• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Age of Fitness- Ring Fit Adventurer Support (New character or Wii Fit Echo?)

New Character or Wii Fit Echo?

• New Character!

Votes: 59 72.8%
  • Wii Fit Echo!

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Semi-Clone!

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Guybrush20X6... You'll make a thread for just about anyone won't you?

Votes: 6 7.4%

• Total voters

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Tbh, the Ring Fit Protag + plus Ring has a lot of attacks that Wii Fit Trainer wouldn't, and any picked up from WFT would utilize Ring still, so it'd be fine. I can totally see RFP having Bayonetta esque smash attacks, with the body part illusions that appear for attacks!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Hey, I just had an idea for a mechanic: Gains.

Like in Ring Fit Adventure, all Ring Fit Warrior’s attacks are split into 4 categories: Arm, Leg, Core and Yoga. The more you use one of those categories, the more Gains you get, which can lead to temporary buffs in your favor.

Attacks with Arm Gains increase your damage, like Hero’s Oomph.
Attacks with Leg Gains increase your mobility, like Hero’s Acceleratle.
Attacks with Core Gains give your attacks super armor similar to Bowser’s Tough Guy or K. Rool’s Belly Armor.
Attacks with Yoga Gains give your attacks the ability to heal Ring Fit Warrior for a portion of a move’s damage.

This can lead Ring Fit Warrior to become a character that can adapt to how someone plays them, and rewards players for sticking to their usual game plan.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey, I just had an idea for a mechanic: Gains.

Like in Ring Fit Adventure, all Ring Fit Warrior’s attacks are split into 4 categories: Arm, Leg, Core and Yoga. The more you use one of those categories, the more Gains you get, which can lead to temporary buffs in your favor.

Attacks with Arm Gains increase your damage, like Hero’s Oomph.
Attacks with Leg Gains increase your mobility, like Hero’s Acceleratle.
Attacks with Core Gains give your attacks super armor similar to Bowser’s Tough Guy or K. Rool’s Belly Armor.
Attacks with Yoga Gains give your attacks the ability to heal Ring Fit Warrior for a portion of a move’s damage.

This can lead Ring Fit Warrior to become a character that can adapt to how someone plays them, and rewards players for sticking to their usual game plan.
I'd love a mechanic like this, somewhat reminds me of Final Fantasy II and it sounds complex enough to be interesting yet simple enough to be seamlessly integrated.

regulus tera

Smash Apprentice
As of today, the biggest Nintendo 2019 releases that haven't had spirits in Smash are Three Houses and Ring Fit Adventure.

Oh yeah time to flex

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well the final pass character is coming on Thursday so let's see what happens. Though I have a feeling if Ring Fit gets in it'll be post pass.

Still, kinda nuts to think Ring Fit is the biggest new IP that's not yet in Smash.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well the final pass character is coming on Thursday so let's see what happens. Though I have a feeling if Ring Fit gets in it'll be post pass.

Still, kinda nuts to think Ring Fit is the biggest new IP that's not yet in Smash.
some may dispute the biggest ip part, but i guess

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
some may dispute the biggest ip part, but i guess
Considering the game kept running out of stock in Japan would probably state otherwise.

It's done pretty exceptionally well for itself.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
*Gingerly steps through the smoldering ashes of the previous firestorm from the announcement*

So 1st Party DLC is a thing and Sakurai confirms he plays games early to get a feel. Now we just need to figure out when Ring Fit was in a playable Beta.

regulus tera

Smash Apprentice
Legit dreading that one night I will go into twitter and see a RFA spirit event announced. The Adventurer is the one first-party character I've supported that I feel has the best chances ever (my previous choices were stuff like Ouendan or Sin & Punishment).

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I have yet to play Ring Fit Adventure (too steep of a price for me right now) but I've have increasingly warmed-up to the idea of them as a character.

