• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Assist Trophy, Poké Ball, Enemy and Boss ideas discussion

D

Deleted member

With @Venus of the Desert Bloom 's consent, I open his thread's successor, which will consist on what could be the next characters and Pokémon to be included as Assist Trophies, Poké Ball and, in addition to these, Enemies (Bosses included).

For start, I repost 4 ideas of Assists I had 3 years ago on the previous thread:
Tiki
(from Fire Emblem: Awakening)

When she's summoned, she first appears as her Manakete form, then she'll envelops herself into a flower's bulb and releases its petals, which cause weak damages. After that Tiki is transformed as a dragon which flies around the area and blows ice-like flames upon her summoner's enemies.
Melia
(from Xenoblade Chronicles)

When she's summoned, she uses Mind Blast, a magic-like laser used horizontally which, additionally to cause moderate damages on her summoner's enemies, disable them of their special moves for a moment.
Trace
(from Metroid Prime: Hunters)

He is able to become invisible, and he takes then position to some points on the battlefield before using its signature sniper-weapon, the Imperialist, to his summoner's ennemies, causing insta-KO to them.
Funky Kong
(from the Donkey Kong Country games)

He could be the Celebi of the Assist Trophies, unleashing Trophies on the stage while flying around it on one of his surfboards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The following enemy easily came to my mind when talking about possible Smash Run enemies.

Lynel

Lynel are powerful enemies who are not easily phased by most attacks. They're also immune to grab attacks, but their offensive power can vary, depending on their mane color...

*Red-Maned Lynel: Weakest Lynel variant
*Blue-Maned Lynel: Second weakest Lynel variant
*White-Maned Lynel: Second strongest Lynel variant
*Silver Lynel: Strongest Lynel variant

Facing stronger Lynel can give you better rewards when you defeat them. But beware of the Silver Lynel, as they're even more powerful than Clubberskull; not only do they have more HP than Clubberskull, but their weapons are powerful enough to KO even Bowser with a single blow. However, defeating a Silver Lynel can give you a massive amount of rewards that all the other Lynel variants won't give you.

Luminario

Smash Lord
The return of Porygon 2 would be nice, along with Clefairy and Blastoise.
Can we leave behind the whole 'assist trophy/pokemon that doesn't remotely assist' thing? Nintendogs is annoying but its more or less harmless on its own but I can't tell you how many times I've died from Skull Kid's and Palkia's gimmicks.
I think Toxapex would be a good idea with Baneful Bunker. When summoned it sticks to wherever it landed and uses Baneful Bunker for like 10 seconds, a small dome shaded shield no taller than Mario standing up. It has reflective and bumper properties that lands a flower on any opponents heads if they touch it but the person who throw the pokeball is completely immune allowing them to stand (or rather crouch because the shield is so small) in the area of effect and be perfectly safe.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Bewear should be a Poke Ball Pokemon or a Smash Run enemy (if not playable :^) ).

It would walk around trying to grab an opponent, if it grabs someone, it hugs the character and deals insane damage.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
How about we get some Fire Emblem enemies for once?

Even some generic bandits, knights, wyvern riders, archers, or mages would be nice.

Or enemies like wolves, Tarvoses, Wights, Gargoyles, Draco Zombies, Arch Mogalls, puppets, Stoneborn, Faceless, and Risen.

D

Deleted member

How about we get some Fire Emblem enemies for once?

Even some generic bandits, knights, wyvern riders, archers, or mages would be nice.

Or enemies like wolves, Tarvoses, Wights, Gargoyles, Draco Zombies, Arch Mogalls, puppets, Stoneborn, Faceless, and Risen.
I thought about Fire Emblem's Revenants once.

They would be rare and very slow in both moving and attacking, but very powerful in return.
Once defeated, they would unleash tons of bonuses, much like how they give lots of EXP in the FE games.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Wow trace looks kinda scary XD.
  • The Lumen Sage would be the best choice for Bayonetta AT imo.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
If a story mode was brought into the new Smash I'd like to see Kracko, Boom-Boom (from SMB3), and a team of Nidoking and Nidoqueen as bosses.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some point after I saw Crash Bandicoot's support thread, I had an Assist Trophy thought that relates to his franchise...

Dr. Neo Cortex

Cortex flies around on his hoverboard and fires his blaster at opposing fighters. The blasts aren't very strong, but they do briefly stun anyone who gets hit, leaving them vulnerable to incoming attacks. Opposing fighters can damage Cortex's hoverboard, however, so he's not invincible by any means; if damaged enough, the hoverboard will malfunction, sending Cortex packing as well.

