• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Assist Trophy, Poké Ball, Enemy and Boss ideas discussion

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I hope we don't get Ultra Beasts! I can't stand them! Those things aren't Pokemon. Keep them as far away from Smash (and future Pokemon series) as possible!

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I was just thinking but I'll be kind of disappointed if we don't see an Ultra Beast or two as pokeball Pokemon.

My picks would probably be Nihilego and Blacephalon but I bet Poipole will be the most likely one to appear.
Same here. Nihilego seems like a likely candidate. Phermosa and Buzzwole would be good picks too. Guzzlord could be like Gulpin was, or fully KO like Bayonetta's final smash.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Pyrosphere should return with the Other M Ridley as a boss. In addition, we need another boss Ridley that plays more like he traditionally does and stays up in the air, can grab people, and do multiple tail strikes from the air. The latter part is not very likely though.

I would like to see Caeda or Tiki as Assist Trophies, but I think it might be harder to implement Caeda since she's usually portrayed with a pegasus.

Alolan Exeggutor should be a Poké Ball Pokemon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Since Ryu is back, it would be interesting to see M. Bison appear as an Assist Trophy. He would attack your opponents with his Psycho Crusher, dealing multiple hits, with the final hit delivering the strongest knockback.

PF9

Smash Lord
Some characters should enter into celebratory poses when they summon a Pokemon of a certain type.

Like Ice Climbers if they were to summon an Ice-type or Suicune, or Pikachu/Pichu when they summon an Electric-type.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Street Fighter series:

- Guile - does a number of his signature moves such as Sonic Boom before unleashing his super move, Sonic Hurricane.
- M. Bison - Grabs the opponent and unleashes his Psycho Crusher.
- Chun-Li - similar to Guile, she performs several of her iconic moves such as Spinning Bird Kick, Hyakuretsukyaku, Kikouken before unleashing her super move, Shichisei Senkuu Kyaku.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Tails
Tails will use his mechanical expertise to craft a shield monitor on the stage. There are three possible types of shields he may create, all originating from Sonic 3, and each of them has different effects on the player who breaks it open.
Flame Shield - Gives your second jump increased distance. The second jump will also burn anyone on contact.
Thunder Shield - Your second jump will send out diagonal sparks that can damage opponents. You will also automatically reflect projectiles.
Water Shield - If you fast fall, instead of landing normally, you will bounce off of any surface you contact. It can also be used to bounce off your opponents and knock them straight down.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Hawke from Advance Wars, who would use his CO power (or super CO power), Black Wave/Black Storm to do what it does in Advance Wars, slowly heal the person who summonsed him and damage all of their enemies. I've had this idea since Brawl, it would totally work if anybody at Nintendo cared about that franchise.

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
I was bored so I came up with a bunch of ideas.

#011 Metapod - Move: Harden

It stays in place doing nothing, but it can be picked up and thrown at enemies. If it is hit, it uses Harden, increasing it's damage when thrown.

#050 Digglet - Move: Dig

It attacks by going underground and popping back up after a few seconds. Does this three times before leaving.

#057 Primeape - Move: Rage

It stays still, but if it makes eye contact with an opponent, it rushes to them and punches them really fast, dealing huge damage.

#097 Hypno - Move: Hypnosis

It swings its pendulum, putting opponents who make eye contact to sleep.

#167 Spinarak - Move: Sticky Web

Places a web on the stage. If an opponent touches it they get stuck for a few seconds.

#232 Donphan - Move: Rollout

Charges up and rolls forward at high speed. Same as Jigglypuff's Special Move but more powerful.

#295 Exploud - Move: Boomburst

It screams, releasing a sound wave around itself that deals huge damage.

#321 Wailord - Move: Bounce

A bigger and more powerful version of Snorlax

#357 Tropius - Ability: Harvest

Creates a bunch of bananas. Fighters can eat them to recover damage and throw the peel afterwards.

#416 Vespiquen - Move: Attack Order

Orders a bunch of bees to pester an oponnent like the ones from the beehive item.

#530 Excadrill - Move: Drill Rush

Straightens its body and spins into an opponent like a drill. Deals multiple small hits and a powerful finishing one.

#568 Trubbish - Move: Gunk Shot

Throws a bunch of thrash in a random direction. Does this a few times before leaving.