From some of the playthroughs I watched so far, they would be very distinctive from Wii Fit trainer, focusing more on the Fitness rings abilities and the spectral attacks that they preform when doing work outs. Also this would definitely be their recovery

Also It would be cool if their alt costumes had diffrent cosmetics kind of like Inklings

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I support Ring Fit Trainer. As it seems the lack of a spirit event is potentially indicative of what future dlc we could see and there was no real reason for Ring Fit Adventure to be skipped out on unless maybe they potentially did so to make room for a playable character. At the same time not only has LM3 had a suspicious lack of a spirit event but Astral Chain has to wait a good 3 or 4 months after release to receive a spirit event but even then we are 4 months after release and there is no sign of an event. Side note I don’t like the name Ring Fit Trainer. The reason Wii Fit Trainer was called that was because in Wii Fit, when you saw Wii Fit Trainer she was actually training you. Ring Fit Adventurer doesn’t really intentionally train you like WFT

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I've been playing the game and it's great. I'm at World 4 right now. Absolutely would love to see the trainer or Dragaux in Smash. Think either would be goofy as hell.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
anyone else picturing a spirit battle with ridley as that buff dragon
Me personally? That kind of physique and bravado kind of fits Bowser more in a way. Yeah, Bowser doesn’t have wings, but I honestly think he fits Dragaux more than Ridley.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Me personally? That kind of physique and bravado kind of fits Bowser more in a way. Yeah, Bowser doesn’t have wings, but I honestly think he fits Dragaux more than Ridley.
I agree Dragaux is a thicc boy and Bowser is also a thicc boy so he probably fits that mold better.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well i havebt played so do excuse my ignorance

I agree Dragaux is a thicc boy and Bowser is also a thicc boy so he probably fits that mold better.
that might the sort of thing to keep to yourself

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Worried a Spirit event will spring out of nowhere but for now praying they get in as a full character. I only worry that its too new of a franchise in general (FE devs keep close contact with Sakurai) but hopefully he saw the appeal in adding this wackier character to the fighters pass 2.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Worried a Spirit event will spring out of nowhere but for now praying they get in as a full character. I only worry that its too new of a franchise in general (FE devs keep close contact with Sakurai) but hopefully he saw the appeal in adding this wackier character to the fighters pass 2.
Personal take, but I really hope the second pass has a more "casual appeal".

It's really difficult to get anyone who doesn't play games almost daily to try out Ultimate, because they immediately look at the amount of people who have swords or are not easily recognizable by looks alone. Maybe I'm being unreasonable...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait is this like a joke movement or something?
No joke.
This is the series where Wii Fit Trainer was the third character announced at E3 2014. Sky's the limit.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
The DLC was probably picked in November due to Sakurai saying the dlc lineup is now complete in the Byleth Presentation which was recorded in November so it would have been out by then. Really it depends if Nintendo or Sakurai would prioritise it which I think there is a good chance of them doing

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Guys... we lost the war.

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Well its like they always say

if you're not from Fire Emblem then don't expect them to not spirit board you.

zferolie

Smash Hero
shame shes been spirited, and this is the only way I feel spirits deconfirm. Still i am happy she got some reconition!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This is sad. Here's hoping the game turns into the franchise and we can get back to hoping for a character come Smash 6.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, they gotta give the fools who end up with the next Smash game (be it a new bunch or Sakurai's future self) something to work with.

Still, glad it got referenced at all, was worried it would be passed over as it wasn't a core gamer title. (announced outside directs)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The battles themselves are clever/funny, and the art of Ring with the Smash Ball logo looks awesome.

More than satisfied that they got any sort of representation now than having to wait for the potential next game. Just wish they'd include a few music tracks with these events, but it is what it is.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
A shame, really. I would've loved Ring Fit Warrior to be in Smash.

Oh, well. At least we do have something Ring Fit-related in Smash.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Here's a fun fact: the Spirit for the protagonists is called "Ring Fit Trainees". You don't supposed that's what they'd be called in Smash, do you?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Here's a fun fact: the Spirit for the protagonists is called "Ring Fit Trainees". You don't supposed that's what they'd be called in Smash, do you?
could be, though bare in mind villager's trophy in brawl was called animal crossing boy

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Guys... we lost the war.

A pity. Thread theme?

Top Bottom