D

Deleted member

Rambi
(Donkey Kong Country series)

A simple one: once summoned, Rambi acts much like Gogoat, as to know he runs towards his summoners' opponents causing massive damages to them. In comparison though, he runs faster but jumps less high. Any player can stand on his back too.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Wayyyy back during Smash speculation, I posted these idea's for AT's on another forum, Sakurai style:

Groose (Zelda)

Groosenator.png

Pic of the day. "The Groose...is loose!"

Action: Groose jumps off the screen, then reappears on a floating platform in the background of the stage, catapulting bombs with a huge blast radius from his infamous weapon: The Groosenator.
Raiden (Metal Gear)

Tumblr_m8sl44Pa5m1r6hu3go2_1280.jpg

"Pic of the day. Lightning will strike again!"

Action: He basically acts as a replacement for Grey Fox, doing the same stuff; although his final strike ends with a lighting bolt striking the ground (or opponent) in front of him, MGS4 style.
Adam Malkovich (Metroid)
Adam_Malkovich.jpg

Pic of the day."I'm going to have to unauthorize blocking.No objections, right?"

Action: Disables (un-authorizes) a random button for all opponents while summoned. He can disable either the A, B, or R (block) button.
i'm not sure we'll see any of them considered, nor that last fan favorite shoed in (:troll:). But I still like the idea of a character that disables a full button/command.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wayyyy back during Smash speculation, I posted these idea's for AT's on another forum, Sakurai style:

i'm not sure we'll see any of them considered, nor that last fan favorite shoed in (:troll:). But I still like the idea of a character that disables a full button/command.
Something tells me that many will hate Adam doing that to their controls.

D

Deleted member

The fact the Eggplant Wizard is not in smash is an absolute Crime
Hardly worse than not having Zebesians/Space Pirates.

While I do prefer their Prime appearance, I think their Zebesian form is much more suited for a Smash Run enemy role: climbing, crawling, walljumping, "karate-shooting" through the air and so on.

Would make a change after the small enemies we got from Metroid.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
New Poke Ball Pokemon concept...

Guzzlord

Guzzlord is a very rare Pokemon to release from a Poke Ball or Master Ball, as it possesses the devastating ability to consume opposing players who are in its path. If it grabs any fighters, it'll consume them, dealing high amounts of damage before spitting them out; as much as 40% damage can be dealt before Guzzlord spits out its prey, but the knockback upon spitting out a fighter is surprisingly on the low side. However, if the grabbed target's current damage goes over 100% while inside Guzzlord, he or she will get KO'd instantly.

Guzzlord is roughly the size of Giga Bowser, and it's dangerous to even fighters who are under the effects of a Super Mushroom or were enlarged by the Lightning, but it can't grab fighters with a grab immunity, such as Giga Bowser, Wario-Man, Giga Mac, and Mega Lucario.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I could see the vivosaurs as Smash Run enemies.

Thought T-Rex would be the best choice for a Fossil Fighters assist trophy.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
An alternative take on Groose:
When summoned, he waits at either stage ledge until a player (except for the one who summoned him) is knocked off stage. He then jumps off after them and tries to grab them. If successful, his weight will drag them down instantly, preventing that character from trying to recover.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Kirbeh Kirbeh : R.I.P. Little Mac

Anyway...

Poke Ball Summons:

Stufful

- It can be grabbed by its summoner and it'd flail is arms around, hurting anyone else that gets near it. Same happens if an opponent gets too close to it.

Golisopod

- It'd use First Impression on any opponent that tries to attack it. It leaves after that.

Salazzle

- It'd call upon her Salandit harem and have them attack en masse. The Salandit themselves would be pretty weak.

Litten

- Shoots burning hairballs in a straight line.

Alolan Marowak

- Starts dancing. Anyone foolish enough to interrupt it will be met with burns.

Nihilego

- Possesses an opponent and it'd mess up that character's controls but greatly strengthens one special move.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One Poké Ball Pokémon I'd love to see introduced is Castform.

Basically, it'd enter the field and use either Sunny Day, Rain Dance, or Hail.

Under Sunny Day, Castform would change to its Sunny form and bring harsh sunlight to the battlefield. This makes damage done to both sides be higher, as the intense sun adds to the power.

Under Rain Dance, Castform changes to its Rainy form and delivers a downpour onto the stage. Traction for both sides is lowered due to slippery conditions.