#704 Goomy - Ability: Gooey

Walks slowly around the stage, leaving goo behind. Opponents that touch it or the goo get goo on their body and are slowed down for a few seconds.

Bubble Monkey (Earthbound): Follows you around. If you get off the stage, he will grab you and blow bubble gum to float and bring you back safely.

Kain (Final Fantasy IV): Jumps up and falls on an opponent, stabbing them with his spear.

Locke (Final Fantasy VI): Attacks oponnents with a knife and steals their item if they're holding one.

Lil' UFO (Earthbound): Flies around and fires lasers.

Conducting Menace (Earthbound): Shoots electric blasts that damage and plasma blasts that paralyze for a short time.

Thunder Mite (Earthbound): Flies around and shoots thunders that are a weaker version of Pikachu's Down Special.

Bomb (Final Fantasy): Flies around and explodes after a while.

Sahagin (Final Fantasy): Attacks with its spear and by creating small waves.

Zu (Final Fantasy): Flies around and attacks with its beak any by creating small tornadoes. Has higher HP than most enemies but not as much as the really strong ones.

Ogre (Final Fantasy): Attacks by punching and tackling. It is very slow and its attacks have high startup time but it has high HP and doesn't flinch from weak attacks.

Last edited:

Zyphyris

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bri-ex
3DS FC
0001-4098-4797
Switch FC
SW-8496-2727-8390
Honestly Proto Man makes all the sense in the world as an Assist Trophy. He has a set pattern (which may have been annoying to new Mega Man players) and has fought alongside and against Mega Man before. Now yes, he is a part of Mega Man's final smash however Riki's a part of Shulk's final smash and is also an Assist Trophy.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
How’s she going eh? I feel like ? I posted here before but don’t really remember so here wh go again, if that’s fine eh

Pokeball

Lapras, Surf, or any other water HM

Boss

giratina

Assist

Peppy from star fox, he tells you to use items wisely and do an a air dodge

GolisoPower

Smash Master
C.Q. Cumber (Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion): Assist Trophy

When C.Q. is summoned, he will present the summoner with a random challenge (Don't pick up healing items, don't take damage, etc.) that they must complete in 30 seconds. This is a double-edged sword, as if the player fails the challlenge, they will be instantly KO'd, but if they complete the challenge, they gain a powerful buff to their stats.

"You picked up a healing item. Test failed."

Hedlok (ARMS): Item

When a player picks up Hedlok, he will attach himself to that player's head. When an attack is used, Hedlok will throw the punches of all four of his arms in the direction of the attack. This lasts for 30 seconds.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Shovel Knight was confirmed as an assist trophy. I'd normally be disappointed, but it's cool to see him making it into Smash Bros. as something other than a static trophy.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
still no sign of a final fantasy or street fighter assist trophy, hope they do have one

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
I think Sans from Undertale would be a cool assist trophy. They wouldn't need to hold back on his moves. He could also have dialogue. He is also viable as an assist.

Last edited:

Smithn

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4332 5240 6154
still no sign of a final fantasy or street fighter assist trophy, hope they do have one
Street Fighter got a ton of music this time (going from 6 to 36) so it seems like it should get an assist too... I'd like to see Chun-Li or Bison.

PF9

Smash Lord
Poke Ball summon:

Miltank

Move: Milk Drink

The user that summons Miltank stands next to her and gets damage healed.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I want to see Animal Buddies from the Donkey Kong series. In a perfect world, I'd want to see the crates come down, and then when you crush the crate, they come out and act like an Assist Trophy. It could give us tons of cool characters like Rambi, Squitter, Enguarde, Squawks, etc.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
I think some cool Assist Trophies would be...

1. Marx- I want him to be playable, but seems unlikely. As an Assist Trophy he could spread his arms like he does in Kirby Star Allies and create a black hole that sucks people in. Or he could bounce around on his ball and crush people with it.

2. Goombas- A bunch of Goombas could just stampede across the stage.

3. KK Slider- He could play a song and all of the characters other than the one who pulled the assist trophy would have to sit down and listen so they would be vulnerable.

4. Kass- Similair to KK, he could play a song that maybe put everyone to sleep.

5. Wrinkly Kong- The spirit of her could come to the stage and grab somebody and take them to the grave with her. She could just float through the bottom of the stage with them.

