• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Assist Trophy, Poké Ball, Enemy and Boss ideas discussion

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Magneton and Magnezone

These are two Pokémon ideas that do roughly the same thing as each other. They would fall under one category of Pokémon each with a 50% chance to spawn. Only one of them spawns. Magneton/zone will be immune to damage as they immediately fall into the background. They fly to the closest enemy fighter (we're going to call this person the Intended Victim), and follow them with sharp precision. After existing for two seconds, Magneton/zone will begin to use the move Magnet Pull, and won't stop until they're about to disappear.

Magnet Pull doesn't deal direct damage. It creates an aura that pulls projectiles towards the intended victim. This works on projectiles that came from the person who threw the Poké Ball, other players, assist trophies, and other Pokémon, but it does not work on projectiles that come directly from the intended victim unless they're reflected or pocketed. If the intended victim reflects or pockets projectiles, they're counted as his and Magnet Pull will lose its influence. The pull this move has on projectiles is pretty strong. Any item in motion is counted as a projectile as well, and will fly towards the intended victim and deal damage if it hits. The exceptions are if the intended victim threw it, and if it hit the intended victim once already since being in motion. Barrels and Rolling Crates are always sucked in regardless of if they're moving or not, and break immediately when they hit.

Magneton's Magnet Pull works like an aura that covers a 360° angle surrounding the intended victim completely. The downside is that it has a small radius, so don't expect it to work from a long distance. The lack of pull power means projectiles do not get extra damage while under the influence of Magneton's Magnet Pull. The intended victim can dodge projectiles as they get sucked towards them, but because the Magnet Pull works in all directions, it's coming right back for them after they dodge it.

Magnezone's Magnet Pull reaches five times further out and pulls in projectiles much faster. The downside is that it only works in the direction the intended victim is facing covering a 90° angle. The intended victim can dodge projectiles flying towards them and expect them not to turn around after missing them. The increase in travel speed Magnezone's Magnet Pull provides will lead to projectiles building up extra damage as they approach the intended victim.
Magneton is on the top. Magnezone is on the bottom.

That’s a neato & creative idea bud, however I should mention that Magnet Pull isn’t a move but an abitily, so it isn’t a thing that need activating since it’s always active. Magnet Rise, which makes the user electromagnetic for a brief time, would be the move evidevant to Magnet Pull & thus would be the most fitting move for your Magneton/zone idea.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
That’s a neato & creative idea bud, however I should mention that Magnet Pull isn’t a move but an abitily, so it isn’t a thing that need activating since it’s always active. Magnet Rise, which makes the user electromagnetic for a brief time, would be the move evidevant to Magnet Pull & thus would be the most fitting move for your Magneton/zone idea.
There are quite a few abilities that need activating, like Volt Absorb, Flash Fire, Color Change, etc. That said, they tend to be activated by things happening in the battle, rather than actively being utilized, so, yeah... where was I going with this?

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I tried this because there isn't a whole lot of Assist Trophies and Pokémon who apply passive buffs to the user or passive debuffs to an enemy or enemies of the user. Pokémon that have an intended purpose doing something to help in battle other than damaging the opponent include the following.

- Bellossom
- Darkrai
- Inkay
- Swirlix
- Togepi
- Victini
- Xerneas

That's not a whole lot for 30 Pokémon considering three of them have low frequencies. We need some more summons who can provide this type of stuff to be honest. They don't all have to deal damage to the foes.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
I tried this because there isn't a whole lot of Assist Trophies and Pokémon who apply passive buffs to the user or passive debuffs to an enemy or enemies of the user. Pokémon that have an intended purpose doing something to help in battle other than damaging the opponent include the following.

- Bellossom
- Darkrai
- Inkay
- Swirlix
- Togepi
- Victini
- Xerneas

That's not a whole lot for 30 Pokémon considering three of them have low frequencies. We need some more summons who can provide this type of stuff to be honest. They don't all have to deal damage to the foes.
Um, Magnet Rise isn’t a damaging move. It would essentially work in Smash like how you describe your Magneton/zone Magnet Pull idea except Magnet Rise would actually be a move unlike Magnet Pull, which is an ability.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I personally would like to see Dr. Wily and Dr. Eggman/Robotnik to make it in as bosses. :grin:

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
It would be cool to see the final boss of Donkey Kong Country Returns as a boss or an assist trophy.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Here's some Fire Emblem assist trophies:

1. Elice - Uses the Aum staff, which either adds a stock to the summoner's stock count, a point to their point count, or 100 coins to their coin count, depending on the current game mode
2. Tiki - Transforms into her Divine Dragon form and flies around the top of the stage, where she breathes her Ice Breath down on the fighters/stage, before transforming back into her Manakete state and falling asleep.
3. Summoner/Kiran - Uses the divine weapon Breidablik to summon one character of each weapon type (Red summons a character who either uses a sword, a red tome, a red bow, or a red breath, Blue summons a character who either uses an axe, a green tome, a green bow, or a green breath, Green summons a character who either uses a lance, a blue tome, a blue bow, or a blue breath, and Colorless summons a character who either uses a dagger, a staff, a colorless bow, or a colorless breath) to move around and attack the fighters (in a staff user's case, they simply cast Heal upon the player who summoned Summoner/Kiran.)
4. Palla/Catria/Est - Flies around on their pegasi, targeting one enemy at a time for a Triangle Attack.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
There should really be a Scolipede Poké Ball that uses Megahorn. Or Heracross.

In the Assist Trophy pit, (I'd say Schezo or Witch, but until Arle makes it in that's counting my chickens before they hatch) let's throw in Princess Shroob, who does everything she does in her boss fight. I'd have said Fawful, but I think people would prefer he'd be playable.

Bandiheart

Smash Rookie
Omega Flowey

"When Omega Flowey is summoned, he will appear in the background and save the location and percentages of all fighers. He will attack the fighters with attacks similar to his boss fight's attacks. Just like his boss fight, he has the ability to load the savestate he has made. (If a stock was lost, it will not return the stock.)"

Hornet

"When Hornet is summoned, she will take a moment to raise her Nail. Afterwards, she fights as a very agile warrior. She will jump around, lunge towards opponents with her nail. Fling her nail only to pull it back a moment later, and use her Thread to suspend mines in the air. There is a chance that she will fall when hit, taking her out of the fight for a moment."​

Last edited:

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
I was hoping for Dnite to become a Zard echo, maybe to represent the Smash4 incarnation that went solo, especially after Pokken trolled us by putting him on assist and not even giving him Fly, Outrage or Hurricane, wich are more commonly associated with him. But a pokeball assist would still be better than nothing.

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
Omega Flowey

"When Omega Flowey is summoned, he will appear in the background and save the location and percentages of all fighers. He will attack the fighters with attacks similar to his boss fight's attacks. Just like his boss fight, he has the ability to load the savestate he has made. (If a stock was lost, it will not return the stock.)"​
I honestly think Omega Flowey would be a great boss. Glados would also be a great boss.

rlwrgh

Smash Apprentice
Since everyone is here why not have all the assist and pokeballs that haven't carried over come back minus the ones upgraded to characters?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Kanden, Noxus, Spire, Sylux, Trace and Weavel as bosses who you all fight at once. It'd be rather unique and different from any other bosses.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
New Poke Ball Pokemon:
Whimsicott: Whimsicott will fire spores at targets that deal damage over time.
Incineroar: Incineroar will grab a character and pummel them into the ground, burying them.
Toucannon: Toucannon will charge up its beak before charging into the fighters. If a character makes contact with its beak while its charging, they will take damage.
Lurantis: Lurantis will charge up Solar Blade before slashing the fighters with it, causing huge damage and knockback.
Golisopod: Golisopod will charge head on into the fighters, causing collateral damage and knockback.
Magearna: Magearna will fire an energy blast from its Soul Heart at targets.

New Assist Trophies:
Ana: Ana will fire PK Beam, functioning like Samus' Zero Laser.
Ghor: Ghor will fire shots from his chest mounted Plasma Cannon and slash with his attack claws up close. Ghor can be KOed.
Omega Metroid: The Omega Metroid will fire fireballs at targets and slash with its claws up close. The Omega Metroid can be KOed.
Psycho Mantis: Psycho Mantis will go into your Switch's data and read off games that you've played. Psycho Mantis cannot be KOed.
Steve: Steve will build a structure around a fighter, which then explodes. Steve cannot be KOed.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
New Poke Ball Pokemon:
Incineroar: Incineroar will grab a character and pummel them into the ground, burying them.
Toucannon: Toucannon will charge up its beak before charging into the fighters. If a character makes contact with its beak while its charging, they will take damage.
Lurantis: Lurantis will charge up Solar Blade before slashing the fighters with it, causing huge damage and knockback.
Golisopod: Golisopod will charge head on into the fighters, causing collateral damage and knockback.

