• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Assist Trophy, Poké Ball, Enemy and Boss ideas discussion

D

Deleted member

I have a few ideas. Only a few though.

Assist Trophies:

Zeke & Pandoria (Xenoblade Chronicles 2): Zeke gets out his Big Bang Edge and perform ULFS Max, while shouting, "Bringer of Chaos! Ultimate Lightning Fury Slash... MAX!!!". After he finishes, he strikes his signature pose from Blade Specials, synchronized with Pandoria of course.

Ryoma (Fire Emblem Fates): Replaces Lyn, but with added lightning effects.

Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong Country): Cranky pogo jumps around the stage with his cane, occasionally stopping to whack fighters with it while scolding them. Eventually his dentures fall out and he has to leave to retrieve them.

Rick & Kine & Coo (Kirby): Rick runs around the stage, stopping to breath fire or roll around in a stone ball. Kine tags in next, flopping around for a few seconds before emitting an icy barrier that freezes opponents. Finally, Coo appears, flying and spinning through the air while throwing in a few feathers.

Pokeball Pokemon:

Raikou: Bring back the Melee Pokeball in which Raikou uses Spark, creating an electric current near him.

Nihilego: Nihilego floats around until it either retreats by taking too much damage or lands on someone's head. If you're caught, Nihilego will possess you unless you mash fast enough, causing your character to run around and spam Smash Attacks for a few seconds.

Toucannon: Toucannon uses Beak Blast, heating up its beak before firing the attack off. Any fighters who come into contact with Toucannon's beak during the initial charging period suffer low, set knockback.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Assist Trophy: Ryoma AND Xander.

They appear on opposite sides of the screen, stare each other for a moment while the rest of the game gets temporarily slowed down, pretty much like on Mewtwo's final smash, and they re-enact the initial dialogue seen in the Prologue ("Nohrian general, you face the high prince of Hoshido, Ryoma! I challenge you, to single combat!", "I will accept your challenge, high prince. But I'm no general, I'm crown prince Xander of Nohr!").

Then they charge at each other, and proceed to duel in the middle of the battlefield for a few seconds, dealing heavy damage to everybody they catch and trap during the initial charge.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I honestly think Ultra Necrozma would be a great boss.
Maybe it could be split into phases. Ultra Necrozma would be invincible to every attack, except for the Final Smash, which would temporarily stun Ultra Necrozma and remove its invincibility for a while.

D

Deleted member

Maybe it could be split into phases. Ultra Necrozma would be invincible to every attack, except for the Final Smash, which would temporarily stun Ultra Necrozma and remove its invincibility for a while.
This sounds needlessly unfair.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
The main issue with using Final Smashes to actually harm some bosses is that some Final Smashes just won't work with it in MANY cases. For example, Peach Blossom only puts opponents to sleep and has giant peaches spawn. I doubt you'll be able to put a giant boss to sleep, nor will something like that end up removing it's invincibility. I doubt Luigi can fit a giant monster inside of the Poultergust and launch it easily. Would the Blue Falcon even be powerful enough to knock a giant boss onto a racetrack and run it over without getting destroyed itself? Can Greninja's mat even launch a giant boss into the sky for it to be hit by his FS? And so on. Some moves just don't work with this gimmick at all, and some won't make any sense. It's a good idea at first, but it's really flawed when you actually think about it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This sounds needlessly unfair.
Not if enemies spawn during the boss fight. Ultra Necrozma would always begin the phase by creating ultra wormholes to summon up to three Nihilego that are rather easy to defeat. And one of the Nihilego would emit a Smash Ball aura that you must defeat to acquire the ability to execute the Final Smash.

Afterwards, you'd have to endure Ultra Necrozma's assaults until it generates new ultra wormholes, which it will always do after executing two attacks. In other words...
  1. Create ultra wormhole
  2. Attack
  3. Attack
  4. Create ultra wormhole
  5. Repeat 2-4
If Ultra Necrozma gets stunned, upon recovering, it'll resume battle, starting with action 2.

In regards to the Final Smashes themselves, some of them would have their effects altered so that they can pierce through Ultra Necrozma's armor. For an example, Peach Blossom's damage output would pierce through Ultra Necrozma, putting it in a stunned state, and Peach would have up to 900 frames to deplete Ultra Necrozma's HP before the armor regenerates; the timer starts the instant the Final Smash concludes.