A cool item idea I had was Hedlok from ARMS. I feel like this would be so cool, but implicating it would be a bit tricky. It could give every fighter more limbs or maybe make their smash attacks stronger.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Boss: Gargos (Killer Instinct)

Gargos is the powerful Shadow Lord of the Killer Instinct universe. He seeks to conquer the universe to assert his status as a god. He isn’t all bite either, for he has tricks up his sleeve:

• Oblivion: This move tracks the opponent no matter where they are. Gargos opens a portal in front of the enemy’s position and throws a punch through it multiple times. These punches can be avoided and blocked.
  • Reckoning: Gargos’ own take of the Psycho Crusher. Gargos flies forward and spins, hitting anyone in his path. Unlike M. Bison, however, Gargos can change the angle of this move towards the player’s closest position.
  • Devil’s Divide: Gargos jumps forward and grabs the opponent by the neck. He can follow up with the following commands:
    • Spite: Gargos will pummel the player with either a headbutt, a knee or a simple punch.
    • Sadistic Drop: Gargos will fly into a portal above him and suplex the player through another portal.
    • Sadistic Intent: Gargos will simply drop the opponent, leaving them open to a combo.
    • Sadistic Appetite: Gargos will drain a few of his opponent's health to fill a meter above his UI before dropping them.
    • Sadistic Toss: Gargos will throw the opponent forward.
  • Summon Minions: Gargos will summon both of his minions, Izzik and Dretch, onto the battlefield. These minions, after a few seconds, will be covered in a purple fog, indicating their Kill Attack. Gargos can use Devil's Divide on either one to either boost their morale or consume them for meter. Only one Izzik and one Dretch can be active at a time.
    • Izzik: The slower of the two, Izzik makes up for it with his large range with his trident. Izzik will jab at the player when in range every 2 seconds, and will angle upwards if the player is airborne. His Kill Attack has him spinning in place for 2 seconds, dealing multiple hits along the way. Izzik takes 2 hits to destroy, regardless of the damage.
    • Dretch: The faster of the two, Dretch runs around the stage and belly-flops on the player. His Kill Attack has Dretch jump off screen and hit his opponent mid-air, causing a spike on hit. Dretch takes 3 hits to destroy, regardless of the damage.
  • Command Minions: Gargos will command his minions to do one of three things:
    • Cover: Gargos will command his minions to stay close to him as a means of defense.
    • Creep: Gargos will command his minions to stay close to the enemy as a means to overwhelm them.
    • Kill: Gargos will command a minion who is primed to use their Kill Attack.
  • Stoneskin: Gargos' UI sports a yellow meter. This is his Instinct Meter, which gives him a powerful transformation known as Stoneskin. With Stoneskin active, Gargos can shrug off most attacks via super armor, and he also gains access to a move called Eruption. Eruption can activate to not only damage the player and interrupt whatever combo they are using, but also save any form of meter he has. This form lasts about 14 seconds.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Assist Trophy: King Leoric (Diablo III): Leoric will walk around the stage and attack opponents with his mace. While other player attack Leoric like normal, the summoner can KO him in one hit to steal his crown for a buff to stats.

Assist Trophy: Deckard Cain (Diablo): Deckard Cain will stand for a moment before saying, “Stay a while, and listen!” When that happens, book pages will swarm around Deckard in a radius similar to SSB4 Skull Kid’s aura. Those within those pages will fall asleep except for the summoner.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Assist Trophies
1. King Boo
2. 9-Volt
3. Mallow
4. Bandana Dee/Marx

Pokeball
1. Gengar

Items
1. Teddy Bear (Mother)
2. Rambi (DKC)
3. Mirror Wand (Kirby Superstar)
4. Flashlight (Luigi’s Mansion)
5. Floating Sword (Castlevania)

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Dr Eggman mostly. I still have stuck on my mind cjzero01's idea for Green Hill Zone

jwillenn

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if these have been mentioned yet, but here are a few from the old days.