Under Hail, Castform changes to its Snowy form and summons a hailstorm. Both the opponent and the summoner take chip damage while the storm occurs, though the summoner takes much less than the opponent.

After about eight seconds of the chosen weather effect, Castform transforms back into its normal form, ending the weather. It then leaves.

Cyro_

Smash Cadet
Lissa could be a nice assist trophy sorta like a quick heal for whoever summoned her.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
While thinking about Poke Ball Pokemon, here's another one that came to me...

Kartana

Do not let Kartana's size fool you. While it may only be as tall as Kirby, Kartana is a highly damaging Poke Ball Pokemon for any opposing fighter. Upon entry, it will start to move around at high speeds, dealing high damage to those who are in its path. Its attacks are also unblockable, so shields are useless against it.

Kartana deals as much as 50% damage to those that it comes into contact with, and the attack knockback is very high as well. Also, a fighter whose current damage is over 20% is at risk of getting KO'd by Kartana, but giant fighters and metal fighters can withstand the knockback for a longer duration.

Kartana can be released from a Poke Ball, but it has better odds of popping out of a Master Ball, due to its highly damaging attacks.

D

Deleted member

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing these as Smash Run enemies.

Same for the Ultra Beasts.

D

Deleted member

New Poke Ball Pokemon concept...

Guzzlord

Guzzlord is a very rare Pokemon to release from a Poke Ball or Master Ball, as it possesses the devastating ability to consume opposing players who are in its path. If it grabs any fighters, it'll consume them, dealing high amounts of damage before spitting them out; as much as 40% damage can be dealt before Guzzlord spits out its prey, but the knockback upon spitting out a fighter is surprisingly on the low side. However, if the grabbed target's current damage goes over 100% while inside Guzzlord, he or she will get KO'd instantly.

Guzzlord is roughly the size of Giga Bowser, and it's dangerous to even fighters who are under the effects of a Super Mushroom or were enlarged by the Lightning, but it can't grab fighters with a grab immunity, such as Giga Bowser, Wario-Man, Giga Mac, and Mega Lucario.
This makes me think, should Beast Ball be a new item along the Poké Ball and the Master Ball as well?

To stay on topic, I found another idea of AT I had in the previous thread:

Tiki
(from Fire Emblem: Awakening)

When she's summoned, she first appears as her Manakete form, then she'll envelops herself into a flower's bulb and releases its petals, which cause weak damages. After that Tiki is transformed as a dragon which flies around the area and blows ice-like flames upon her summoner's enemies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If they were to add one for Street Fighter I think the best ones for the role would be Zangief and Blanka. Especially if Zangief is his canon size of BIIIIIG!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This makes me think, should Beast Ball be a new item along the Poké Ball and the Master Ball as well?
Since there are only 7 Ultra Beasts, there wouldn't be much of a roulette to go by. After all, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma are not classified as Ultra Beasts, despite having a couple things in common with them; one example being that all of their base stat values are prime numbers.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And the Beast Balls will STILL have freaking, no-good, horrible, totally-should-be-Magikarp, Goldeen.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And the Beast Balls will STILL have freaking, no-good, horrible, totally-should-be-Magikarp, Goldeen.
Beast Balls have (almost) no chance of catching a Goldeen though. Anyway, back to the primary topic...

Pikipek

Pikipek flies around pecking opposing fighters with Fury Attack. The hits are not very strong, however, and Pikipek isn't able to KO anyone with its attacks until its victim's current damage goes over 400%.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Beast Balls have (almost) no chance of catching a Goldeen though.
And that's why it will quadruplely infuriating when it happens.

On a different topic, since Pooka was the Pac-Man enemy, it stands to reason that the Final Fantasy foe could be a cameo of the Dragon Quest Slime. Not sure what it's gimmick would be though.

PF9

Smash Lord
Wobbuffet as an enemy - its attack is when it glows, when you try to attack it during its glowing phase you take damage instead (this is Counter).

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
And that's why it will quadruplely infuriating when it happens.

On a different topic, since Pooka was the Pac-Man enemy, it stands to reason that the Final Fantasy foe could be a cameo of the Dragon Quest Slime. Not sure what it's gimmick would be though.
While I'd be totally down for Slime, I don't know how the FF enemy should be one from DQ. I don't think Pooka was necessarily included as a Pac-Man enemy so much as a general classic Namco enemy. (We also got Bacura from Xevious.)

