• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Apex Series Website Launched: Tournament Date Unannounced

News has been released over the famous yet controversial tournament series: Apex. The tournament has launched its new website which contains general information, the new staff of the event, a history of the tournament series, but no official date for the tournament as of now. With the headlines of a "new team", "new approach", and "new ideas", it will be interesting to see how the series pans out in the coming weeks.

The new website is available for viewing here and their official Twitter account has been responding to comments and questions. Have thoughts on the return of Apex? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for future updates.

Comments

First!

Lol at least they realized that something had to change. Let's hope this does the trick and it goes a little smoother this year.

Last edited:
Are Melee fans going to ***** during smash 4 and brawl grand finals again. Seriously guys, I love Melee, but Apex brings out the worst in us.

Are Melee fans going to ***** during smash 4 and brawl grand finals again. Seriously guys, I love Melee, but Apex brings out the worst in us.
Breh, give the guys a chance. Apex didn't bring out the worst in us, it was the poor scheduling that had the cancer of the Melee/PM etc communities doing the only thing they seem to.

Off Response: With Alex Strife metaphorically rotting away from the scene, this is a real breath of fresh air. The name may be the same, but I'm looking forward to something that's NOT APEX as we once knew it to be.

Also: What's with people saying "Melee Fans", "Sm4sh Fans" , "PM Fans" in response to events like the ****-chanting. People like that aren't defined as true fans of something as they are a unproductive-basher of yet-another.

Last edited:
Thank god. When people were hoping that Apex would die completely and that Genesis would replace it, it was super annoying since I would have to travel 5+ hours if I ever wanted to ANY big tournies for the year. Hopefully the new staff does a better job TO'ing.

the logo looks like the ihop logo

also dont go to apex

also delete this from the front page. u shouldnt promote bad tournaments

Breh, give the guys a chance. Apex didn't bring out the worst in us, it was the poor scheduling that had the cancer of the Melee/PM etc communities doing the only thing they seem to.

Off Response: With Alex Strife metaphorically rotting away from the scene, this is a real breath of fresh air. The name may be the same, but I'm looking forward to something that's NOT APEX as we once knew it to be.

Also: What's with people saying "Melee Fans", "Sm4sh Fans" , "PM Fans" in response to events like the ****-chanting. People like that aren't defined as true fans of something as they are a unproductive-basher of yet-another.
No, Apex brings out the worst in us, as in it brings out the toxic part of the fan base. Sure, the Apex TO's are horrible, but that doesn't warrant chanting against a game. There is no such thing as a true fan, but the respectful thing to do is just grin and bear it, and wait your turn.

I honestly feel that most people don't quite understood what happened during that event. Picture yourself as a Melee fan/ player who has to stay at very late hours just because bad schedule delayed your game. We missed historical matches like Lucky vs AmSa and Shroomed vs M2K just because of the horrible planning the event had and the players and spectators obviously got mad at the event. I'm not justifying their actions but as a whole community we must understand and be emphatic with fans of the over games instead of victimizing ourselves in an ignorant fashion. Also a minor nitpick, Melee players didn't **** Brawl Grand Finals, they respected and didn't even pay attention to the minor even just like it will happen with Smash 4 in a couple of years.

Melee players didn't **** Brawl Grand Finals, they respected and didn't even pay attention to the minor event just like it will happen with Smash 4 in a couple of years.
No, you see THIS is the problem. I was fully in agreement until you just had to throw a jab at Smash 4. Sure the scheduling was awful and the Melee fans had every right to be mad but ultimately it was the attitude that was there towards Smash 4, heck that's still towards Smash 4, that's it's okay to belittle it's community and players as a "minor event" because it's not Melee that caused the events at Apex. Until that attitude disappears from our community as a whole the tension will remain.

No, you see THIS is the problem. I was fully in agreement until you just had to throw a jab at Smash 4. Sure the scheduling was awful and the Melee fans had every right to be mad but ultimately it was the attitude that was there towards Smash 4, heck that's still towards Smash 4, that's it's okay to belittle it's community and players as a "minor event" because it's not Melee that caused the events at Apex. Until that attitude disappears from our community as a whole the tension will remain.
I think you misunderstood my point; I tried to say that the Melee community will stop paying attention to Smash 4 just like they did with Brawl, not that it will become a minor event as the years progress.

I think you misunderstood my point; I tried to say that the Melee community will stop paying attention to Smash 4 just like they did with Brawl, not that it will become a minor event as the years progress.
Ah yes, I agree with you there. The whole conflict will pass over as it has before with Melee and Brawl. I still believe that the underlying problem behind the current situation is the attitude that is still allowed to exist that Smash 4 is somehow less then Melee.

Are people still attacking Apex staff and accusing them of "wrongthink"? I thought the liberal sjw dogma thing died out already. Wishful thinking i guess.

Are people still attacking Apex staff and accusing them of "wrongthink"? I thought the liberal sjw dogma thing died out already. Wishful thinking i guess.
I think it was more in reference to the... compressed schedule from last year, but that wasn't their fault. Considering the political leanings of this site, I wouldn't be surprised if Capps was referring to the Alex Strife incident.

Pet peeve: Using the term "wrongthink". If you want to make a 1984 reference, the Newspeak term for an unorthodox opinion is "ungoodthink".

Melee fans do that in every stream for every tournament. Don't blame Apex for it.
That's not Melee fans. That's people. The fact that we play Melee doesn't explain why it happens.

If anything, the main reason most people in streams do it is to irk people who complain about it and cite the wrong reasons. It's like a really open inside joke that makes it extremely easy to complain about stuff we don't like. I bet if you were to ask each and every person individually, especially in person, you would get a much more respectable and reasonable response.

Oh....well I liked your post cuz I thought u were saying smash4 would be a minor soon.

I'm not a huge fan of the new logo...
The white space between P & X is too big and it makes the whole thing look like "Ape X".

I feel the dates need to be worked out accordingly so that attendance doesn't dwindle due to planning around the time Genesis 3 is taking place. If such is the case I suppose I can always aim for APEX 2017.

Top Bottom