ATs
-the Paperboy (Paperboy)
-Bub & Bob (Bubble Bobble)
-Vic Viper, Ikaruga & Ginkei, Silvergun... (a squad of ships from Treasure's Shmups)
-Billy & Jimmy Lee (Double Dragon)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bosses:
Deathborn
Dynablade
General Scales w/ King RedEye
Hades

Assist Trophies:
Cooking Mama
Ecco the Dolphin
Eggplant Wizard
King Hippo
Lana
Rambi

Last edited:

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
Bosses:
Rayquaza
Dyna Blade
Petey Piranha

Assist Trophies:
Cooking Mama
Professor E.gad
King Hippo
Buggzy
Squawks
Rambi

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Regarding bosses, who do you think should join?
I’d want Calamity Ganon. BotW is already getting content in Smash Bros, so why not get this guy in? And in my mind, I’d love to hear the Calamity Ganon Boss Theme done by Shirō Sagisu while I’m fighting.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Here are a couple of ideas that are so big and ambitious that the odds of Nintendo actually implementing them are slim-to-none, but, hey, this thread is for zany speculation, right?

My main idea for an Assist Trophy is a staff-wielder from the Fire Emblem series — I'm not sure who specifically, but I would guess it would be either Lena, Rhys, Mist, Lissa, or Sakura, since they're the most iconic ones (I would also suggest Serra, but she'd be redundant, since we already have Lyn representing The Blazing Blade, and I would also have suggested Elise, but I have a feeling that this Assist Trophy shouldn't be a mounted unit). (I will continue to use the term "staff-wielder" and either-or pronouns due to the ambiguity about the character's specific identity.) Upon being summoned, the staff-wielder would take a moment to assess the situation, then charge up and cast one of the following spells, based on which one is most needed:

Charges in 1.25 seconds (75 frames), heals 20% damage from the summoner (if the summoner is within 10 feet of the staff-wielder) or 10% damage (if the summoner is further away). (In the mainstream Fire Emblem games, a Mend Staff heals at least 20 damage and a Physic Staff heals 10.) Most likely to be cast when the summoner's damage percentage is high/HP is low (likelihood increases as damage increases) and the situation does not warrant the use of Restore, Sleep, or Rescue.
Charges in 1.75 seconds (105 frames), increases summoner's damage resistance and knockback resistance (applies 0.7x damage and knockback multiplier) for roughly 6 seconds. Also causes the summoner to gain brief super armor, then invulnerability, then super armor while in hitstun (each lasting for roughly 1/8 the duration of the hitstun — super armor at the start, invulnerability in the middle, and super armor again at the end) in order to make the summoner less susceptible to combos while buffed. Summoner faintly glows blue while buffed. Most likely to be cast when the summoner's damage percentage is low/HP is high (likelihood decreases as damage increases) and the situation does not warrant the use of Restore, Sleep, or Rescue. Cannot be cast while the summoner is already buffed by Barrier (Mend/Physic will be cast instead if the situation does not warrant the use of Restore, Sleep, or Rescue).
Charges in 0.33 second (20 frames), removes negative status conditions (such as stun, sleep, flower, slow, or tiny) from the summoner. Cast if the summoner is suffering from a negative status condition and the situation does not warrant the use of Sleep or Rescue.
Charges in 1 second (60 frames), fires a slow-moving projectile at the nearest opponent that, if it hits, does 10% damage and puts the opponent to sleep (if on the ground) or slows them down like Witch Time (if in the air). The projectile can be reflected or absorbed. Cast if an opponent is approaching the staff-wielder (likelihood increases as opponent's distance from staff-wielder decreases and speed increases) and the summoner is both unable to dissuade, impede, or interrupt the opponent's approach and not in immediate danger of being KO'd.
Charges in 0.25 second (15 frames), teleports the summoner to the location of the staff-wielder (canceling the summoner's hitstun and momentum in the process). Teleport effect resembles player 2 space jump in The Subspace Emissary. Cast when summoner is in immediate danger of being KO'd (likelihood increases when summoner is knocked towards a blast line (likelihood increases as summoner's hitstun duration and knockback velocity increase, distance from blast line decreases, and amount of recovery resources (such as midair jumps and recovery specials) used up increases); may also be cast if summoner is being struck by a combo (likelihood increases as hitstun duration and number of hits increase) or about to be punished, or rarely, in a situation that would otherwise warrant the use of Sleep. The summoner going offstage for any reason, including attempting to evade a wide-ranged attack or edgeguard an opponent, may cause the staff-wielder to cast Rescue, as its AI's decision-making on whether or not to cast Rescue is based solely on how much danger of being KO'd or attacked the summoner and staff-wielder are in; thus, summoning the staff-wielder from an Assist Trophy may make it more difficult to edgeguard an opponent.

