab the edge without killing yourself?

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
^It's mostly automatic. Try it out yourself, it's really easy. You don't really have to do it in a very precise timing. Edge-snap makes it a breeze.

Now if this were project M or Melee, then yeah... 'twould be hard.

Zeallyx

TC is obvsly Jelley

Also, this thread's prolly the best one on here atm.

Hurry up with your metagame thread, teluo

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
*Falcon goes under the stage to preform a wall jump but then gets dair'd by MK into a stage spike and dies*

Pretty risky for something that hardly has any reward. You're better off just dropping and then double jumping back to the ledge.

Jelley

Smash Cadet
*Falcon goes under the stage to preform a wall jump but then gets dair'd by MK into a stage spike and dies*

Pretty risky for something that hardly has any reward. You're better off just dropping and then double jumping back to the ledge.
As I said I was wrong about using this for planking. You should only use this when you are using a walljump to recover, it will help because you won't walljump past the edge because it causes you to grab it instead.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
No, raptor hugging is when you side B from the stage and FF to catch the ledge instead of falling to your doom.

This is raptor fast ledge snap.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
This is actually a pretty old AT.
Ledge drop > jump > raptor ledge grab.

The video makes it look more useful from a wall jump than I found for it though. lol

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
nice, another captain falcon technique that we can use to help ourselves agains´t metaknights........if only the falcon punch had super armor frames then captain falcon would be god tier :mad:

Zeallyx

nice, another captain falcon technique that we can use to help ourselves agains´t metaknights........if only the falcon punch had super armor frames then captain falcon would be god tier :mad:
Then there would still be shielding, jumping and not beeing an idiot keeping falcon from beeing god tier.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Captain Falcon's main problem is not his Falcon Punch... lol, the Falcon Punch is very situat-*realizes he's arguing something with CF9K*

*slaps self in the face*

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon's main problem is not his Falcon Punch... lol, the Falcon Punch is very situat-*realizes he's arguing something with CF9K*

*slaps self in the face*
before you make me look more like and idiot i was just joking....... i know CF main problem is his priority, long startup and ending lag for almost every attack, bad and punishable recovery and....*notices that im arguing with biglord in his troll form*

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
look more like an* idiot.

:p

Anyway, I've tried to use this in a serious match yesterday. Didn't work (I was too slow, to quote Sonic), but I hit the opponent with RB anyway so... whatever, heh. And aerial RB is safe on hit from that position (you can easily return to the ledge), soo... whatever. Just wanted to point it out.

Jelley

Smash Cadet
The only fancy suicide is when you Falcon Punch someone off stage

Top Bottom