• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Assist Trophies and Pokeballs

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
Out of everyone in the Ninendo franchise who do you want to be added as an assist trophy or what Pokemon do you want to see added?

Personally, for Assist Trophies, I think Sha5h should have
Sheldon from Splatoon, who will sommon many different kinds of blasters, weapons and other stuff like that.
That Cat from Splatoon, who will only appear in one on ones or team battles and will automatically give the win to the team with more stocks.
and maybe a couple others

For Pokemon I want
a bunch of alolan pokemon who do some random stuff and some other pokemon.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I would like to see more third party assist trophies from companies who have characters in the game, even if their franchises aren't represented.

Konami:

Bill Rizer (Contra) -
The main hero of the Contra games, he appears with a Contra "power-up" noise (fully rendered in 3D, not an NES sprite) and runs around the stage shooting at opponents with his Spread Shot. He says "locked and loaded!" when he appears.

Vic Viper (Gradius/Parodius) - The player character of the Gradius series, the Vic Viper is a small grey spaceship that appears with a similar Gradius "power-up" noise. He is accompanied by four "options" (orange pulsating orbs of light that follow him around and mimic his movements), and all of them fly around and chase after enemies with bullets, missiles and ripple lasers.

Sega:

NiGHTS -
A jester-like character who is the main character of the NiGHTS series of games. He flies through the air and attempts to grab opponents, spins them in the air, and sends them flying in a certain direction.

Beat (Jet Set Radio) - A spunky orange-haired teenager on rollerskates. Beat would charge around the stage attempting to rocket boost into opponents or tag them with his spray paint, and characters who get painted become susceptible to more damage.

Capcom:

Street Fighters -
Chun-Li, Guile, Hugo, or Ibuki could come out of an assist trophy and perform their iconic moves on the opponents on the stage. Chun-Li would attempt to perform her lightning kicks or kikosho on opponents, Guile would chuck sonic booms and flash kicks, and Hugo would attempt to grab the opponents for his Gigas Breaker or Megaton Press ultra combos. Ibuki would also be flipping through the air and throwing kunai.

Arthur (Ghouls and Ghosts) - The main character of the Ghouls and Ghosts series. He is a knight in silver armor who uses a throwing lance as his main weapon, and he would run around the stage chucking projectiles at enemies.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'm curious, since Chef Kawasaki was added using Kirby's old Final Smash, if we might see that for other removed Final Smashes.

For example, could we get Slippy or Peppy driving a Land Master?

Anyway, list of Assist Trophies that I'd really like to see:
King Hippo [Punch-Out]
Eggplant Wizard [Kid Icarus]
Bass & Treble [Mega Man]
Black Mage [Final Fantasy]
The Amazon [Pro Wrestling]
Rygar [Rygar]
Vic Viper [Gradius]
Mike Jones [Star Tropics]
Simea [Crystalis]
Sophia 3rd [Blaster Master]
Urban Champions [Urban Champion]