Between spells, the staff-wielder briefly pauses to re-assess the battlefield situation, then makes a decision and casts his/her next spell. Any of the spells can be interrupted by attacking the staff-wielder, either by hitting him/her (i.e. causing hitstun) or putting offensive pressure on him/her to drive him/her to take evasive maneuvers (i.e. dodging, jumping, running away, etc.) The staff-wielder does not move except to escape from danger (such as an opponent within striking distance, an approaching projectile, stage hazard, or hostile summon, or the platform he/she is standing on moving towards a blast line); he/she will cancel charging (by jumping or rolling) in order to escape from a dangerous situation, and will not resume casting until out of harm's way. While the staff-wielder would be tough to hit due to having most of the same defensive options as a playable character and having an AI that is rather competent at self-preservation, he/she wouldn't be able to take a whole lot of damage before being KO'd, would pose virtually no direct threat to opponents outside of Sleep (which is very simple to dodge (a nod to its terrible accuracy in the main Fire Emblem games)), would have no way of getting back onstage save for a midair jump, air-dodge, and ledge-grab (i.e. the bare minimum that every character gets), and could be prevented from doing anything for his/her summoner just by chasing him/her around for 20 seconds or so. If not KO'd or intimidated into leaving, the staff-user would leave the stage after casting 3 or 4 spells.
As a side note, I left out Silence and Berserk because there was no way to implement them without them either being useless (indiscriminate attacking in free-for-alls, Team Attack turned on when it's already on, Team Attack turned on in a non-team battle, "I don't need to speak to punch you") or utterly infuriating (disabling special moves, putting a player-controlled character under AI control), and I left Recover out because a full heal could be rather overpowered, especially considering that Smash (unlike Fire Emblem) generally has no hard upper limit to how much damage a character can sustain before dying (as is readily demonstrated on stages like Temple, Palutena's Temple, New Pork City, Great Cave Offensive, "no KO" custom stages, etc.). Also, five different staff options is plenty; more would be pushing the envelope.

For a Poké Ball idea, I thought Zygarde may be interesting. Based on how official information on Zygarde in the Pokémon franchise keeps harping on about how it doesn't unleash its full power unless it has no other choice, I figured that Zygarde could use one of several attacks of varying power, based on how many stocks/KO points/Smash Coins its summoner has in comparison to the player in the lead (with the summoner always being immune to Zygarde's attack):

