• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW ARCADE in Columbus, Ohio

Just Play Games

Smash Rookie
All,

We are a new arcade here in Columbus, Ohio called Just Play Games located near The Ohio State Campus at 1443 North High St. Columbus, Ohio 43201. We are looking to have a regular day where Smash Bros players can meet to challenge each other and also host tournaments. We are looking for someone in your community to run these events because we are new to this. We welcome all feedback. I can be emailed at DamianJG23@gmail.com. Please let me know what day of the week works best for all and who would be the best contact to gather the Columbus, Ohio group.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
All,

We are a new arcade here in Columbus, Ohio called Just Play Games located near The Ohio State Campus at 1443 North High St. Columbus, Ohio 43201. We are looking to have a regular day where Smash Bros players can meet to challenge each other and also host tournaments. We are looking for someone in your community to run these events because we are new to this. We welcome all feedback. I can be emailed at DamianJG23@gmail.com. Please let me know what day of the week works best for all and who would be the best contact to gather the Columbus, Ohio group.
uh, it wasn't clear (even though you're posting in the Super Smash Bros. 64 section of this website) wether or not you intend to host Super Smash Bros.(FOR NINTENDO 64, the FIRST GAME of the series), Super Smash Bros. Melee(FOR GAMECUBE, the SECOND GAME of the series) or Super Smash Bros. Brawl(the THIRD, MOST POPULAR[to the general public] GAME of the series) or all three or just two of them.

someone in your area can help you more by providing that info.

the only thing i can personally help out with is this IMPORTANT information: use OLD CRT/Tube/NON-LCD/NON-PLASMA/NON-FLAT PANEL Televisions for WHICHEVER game you choose to host if you are even remotely serious about this. the reason is NEW style TV's need to up-scale or process the image(they display digital signal natively and the input signal from N64/Gamecube/Wii is an ANALOG signal) and thus cause VIDEO DELAY(LAG) whereas OLD style TV's typically have no delay and don't need to up-scale or process any image for these systems because they natively display analog signal(NO LAG); thanks.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I went to a tourney in Columbus one time (well, in Dublin)

Don't think we have anyone from Columbus in the community, sadly.

kys

Smash Ace
So does anyone else think it's weird (not necessarily in a bad way) that two different guys with arcadish setups have posted here in the last couple of days?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I havent been keeping tabs on the brawl scene here in a few years, and i cant be of much help since im moving in a month

try posting in Midwest Regional talk area of the site

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212

This is probably the best place to find someone and get the kind of exposure your looking for. Not only for Brawl, but melee and 64 too

the only thing i can personally help out with is this IMPORTANT information: use OLD CRT/Tube/NON-LCD/NON-PLASMA/NON-FLAT PANEL Televisions for WHICHEVER game you choose to host if you are even remotely serious about this. the reason is NEW style TV's need to up-scale or process the image(they display digital signal natively and the input signal from N64/Gamecube/Wii is an ANALOG signal) and thus cause VIDEO DELAY(LAG) whereas OLD style TV's typically have no delay and don't need to up-scale or process any image for these systems because they natively display analog signal(NO LAG); thanks.
also listen to this poster, having set ups for any of Smash series games requires lagless TVs and monitors. Competitive smashers wont come unless you have very specific set ups so check out some of the info this poster mentioned and do research into these TVs/Cables/Set ups. Again someone in the midwest talk section will be able to point you in the direction where you can get these

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
TV lag (HD lag, as I call it) is the worst.. so yes heed the advice from KnitePhox. I've played xbox games (mainly Halo) at friends' places before who had HD/flat TVs and I complain about the lag from it and they think I'm crazy and that there's no difference :rolleyes:
It makes such a huge difference.

kys

Smash Ace
TV lag (HD lag, as I call it) is the worst.. so yes heed the advice from KnitePhox. I've played xbox games (mainly Halo) at friends' places before who had HD/flat TVs and I complain about the lag from it and they think I'm crazy and that there's no difference :rolleyes:
It makes such a huge difference.
My friends always think I'm lying when I say this. Mario Golf is my go-to game to see exactly how bad the lag is. I'll be all like, "See, I hit the button but it takes half a second to register," but they still think I'm screwing with them. It's actually pretty frustrating.

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
I went to a tourney in Columbus one time (well, in Dublin)

Don't think we have anyone from Columbus in the community, sadly.
>.< the one time you came i literally missed you by a couple of hours... the only players i know are me and ty higgins at the moment.

Pink.Kirby

Smash Rookie
Wow I just moved from Columbus too after I graduated from OSU. Would have loved this as I have hosted a number of tournaments before :(

Top Bottom