• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Age of Fitness- Ring Fit Adventurer Support (New character or Wii Fit Echo?)

New Character or Wii Fit Echo?

• New Character!

Votes: 59 72.8%
  • Wii Fit Echo!

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Semi-Clone!

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Guybrush20X6... You'll make a thread for just about anyone won't you?

Votes: 6 7.4%

• Total voters

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully that means that we get a sucessor in the foreseeable future. With more enemies (bosses) and a big land to explore. Not that the maps werent good, but after some time with the game I actually wished I had more control to where I am going and for how long.

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
In fairness, Ring Fit had slightly less games than Wii Fit anyway, so apparently that's not much history enough to qualify.
But then we get ARMS despite not the Spirit Event. Who knows what'll happen? Min Min's looking likely, so Ring Fit Adventurer can still happen, but we'll see! If not in this game, she's someone I really want to see in Smash 6, haha. By then, a sequel will have likely happened, too.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Just came back to say Min Min just opened the goddamn floodgates here!

Ring Fit Trainee is back in the running, baby!

Minik

Smash Journeyman
I still worry for it being so recent, Min Min was a base game one afterall. I would probably expect them for a possible fighters pass 3 if that somehow happens but I can hope for it still!

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
The Ring Fit Adventurer is one of my most wanted reps for Smash, she has so much moveset potential and also the RFA music would fit perfectly for Smash. Apart from Smash, Ring Fit Adventure is my most played Nintendo Switch game, I still play it almost daily. Too sad she recently got deconfirmed :/

GolisoPower

Smash Master
The Ring Fit Adventurer is one of my most wanted reps for Smash, she has so much moveset potential and also the RFA music would fit perfectly for Smash. Apart from Smash, Ring Fit Adventure is my most played Nintendo Switch game, I still play it almost daily. Too sad she recently got deconfirmed :/
You mean with the Spirit Board? Yeah, a certain noodle-armed kung-fu mistress kinda dealt with that already, so don't worry. :)

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
You mean with the Spirit Board? Yeah, a certain noodle-armed kung-fu mistress kinda dealt with that already, so don't worry. :)
I wish you were right, however the Ring Fit Spirit Board was announced less than half a year ago when the last DLC fighters were already long logged in... that's the big difference to the Arms spirits. If the Ring Fit Adventurer was planned as a fighter, Nintendo wouldn't have included the RFA spirits just recently :/

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ring fit is rough but having played it know id like to see the adventurer even more although the ring going on about my shiny sweat is creepy

and lets get tipp in smash as well most handsome faceless person ive ever seen

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ring Fit Adventure is an absolute workout. I finally got a copy and it's great.

Neat, but why China of all places? You'd think the announcement would be important everywhere else or even just in Japan, wouldn't it? 🤔
Pretty sure its for a Chinese release.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Neat, but why China of all places? You'd think the announcement would be important everywhere else or even just in Japan, wouldn't it? 🤔
Well considering it'll be China's 3rd official Switch game and the first non-Mario one at that, they'll need to the extra push.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On a first-party-related note, it took the board update for us to finally get a :ultbylethf: icon. I guess that tardiness/biasing wasn't tolerated at that point.

Well considering it'll be China's 3rd official Switch game and the first non-Mario one at that, they'll need to the extra push.
That does make sense. Guess we gotta consider ourselves lucky that gaming consoles usually never literally have no games.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I finished the story mode back in October, but I still play the postgame a few times a week. If it weren't for the RPG mechanics, I doubt i would have ever played it more than a month, unfortunately.

casual_C

Smash Rookie
I think they should be called Ring Fit Duo or something like that. Ring deserves credit and should be included in the name, since ring would be doing at least as much work as Luma, the duck, or Kazooie. It'd be cool if besides male or female trainee, you could pick male or female Ring voice.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think they should be called Ring Fit Duo or something like that. Ring deserves credit and should be included in the name, since ring would be doing at least as much work as Luma, the duck, or Kazooie. It'd be cool if besides male or female trainee, you could pick male or female Ring voice.
to be fair we're all pretty convinced "ring" will be part of the name

casual_C

Smash Rookie
to be fair we're all pretty convinced "ring" will be part of the name
Yeah, but there's a difference between "ring" and "Ring". If the name is "Ring fit trainee", then we're only talking about the one person, and Ring will be like RFT's property. Rft caused this whole problem in the first place. Honestly, Ring deserves more credit than RFT.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, but there's a difference between "ring" and "Ring". If the name is "Ring fit trainee", then we're only talking about the one person, and Ring will be like RFT's property. Rft caused this whole problem in the first place. Honestly, Ring deserves more credit than RFT.
trainee and ring?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think Ring Fit Duo sounds better and would give them both credit. They're a team. They're partners.
sure it sounds better but how does trainee and ring not credit both of them? its just like rosalina and luma surely