Zygarde appears in 10% Forme and uses Extreme Speed. This is similar to Porygon2's attack in Melee — a quick dash forward that harms and knocks back anyone in its way. However, compared to Porygon2, Zygarde is faster and goes farther, but lacks the electric effect, drops off of ledges, and is considerably weaker, dealing only 15% damage and not KOing until 175%. It actually gets even weaker as the summoner's lead increases; for every KO/stock/100 coin-difference between the summoner and the next-best player, Zygarde's damage decreases by 1% and its minimum damage required to KO increases by 3%, to a minimum of 10% damage dealt and not KOing until 190%. Zygarde vanishes about a second after completing its lunge. Dodging Extreme Speed is extremely simple; just shield, dodge, jump, or be more than about 20 feet ahead of where the Poké Ball landed.
Zygarde appears in 50% Forme and uses Land's Wrath, causing the ground to glow ominously; 1.5 seconds later, pulses of energy erupt from the ground, dealing 20% damage to characters on the ground, with enough knockback to KO at around 100%. These energy eruptions can hit characters a short distance up in the air, but have only half power on airborne characters, dealing 10% damage and KOing at about 150%. An opponent who makes direct contact with Zygarde takes 22% damage and is launched with enough force to KO around 80%, but this will only happen if the summoner deliberately throws a foe into Zygarde or the foe is stupid enough to walk into it. Zygarde vanishes after it has made the ground explode. Dodging Land's Wrath is simple; jump when you see the ground glowing brightly.
Zygarde appears in 50% Forme and uses Thousand Waves. It releases 2 pulses of energy which are similar to Tabuu's Off Waves — that is, they can only be avoided with intangibility or invincibility frames — with the two waves coming roughly 2 seconds apart. Each wave does 20% damage and paralyzes a struck victim for 60+X frames, where X is the struck character's damage percentage after taking the hit. Each wave's knockback on its own is ridiculously weak, not KOing until around 850%, but the long-lasting paralysis inflicted gives the summoner ample time to strike the hapless foe with a powerful attack. An already-paralyzed character struck by a wave has their paralysis extended by 40+0.9X frames and takes substantially increased knockback, being sufficient to KO at around 90%. An opponent who makes direct contact with Zygarde takes 22% damage and is launched with enough force to KO around 80%, but this will only happen if the summoner deliberately throws a foe into Zygarde or the foe is stupid enough to walk into it. Zygarde vanishes after emitting both energy pulses. If you've dealt with Tabuu's Off Waves or Master Core's final attack in either of the previous Smash games, dodging Thousand Waves should be a piece of cake for you — unless Zygarde's summoner decides to complicate matters for you.
Zygarde appears in 50% Forme and uses Thousand Arrows. It launches about 30 rays of energy up off the screen, and moments later, they proceed to rapidly plummet down onto the stage (and off the stage) in a deadly shower, passing through all platforms on their way to the bottom blast line. Each ray that connects deals 10% damage, with the knockback and effect being dependent on the victim's position upon being struck. A character struck in midair is meteor smashed straight down with force comparable to Ganondorf's down aerial, and is buried if still in hitstun upon hitting the ground. A character already on the ground is simply buried; a character who is already buried is semi-spiked towards the nearest blast line with enough knockback to KO at around 85%. An opponent who makes direct contact with Zygarde takes 22% damage and is launched with enough force to KO around 80%, but this will only happen if the summoner deliberately throws a foe into Zygarde or the foe is stupid enough to walk into it. Zygarde vanishes after all 30 rays have fallen past the bottom of the screen. There is no surefire way to dodge Thousand Arrows, as the energy rays descend fast and there is no set pattern governing where and when each arrow falls through the screen; you will need mad dodging reflexes and a lot of luck to get through unscathed. (Thousand Arrows can be blocked, but each arrow does significant shield damage, meaning 2 of them will put the shield on the verge of breaking, assuming that the summoner doesn't just grab you.) Thankfully, unless you were already offstage when the attack started, you probably won't be KO'd by it, especially if the stage is large and the arrows are spread out.
Zygarde appears in its Complete Forme and uses Core Enforcer. To prepare itself for the attack, it flies up to the top of the screen and positions itself over the leftmost point on the stage, going around platforms rather than straight through them (it will remain in the box in a No KO stage). It then flies across the top of the screen towards the rightmost point of the stage, firing a laser beneath it that penetrates all platforms (going all the way to the lower blast line) and tracing a glowing trail behind it. After reaching the rightmost point of the stage, Zygarde flies back to the left side of the stage while also descending towards ground level; it continues leaving a glowing trail behind it while now firing its lasers to its left and right (the lasers pass through all walls and go all the way to the blast lines), trying to fly in as straight a line as possible (it navigates around non-pass-through platforms as well as it can, which makes its movements awkward on large, dense stages such as Temple, New Pork City, and Palutena's Temple). Once at the ground level of the stage, it moves to the rightmost part of the stage, floating over gaps but otherwise following the contours of the stage, while leaving a glowing trail behind it and firing its laser upwards (the laser goes through all platforms and reaches all the way to the upper blast line). The laser does 1% damage per 4 frames of contact and briefly paralyzes struck characters, while the glowing trail does 1% damage per 30 frames of contact with no hitstun; any player who makes contact with Zygarde itself takes 30% damage, is launched with enough knockback to KO at 60%, and is locked out of charging for a time (more on that later). Once Zygarde is at the rightmost part of the stage at ground level, it turns towards the screen, with its glowing trail now resembling a Z, and, with a gesture, detonates the trail, dealing 35% damage to any character in the trail and KOing at around 50%, then vanishes. For every KO or stock or every 100 coins the summoner is behind the leader past the minimum threshold for Core Enforcer, Zygarde's flight speed is slightly reduced (extending the attack and allowing the laser to make contact with enemies for more frames), the damage for contact with Zygarde and its trail detonation is increased by 3% and 5%, respectively, knockback is increased accordingly, and charge lockout lasts for a baseline of 5 more seconds — these boosts cap at a 10-KO/stock/900-coin deficit. Core Enforcer is unblockable, so minimizing the damage taken requires either a precise sequence of dodges or going offstage.