Namco did have a bit of a special case compared to other third parties in that they got multiple series represented. Pac-Man, Mappy, Dig-Dug, etc. While Pac-Man is the central focus here, he and the other Namco content included in Smash was more a mix of several classic Namco titles.

It is interesting how a few Assist Trohpies double as enemies, and yet the Ghosts weren't among them, however I think this was the case because of how the Ghosts behave which may not have translated well into Smash Run. With that in mind they likely looked to Dig-Dug since Pac-Man's design in Smash already doubled as a representation of classic Namco given his Mappy inspired Up Special and numerous sprite references in his taunts. (And the classic Namco music medleys, can't forget those.)

Now, IF we do get another Smash Run/adventure mode esque mode in the next Smash, I do hope third parties get a few more enemies. And if enemies and trophies can be an extra way to represent a few more series then I think they should go for it. (Provided getting that many licenses are within reason for the budget.)

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
How about Callie & Marie? When summoned, no matter which stage the fighters are currently duking it out on, the Squid Sisters "warp" the fighters to a totally different area: a stadium in which they are giving a concert in the background, a crowd roaring happily in the foreground, and the fighters still fighting on platforms located between the sisters and the crowd.

But that'd be too difficult to implement I guess.

Provided they don't function as an Inkling skin, the Octalings could fit as a Smash Run enemy.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Here are some new Assist Trohy ideas I have.

Callie and Marie- Splatoon
Dark Pit- Kid Icarus Uprising
Lin Lee Koo- Xenoblade Chronicles X
Chorus Kids- Rhythm Heaven
Poochy- Yoshi's Island

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Poke Ball Summons:
Toucannon-Smash 4 Lyn/Halberd's Combo Cannon plus an explosion. Toucannon flies around, heating up it's beak, then attacks a random spot on the main stage with Beak Blast. Like Lyn and the CC, it's a really strong attack, but will attack a random spot instead of tracking an enemy.

Clawitzer-Sm4sh Genesect but it just fires off bursts, no full beams.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Possible Final Fantasy enemies
Bomb

Fights by tackling the player and casting Fire. Relatively weak, but will increase in size and strength as it takes damage. After it's third size increase, the player will only have a few seconds to finish it off before it explodes, defeating itself, but dealing lots of damage and knockback to the player.

Cactaur

Rarely encountered and quick to flee. It's very fast, but will usually not attack even if the player successfully lands a hit. It has very low HP and will drop lots of gold/rewards if caught and defeated. Players should still be wary however as its single attack, 1000 Needles, while rarely used, will instantly deal 999% of damage, though it has no knockback only hitstun.

Malboro

A very strong enemy with lots of HP. Malboro will use it's signature Bad Breath ability which will deal massive damage and cause numerous other negative effects such as growing a flower on the players head, and greatly lowering their stats.

Tonberry

Another rare encounter that will yield lots of rewards if beaten. The Tonberry is very slow, but has lots of HP and it's only attack, Chef's Knife, deals heavy damage and KB that can easily result in a K.O. even at 0%. The Tonberry's slow speed and poor range make this easy to avoid so long as you choose to avoid the Tonberry altogether.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some additional Smash Run enemy inputs...

Bokoblin

Bokoblin are relatively straightforward enemies that attack anyone within their range. Their body color determines their overall attack power and stamina.
  • Red Bokoblin: The weakest variant, and can be defeated easily.
  • Blue Bokoblin: Second weakest, but is more resilient.
  • Black Bokoblin: Second strongest, and has moderate endurance.
  • Silver Bokoblin: The strongest variant, and can take a lot of attacks before falling.
However, regardless of their color, all Bokoblin can flinch from just about any attack, and they can even be grabbed. They're more dangerous in groups though, so watch out if any Silver Bokoblin packs are present, as they can KO fighters the quickest with their heavy-hitting weapons.

Chargin' Chuck

Chargin' Chucks will charge right at any fighters that they spot. They're rather resilient, but can easily be stunned by landing on their heads. If enough damage is dealt to the Chargin' Chuck, it'll lose its helmet and become more aggressive.

Fighters who get hit by a Chargin' Chuck are sent flying at low angles.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

No.

It should be basically any other side character like Pandora, or some enemy unit. Tho I think we have enough KI AT's.
I think Dark Pit SHOULD be an Assist trophy. He's a clone, he's already pretty likely to get cut from the game, and to add onto that I wouldn't be surprised if he were one and done like Pichu is so far, so what better thing to do than demote him to an Assist Trophy? You know what I'm saying?

Top Bottom