New Assist Trophies:
Bandanna Dee: Bandanna Dee will attack opponents with its spear, making powerful slashes and uppercuts. Bandanna Dee can be KOed.
Ghor: Ghor will fire shots from his chest mounted Plasma Cannon and slash with his attack claws up close. Ghor can be KOed.
Omega Metroid: The Omega Metroid will fire fireballs at targets and slash with its claws up close. The Omega Metroid can be KOed.
Psycho Mantis: Psycho Mantis will go into your Switch's data and read off games that you've played. Psycho Mantis cannot be KOed.
Steve: Steve will build a structure around a fighter, which then explodes. Steve cannot be KOed.
I see three popular playable picks "deconfirmed" here (Incineroar, Bandanna Dee, and Steve); four if you include Golisopod (yes, it has a support thread too). I presume you did this on purpose. I hope you're ready for the s***storm.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I see three popular playable picks "deconfirmed" here (Incineroar, Bandanna Dee, and Steve); four if you include Golisopod (yes, it has a support thread too). I presume you did this on purpose. I hope you're ready for the s***storm.
I just replaced Bandanna Dee with Ana from EarthBound: Beginnings.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
New Poke Ball Pokemon:

New Assist Trophies:
Ana: Ana will fire PK Beam, functioning like Samus' Zero Laser.
I really LOVE the idea of Psycho Mantis ! It's just so fun and stupid. Hope they'll do that in Ultimate (which is very unlikely but hey, Sakuraï loves to surprise people) !

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Elite Beat Agents: You summon them and Agents J, Spin, and Morris start waving their hands to the beat. If you're caught by them when they do that you're stuck dancing, allowing your opponent to sneak in and take you out.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
For Necrozma as a boss, I think it could also be a Poké Ball Pokémon as its base form and fight in that manner for the first stage of its boss fight, then when beaten in that form, fly to the background, absorb a ridiculous quantity of light to become Ultra Necrozma and rejuvenate itself, then come back to fight you again with a no-holds-barred barrage of nasty moves like Photon Geyser and Hyper Beam. When about to be beaten, it could take a page from Lumine's book and start erratically warping around the stage, and if not finished off quickly, utterly obliterate the player with Light That Burns The Sky.

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
Bosses from (almost because there are a few games I haven't played or I just can't see a boss from that series like Animal Crossing) every series in Smash.
Smash Bros:
Tabuu, unless they announce a new Smash villain, I am assuming he is gonna be in the game.
Mario: Now, I have been debating on whether to add King Boo from Luigi's Mansion or Giga Bowser. Since it would be a bit weird to see Bowser fighting Giga Bowser once you unlock Bowser, I stuck with King Boo.
Donkey Kong: Since King K. Rool is already a fighter, I chose Lord Fredrik from Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze.
Zelda: Majora's Wrath. Perfect if Skull Kid is coming to Smash.
Metroid: Oof......It'll have to be either Metroid Prime or Phantoon (Other M design). Since Other M gets so much hate (in fact, Other M is actually one of my favorite Metroid games.....don't judge me),Metroid Prime it is.
Yoshi: Big Baby Bowser? Sorry, that's all I got for that series.
Kirby: Easily Nightmare, I don't think he has been confirmed as an assist trophy yet.
Star Fox: Andross (64 design). Star Fox 64 was the only Star Fox game I have played.
Pokemon: I'll have to go with Luigifan18 Luigifan18 's idea, Necrozma. Kyurem is also an option where he can turn into White and Black Kyurem.
Mother: Now, I have heard a leak about this boss being in Spirit's mode. I would like to see Giygas as a boss. Maybe Porky can be a boss as well....
Kid Icarus: Hades...I just want to see "PIT! HADES! PIT! HADES! Pit..... Hades....." again..
Sonic: Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik
Mega Man: Dr. Wily, it would be awesome to see these two doctors team up!
Mii: The Ultimate Ghost from Find Mii.
(This is where my knowledge of series ends. Be warned)
Xenoblade Chronicles: This is due to me not playing a single Xenoblade game. I have to choose Metal Face. I know, I know, he is a stage enemy. But I am assuming Dracula is also a stage enemy.
Final Fantasy: Another game I never played (ok, maybe a tiny bit on Final Fantasy III I think on the SNES). But I have heard of Sephiroth.