Any character who makes contact with Zygarde itself during any part of the attack instantly loses any charge they have stored (including their Final Smash meter, but not the Smash Ball) and is locked out of charging in any way — Smash attacks, special moves, Final Smash meter, and item/tool respawn — for roughly 45 seconds (more if Zygarde is powered up, as described above, and less if the specific character struck happens to be particularly badly screwed over by getting locked out, as described below). (The charge-lock mechanic is based on Core Enforcer suppressing the Ability of any Pokémon it hits who moved before Zygarde in the main Pokémon games.) Charge-lock status persists even if the afflicted player is KO'd. Zygarde is even meaner to the players in first and second place; the player in first place loses his/her/its charge upon being hit by the lasers (even if only taking 1% damage) or the detonating trail in addition to Zygarde itself, while the player in second place loses his/her/its charge upon being hit by the detonating trail in addition to Zygarde itself.
*Robin loses access to his/her tomes and Levin Sword upon being charge-locked by Zygarde; they are destroyed as though their durability had ran out, and their respawn timers don't begin until the charge-lock expires. Because this leaves Robin virtually incapable of fighting effectively or recovering, Robin is only charge-locked for 1/6 as long as usual (7.5 seconds at minimum Core Enforcer power).
*An Inkling's ink tank is completely emptied upon being charge-locked and can’t be filled back up until the charge-lock expires. Because this renders most of the Inkling's attacks impotent (even though only a small handful are outright unusable, and their recovery is unaffected), the Inkling is only charge-locked for 1/5 as long as usual (9 seconds at minimum Core Enforcer power).
*R.O.B.'s energy for its Robo Beam, fuel for its Robo Burner, and Gyro are lost upon being charge-locked; Robo Beam and Robo Burner can't charge (though minimum-power Robo Beam is still usable) and Gyro can't be used (as though a Gyro was already onstage) until the charge-lock expires. While R.O.B., unlike Robin, still has several moves it can use in this state, it's still deprived of its primary recovery move, so R.O.B. is only charge-locked for 1/5 as long as usual (9 seconds at minimum Core Enforcer power).
*Pac-Man loses his Bonus Fruit charge and loses access to Bonus Fruit, Pac-Jump, and Fire Hydrant upon being charge-locked. Since he loses his primary recovery move entirely, Pac-Man is only charge-locked for 1/5 as long as usual (9 seconds at minimum Core Enforcer power).
*Wario loses his Wario Waft charge and access to his Wario Bike upon being charge-locked, and doesn't start charging Wario Waft (though he can use it uncharged) or regain his Bike until the charge-lock expires. While he only has these two non-Smash attacks crippled by a charge-lock, because of how much this hinders his recovery, Wario is only charge-locked for 1/4 as long as usual (11.25 seconds at minimum Core Enforcer power).
*Diddy Kong loses access to his Banana Peel upon being charge-locked, and the charge-lock means that he can only use his Rocketbarrel Boost at minimum power and gets no time to aim it. He's also unable to use his Peanut Popgun except at its minimum power and default angle. Because his recovery is badly neutered, but most of the rest of his moveset works fine, Diddy Kong is only charge-locked for 1/4 as long as usual (11.25 seconds at minimum Core Enforcer power).
*Cloud has his Limit Gauge emptied upon being charge-locked and is unable to fill it in any way until the charge-lock expires. Because he is badly hindered by the loss of his trump card — including being stuck with a sub-standard recovery — Cloud is only charge-locked for 1/3 as long as usual (15 seconds at minimum Core Enforcer power).
*Little Mac has his Power Meter emptied upon being charge-locked and is unable to fill it in any way (or charge his Straight Lunge) until the charge-lock expires. Because of how much he is hindered by the loss of his trump card (which also doubles as a recovery option, something that Little Mac has a severe lack of), Little Mac is only charge-locked for 1/3 as long as usual (15 seconds at minimum Core Enforcer power).
*Bayonetta's Witch Time and Shulk's Vision get set to minimum power/counter window upon being charge-locked, and do not begin replenishing themselves until the charge-lock expires. Shulk additionally gets locked out of his Monado Arts and Bayonetta suffers the greatest possible amount of landing lag after performing an attack in midair. As a result, both characters are only charge-locked for 1/2 as long as usual (22.5 seconds at minimum Core Enforcer power).
*Villager loses whatever is in his/her Pocket and any tree he/she has on the stage upon being charge-locked. While charge-locked, anything Villager puts in his/her Pocket is immediately erased and Villager cannot plant any trees. Villager is only charge-locked for 2/3 as long as usual (30 seconds at minimum Core Enforcer power).
*Bowser's Fire Breath and Charizard's Flamethrower get set to minimum length and power upon being charge-locked, and do not begin replenishing themselves until the charge-lock expires. They are charge-locked for the usual duration.
*King K. Rool loses access to his crown when charge-locked. He is charge-locked for the usual duration.
*Mega Man loses access to his Metal Blade when charge-locked. He is charge-locked for the usual duration.