casual_C

Smash Rookie
Yeah, that would work. I'm not saying the name Trainee and Ring doesn't give them both credit. I was just mentioning my preference for the name Ring Fit Duo over Trainee and Ring. Of course there are many other working names that could mention both of them. They could also call them Ring and Trainee, Ring Fit Partners, etc.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, that would work. I'm not saying the name Trainee and Ring doesn't give them both credit. I was just mentioning my preference for the name Ring Fit Duo over Trainee and Ring. Of course there are many other working names that could mention both of them. They could also call them Ring and Trainee, Ring Fit Partners, etc.
I like ring fit partners

casual_C

Smash Rookie
I like ring fit partners
Honestly, I'm ok with any name. As long as they get in, I'm happy. I just thought I'd mention that I think of them as 'they' not 'a girl or guy with a ring weapon'. The right name could let Smash players who didn't play RFA know that Ring is sentient and an active participant working with the trainee, unlike Link and his Master Sword for example.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I'm ok with any name. As long as they get in, I'm happy. I just thought I'd mention that I think of them as 'they' not 'a girl or guy with a ring weapon'. The right name could let Smash players who didn't play RFA know that Ring is sentient and an active participant working with the trainee, unlike Link and his Master Sword for example.
the master sword isnt sentient. it originally housed a sentient spirit but not the sword itself

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
I Have a Few Questions about Ring Fit Trainee in Smash:
1. What Would their Alternate Color Schemes look like(If It's like the Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Inkling, Robin, Corrin & Byleth or any of the characters who have both female & Male Varients; It'd be 4 For the Male Ring Fit Trainee & 4 for the female Ring Fit Trainee)
2. What Would their Primary Gameplay mechanic Be?
3. What would their Moveset be?
4. What would be their Final Smash?
5. What Mii Fighter Costumes would be included with Ring Fit Trainee
6. What would their Spirit Board look like(aside from having Dragaux on it, who's already in the game as a spirit)
7. What would their Ring Fit Adventure Stage be?
8. What Music would be included with their Stage
9. What Would their Classic Mode be like; the Name; the Characters you fight against; and Who's going to Represent Dragaux as the Final Boss?
10. Would Ring show up as a taunt akin to Morgana being relegated to Joker's Taunts?

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I Have a Few Questions about Ring Fit Trainee in Smash:
1. What Would their Alternate Color Schemes look like(If It's like the Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Inkling, Robin, Corrin & Byleth or any of the characters who have both female & Male Varients; It'd be 4 For the Male Ring Fit Trainee & 4 for the female Ring Fit Trainee)
2. What Would their Primary Gameplay mechanic Be?
3. What would their Moveset be?
4. What would be their Final Smash?
5. What Mii Fighter Costumes would be included with Ring Fit Trainee
6. What would their Spirit Board look like(aside from having Dragaux on it, who's already in the game as a spirit)
7. What would their Ring Fit Adventure Stage be?
8. What Music would be included with their Stage
9. What Would their Classic Mode be like; the Name; the Characters you fight against; and Who's going to Represent Dragaux as the Final Boss?
10. Would Ring show up as a taunt akin to Morgana being relegated to Joker's Taunts?
I made an entire moveset for the character a while back.

A Ring Fit Trainee fighter concept for you all.

Buttt...
1. What Would their Alternate Color Schemes look like(If It's like the Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Inkling, Robin, Corrin & Byleth or any of the characters who have both female & Male Varients; It'd be 4 For the Male Ring Fit Trainee & 4 for the female Ring Fit Trainee): RFA features all sorts of alternate costumes for the trainee to wear otherwise simple recolors work.
2. What Would their Primary Gameplay mechanic Be? Gains and proper form. RFA is a game about attacking enemies with proper form to capitalize damage all the while they are activily getting gains to become stronger as the match goes. This is meant to mimic fitness.
3. What would their Moveset be? See above
4. What would be their Final Smash? See above
5. What Mii Fighter Costumes would be included with Ring Fit Trainee: The 4 masters. maybe some hats based off the monsters
6. What would their Spirit Board look like(aside from having Dragaux on it, who's already in the game as a spirit) Monsters, the 4 masters, etc
7. What would their Ring Fit Adventure Stage be? Dragaux Stadium
8. What Music would be included with their Stage? Main battle theme, minigame themes, Dragaux's theme, the 4 master's theme, the final boss theme, the themes for the different levels. Just look up RFA's OST on youtube there are some unironic bops in there.
9. What Would their Classic Mode be like; the Name; the Characters you fight against; and Who's going to Represent Dragaux as the Final Boss? I would like a classic route about beating some of the less than healthy Smash characters into shape. Bowser/Giga Bowser make for a good substitute of Dragaux/Dark Dragaux.
10. Would Ring show up as a taunt akin to Morgana being relegated to Joker's Taunts? Yes

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well there's a 40 minute Nintendo Direct tomorrow and chances are good that it's gonna have something pertaining to the final DLC pass.

It'll be very strange to see Smash Speculation come to an end but we had a good trip and maybe in doing these threads, got someone to look into a character they might have previously passed over.

That spirit event made me wary but there's every chance that they could end up as the last character so let's race across the finishing line together.

Top Bottom