As for Giga Bowser, Wario-Man, Giga Mac, and Mega Lucario, all of their attacks would pierce through Ultra Necrozma's armor.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
whats everyones thought on there being a third character summoning item? (not counting both pokeballs and master balls separately) a few xenoblade 2 fans have suggested core crystals from the game

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I’d like to see bubbles from clu clu land and Stanley the bug man as assist trophies.

D

Deleted member

whats everyones thought on there being a third character summoning item? (not counting both pokeballs and master balls separately) a few xenoblade 2 fans have suggested core crystals from the game
I'm not a fan of this idea.
If core crystals were to reappear in a new Xenoblade game I wouldn't be opposed, but as for now I'd much prefer to see Rare Blades being summoned by Assist Trophies rather than from a one-time thing.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rowlet

Upon being released from a Poke Ball, Rowlet will use Leafage to attack nearby opponents. The attack isn't all that strong, but the leaves can deal decent damage. Rowlet executes Leafage up to 6 times before disappearing.

Mimikyu

Mimikyu attacks nearby fighters with Shadow Claw. It serves as a Smash Run enemy, and as such, the player can defeat it with almost any attack. However, the disguise has to be taken down first, and when it does get destroyed, Mimikyu will become much more aggressive. Also, Mimikyu does have unusually high HP, but it can flinch, and be affected by grabs.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Hmmm... A character I would like to see as AT/Pokémon?...

Well, this usually overlap with the characters I would like as playable characters, so it's hard to decide which ones xD

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Fire Emblem Heroes summoning weapon Breidablik seems like it would work.
There's almost as many characters in that series as Pokemon so it'd be a good way to include lots of characters without making them playable.
Sakurai can get his fix of his favourite series and the fans won't complain about the roster being filled to the brim with Fire Emblem characters.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Kirby games as of late have included a powered-up Soul variant of the final boss as a super-secret bonus challenge. Since Smash already feels a lot like a Kirby game anyway, what if they did the same?

boss idea: Tabuu Soul

D

Deleted member

Kirby games as of late have included a powered-up Soul variant of the final boss as a super-secret bonus challenge. Since Smash already feels a lot like a Kirby game anyway, what if they did the same?

Bruh, I literally had the exact same idea.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Bruh, I literally had the exact same idea.
oh jeez, did you? sorry 'bout that! ^^; i gotta be more thorough about looking back next time

edit: i had my own smash bros story thought out several years ago. the only bosses i remember were Regigigas (which kinda dates the story lmao, gen. 4 was still the newest Pokemon batch) and the Helmaroc King. maybe 'Gigas is a little dated at this point but i still feel like either of them could work as a boss

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

oh jeez, did you? sorry 'bout that! ^^; i gotta be more thorough about looking back next time
Nah, I just thought of that, never posted it.
I just thought it was cool that someone else had the same idea. Just poor phrasing on my part

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I really don't see Tabuu returning in any way. Smash Run may have brought back some of the Subspace Emissary enemies, but if Adventure mode were to return, it should probably focus more on the various franchises that exist.

PF9

Smash Lord
As far as Pokemon you can summon, a lot of the non-Legendary/Mythical Pokemon should be Pokemon that have been owned by main characters in the Pokemon anime, in line with my wish of including more Pokemon anime references in Smash Switch.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Ever had Pyoro (from WarioWare) in mind? That's the same bird in that "Bird & Beans" game you saw in NWC '17.

You can also add Mimikyu as a Pokeball.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
DKC Cartoon Donkey Kong - Showers your opponents with coconut cream pies

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
anyone got a list of all the assist trophies we know of?
Hammer Bro
Waluigi
Midna
Metroid
Lyn
Starman
Jeff
Knuckle Joe
Andross
Krystal
Samurai Goroh
Burrowing Snagret
Riki
Callie & Marie
Sheriff
Color TV Game 15
Takamaru
Sukapon
Dr. Wright
Starfy
Nintendog
Badge Bunny
Ghosts
Bomberman
Knuckles
Rodin

Those are what I've gathered so far, but I probably missed a bunch.

