• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW 20XX-advanced Ike stuff

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
I'll look over the next few days to find/link them. No problem!

Wandering_Ico

Smash Rookie
When doing QD from the ledge, I keep hovering above the stage a bit which in turn doesn't allow me to jump from the ground. I tend to find delaying QD after the jump to work, but I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong in order to get the maximum amount of i-frames for this. Reverse momentum QD is a pain to do, so I'd like to avoid doing that (unless it's the only way to do it to get more i-frames).

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
When doing QD from the ledge, I keep hovering above the stage a bit which in turn doesn't allow me to jump from the ground. I tend to find delaying QD after the jump to work, but I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong in order to get the maximum amount of i-frames for this. Reverse momentum QD is a pain to do, so I'd like to avoid doing that (unless it's the only way to do it to get more i-frames).
You have to drop from the ledge (press down), then immediately jump and use QD as soon as possible after the jump. If done correctly you'll get invincibility frames and stay on the ground. Hope that helps.

Is this still possible in 3.6? I can confirm for you tomorrow.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
You have to drop from the ledge (press down), then immediately jump and use QD as soon as possible after the jump. If done correctly you'll get invincibility frames and stay on the ground. Hope that helps.

Is this still possible in 3.6? I can confirm for you tomorrow.
ya .

AfroQT

Smash Master
Lately i've been having a hard time not showing sympathy to my opponents, how can i solve this problem?

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
You really just need to be less sympathetic. Crush your opponents. Make sure you use your down taunt to spike vertical recoveries. Land Ike's instant kill with Quickdraw. Be extremely disrespectful. And most importantly fight for your friends. Don't give your opponents any sympathy. Be ruthless in your approach and you should be fine.

Last edited:

Wandering_Ico

Smash Rookie
It's still possible. Although, I find tapping down for the drop the easiest for doing this since tapping away from the stage doesn't drop you low enough for the QD jc to work (unless you do the reverse momentum QD as explained in the OP...). Best way to practice this is to go in training mode. Experiment with the different ranges you can pull off jc grabs, aerials, or even just QD. After you think your execution is good enough, I'd say work it into your mix ups in your matches.

Last edited:

BushidoBoyd

Smash Rookie
So... Did this question ever get answered? Is this still possible in 3.6? If so, what's the best way to practice hard tech like this?
Yes it's possible i do it all the time with Ike in tech training and real matches in 3.6

Quaza

Smash Cadet
Maybe off topic but can anyone tell me how many I-frames Ike can get when he wavelands on? I'm mostly wondering if a grab or jab can be done safely.

Top Bottom