Series that aren't in Smash Bros. yet or are not fighters!
Shovel Knight:
Easily the Enchantress.
Minecraft: The Ender Dragon. This could replace Rayquaza. It's either that or the Wither.
Undertale: Omega Flowey as mentioned by Bandiheart Bandiheart

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Minecraft: The Ender Dragon. This could replace Rayquaza. It's either that or the Wither.
The Ender Dragon and the Wither seem like simplistic bosses as opposed to the more complex attacks that Dracula and Rathalos seem to have, though. Not to judge, just genuinely curious as to how either of them can be up to that level of complexity.

Last edited:

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
The Ender Dragon and the Wither seem like simplistic bosses as opposed to the more complex attacks that Dracula and Rathalos seem to have, though. Not to judge, just genuinely curious as to how either of them can be up to that level of complexity.
Eh, its just those are the only bosses I can think of from Minecraft.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm in a Final Fantasy mood so there are two FF characters who I'd be interested to see as bosses:

PAD_Gilgamesh_artwork.png

The recurring menace from Final Fantasy V, Gilgamesh is a powerful swordsman who wishes to test his meddle against the Smash fighters.

Gilgamesh has the size and strength befitting a demonic samurai (he's three times the size of Ganondorf), using quick, merciless sword swings along with some magic at his disposal. However, he's not quite as mobile as he brags about (he's quite the talker in battle), so he makes up for it with his swift jumps beyond the boundary and crashes down against his opponents with his spear. Enkidu, his partner, could also join up with him in defeating the player.
PAD_Kefka_god.png

The God of Magic and nihilistic villain from Final Fantasy VI, Kefka has decreed that the world of Smash is not worth living in and will obliterate it as part of his monument to nonexistence.

Kefka uses all sorts of powerful magic that have long range and cover parts of the stage. His attacks include Heartless Angel, a move that which doesn't cause high knockback but rather devastation to your percentage, Havoc Wing, Forsaken, and his most dangerous move: Light of Judgment.

wagnerelli12

Smash Rookie
Boss Wishlist:

Mario: Petey Pirahna
Zelda: Demise
Pokemon: Necrozma (multi-form boss)
Mother: Giygas (beat him by fighting off your existential dread)
Sonic: Eggman
Final Fantasy: One-Winged Angel Sephiroth
Star Fox: Ape Andross
Xenoblade: Metal Face

And you know what? Bring back Tabuu and the Hands (add Spirit Hand or something) and give me a surprise.

And of course there are:

Gruntilda, Exor

Jung-ho

Smash Rookie
I looked through all the assist trophies in SU and one thing I noticed is that not a single one is from punch out; and I think Doc Louise would be the perfect solution.
Unlike most assist trophies, who are just damage dealers, I was thinking that doc could be more of a healer (sort of like chef kawasaki) that just tosses handful of chocolate bars as he cheers you on. I know it sounds weird but it just came to my mind.

Last edited:

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
My idea for a Punch-Out assist is this: Glass Joe. Extremely easy to defeat, but when he is launched, croissants fly out of him in every direction, damaging anyone they hit.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I have a few ideas for new Pokeball Pokémon and assist trophies

Pokeball Pokémon includes:

:034: (Nidoking emerges from the ground and clashes with his opponents).

:248: (Tyrannitar fires it beam, doing lethal damage).

Zebstrika kicks and uses it's horn to smite opponents.

Tyrantrum roars and bites opponents, in addition to lashing it's tail.

Crabrawler swipes it's claws to do lethal damage.
I was also wanting :155:, :110: and :015: to return to smash bros as a bonus.

Now here are the assist trophies

Midbus (Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story): he basically Body slams opponents, punches them quickly and throws a wreaking ball at them.

Chocobo: we really need assist to represent Final Fantasy, and Chocobo would help, by ramming into opponents and peaking it's beak at them.

There are a few more including the Rabbid, Stanley the Bugman and Muddy Mole, but also wanting the return of Mr.Resetti, Magnus, Lakitu and Spinys, Barbara the Bat, Jill and Infirmintary and Tanks

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
I would make the Colossal Immortal from DaemonXMachina as a stage hazard/boss.

Dr Lobe as an Assist or a playable if I can do it. Some exercises from Big Brain Academy play in front of him, which one having different patterns and dealing special elements attacks, like the Montgolfier minigame dould have a windbox around it.

Also, Doshin the Giant as an Assist. When hit too much, he becomes Jashin.

Item : Mystery Block from Mario Kart. A random box that can appear anywhere, which means also in mid air, and when destroyed give an item from the Super Mario/Mario Kart serie.

Top Bottom