While Zygarde looks fearsome on the surface, note that its truly nasty attacks are only executed when its summoner is losing badly. Despite its immense power, Zygarde cannot single-handedly move a player behind by a large margin from last place to first place (except perhaps in an 8-player Time match). Furthermore, as a Legendary Pokémon, it isn't particularly likely to appear from a Poké Ball (Master Balls increase the likelihood substantially, but are rare in and of themselves), all of its moves except for Extreme Speed are heavily telegraphed (and Extreme Speed is limited by its short duration and range), and all of its moves except for Thousand Arrows are extremely predictable, so dodging Zygarde's attacks is quite easy for experienced players; it's up to the summoner to either ensure Zygarde connects or exploit the openings created as the foes dodge Zygarde's attack. When considering its rarity, predictability, and reserving its more powerful attacks for when summoned by a player who's losing badly, Zygarde is not as overpowered as it initially appears.

Last edited:

E-scope12

Smash Apprentice
I would really like to see Dialga, Groudon, Raikou, Celebi, Jirachi, Cresselia, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Yveltal, Zygarde, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Ho-Oh, Shaymin, Manaphy, Phione, Heatran, Regigigas, Diancie, & Hoopa as Poké Ball and Master Ball Pokémon.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Assist Trophy: Face Raiders

They'd function similarly to the Andross assist trophy, except that they'd be much smaller, shoot one projectile (a ball) at a time, and could be attacked and defeated.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Magneton and Magnezone

These are two Pokémon ideas that do roughly the same thing as each other. They would fall under one category of Pokémon each with a 50% chance to spawn. Only one of them spawns. Magneton/zone will be immune to damage as they immediately fall into the background. They fly to the closest enemy fighter (we're going to call this person the Intended Victim), and follow them with sharp precision. After existing for two seconds, Magneton/zone will begin to use the move Magnet Pull, and won't stop until they're about to disappear.

Magnet Pull doesn't deal direct damage. It creates an aura that pulls projectiles towards the intended victim. This works on projectiles that came from the person who threw the Poké Ball, other players, assist trophies, and other Pokémon, but it does not work on projectiles that come directly from the intended victim unless they're reflected or pocketed. If the intended victim reflects or pockets projectiles, they're counted as his and Magnet Pull will lose its influence. The pull this move has on projectiles is pretty strong. Any item in motion is counted as a projectile as well, and will fly towards the intended victim and deal damage if it hits. The exceptions are if the intended victim threw it, and if it hit the intended victim once already since being in motion. Barrels and Rolling Crates are always sucked in regardless of if they're moving or not, and break immediately when they hit.

Magneton's Magnet Pull works like an aura that covers a 360° angle surrounding the intended victim completely. The downside is that it has a small radius, so don't expect it to work from a long distance. The lack of pull power means projectiles do not get extra damage while under the influence of Magneton's Magnet Pull. The intended victim can dodge projectiles as they get sucked towards them, but because the Magnet Pull works in all directions, it's coming right back for them after they dodge it.

Magnezone's Magnet Pull reaches five times further out and pulls in projectiles much faster. The downside is that it only works in the direction the intended victim is facing covering a 90° angle. The intended victim can dodge projectiles flying towards them and expect them not to turn around after missing them. The increase in travel speed Magnezone's Magnet Pull provides will lead to projectiles building up extra damage as they approach the intended victim.
Magneton is on the top. Magnezone is on the bottom.

Last edited:
Top Bottom