Last edited:

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
I've written my item ideas before somewhere, but here are some ATs I've had in mind:

Puyo Puyo

They'll fall around all over the stage, making more walls and ground. Damaging players when dropping or popping on them, too.

Karate Joe

He'll just stand in place and punch pots and stuff at the other opponents. He'll then finish with a kick or an uppercut.

Daruk

Swings his weapon at opponents and attacks with the Goron roll on occasion.

Yuga

Attack with his "brush" and shoots energy shots at others.

Omega Metroid

Relies mostly on its attack pattern from Samus Returns.

Kracko

Flies around and follows some players, then shocks them with lightning from above.

And that's all I've got.

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Ideas for Assist Trophies

Lightning starts running up to the targets with her blade. Idk what else, I am playing through that game without any spoilers and it is a lot of fun.
I have expectations for Gray Fox returning as an Assist Trophy because Snake is now in!!!! If they decide to switch up the MGS Assist Trophy to a new character that is fine. (Like how Shadow is replaced with Knuckles as far as we know)

I'd have to think of this question Longer

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, now that Ridley's in, I have a great idea of where to toss the whole Pyrosphere mess that really goes along with my pipe-dream character...

New Stage: Throat of the World / High Hrothgar

Castle on a snow-capped mountain, and every so often, Alduin or Paarthurnax (whose VA is going to be around) flies in and causes devastation just like Riddles on Pyroshpere. By attacking enough, you can win him to your side, or you can KO him for a point.

Callofmc

Smash Rookie
I think that the generation 7 starters should be a Pokeball (3 in 1)

it would be likes Pokemon trainer final smash from brawl except it would by Litten Brionne and Decidueye

Also Zorawok should change a bit

He now would transform into your character (like link) and fight for a short time.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Here’s some of my ideas:

Assist Trophies
Xenoblade series - Fiora (Riki is in Shulk’s FS as well AND also an AT. Nothing’s barring Fiora from being an AT, she could use Final Cross as an AT. She just can’t be playable, I’ve come to accept it since i supported her since 2014), Lin Lee Koo from X, and either Tora/Poppi, Nia/Dromarch, or Morag/Brighid from 2

Fire Emblem: Celica from Echoes (reduces the accrued damage of all fighters with a healing spell), Chrom OR Azura

Bandai Namco: someone from Tales, I guess. Lloyd Irving is a top pick.

Capcom: Ken (Street Fighter), Dante (Devil May Cry)

Sega (non-Sonic): someone from SMT/Persona maybe? Since Atlus is owned by Sega now. Maybe Jack Frost, or Joker from Persona 5?

Square-Enix: Sephiroth (Final Fantasy), 2B (NieR Automata)

Konami: Raiden from Metal Gear Rising (operates like Gray Fox from Brawl)

Metroid: Sylux

Zelda: Lana from Warriors

Punch-Out: Doc Louis, as I believe some scrapped data for his AT form exists in Smash 4

Indie: ???? Not sure who exactly but I would like to see at least one Indie AT

Donkey Kong: Funky Kong

Kirby: Magolor

Stage Bosses

Xenoblade - Telethia the Endbringer (on a Noctilum stage from X; rare chance of appearing. Defeat it piece by piece by destroying each of its appendages, just like in X)

That’s...about it for all my ideas actually. I don’t have any particular ideas for Pokeballs, and for ATs and Bosses I’m about quality over quantity.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I just came here to say how happy I am that my favorite Pokemon Abra was added to the Pokemon in Pokeballs!

:063:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I just came here to say how happy I am that my favorite Pokemon Abra was added to the Pokemon in Pokeballs!

I've heard a lot of people saying this - which is cool, I always wanted to get an Alakazam but couldn't trade with people in the main games - but what does he do?

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I've heard a lot of people saying this - which is cool, I always wanted to get an Alakazam but couldn't trade with people in the main games - but what does he do?
He grabs an opponent and teleports randomly around. I'm not sure how effective he is because I only saw a small snippet of him but, perhaps when he teleports get could happen under the stage or too far off the side? Could really mess players up I guess.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was just thinking but I'll be kind of disappointed if we don't see an Ultra Beast or two as pokeball Pokemon.

My picks would probably be Nihilego and Blacephalon but I bet Poipole will be the most likely one to appear.

Top Bottom