• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Nevermore 2018 ($50 Pot Bonus)

Nevermore 2018 ($50 Pot Bonus)
Posted by Justinian
Raven's Nest Games
Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 12:00 PM
Until: Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
This is Nevermore, Georgia's Smash 4 and Rivals of Aether regional tournament to ignite competition this summer, brought to you by a couple of GA's finest TOs. Much of our top talent in both games will be coming out to compete! Food, drinks and snacks will be available for purchase at the venue or at a few surrounding establishments.

12:15pm - Doors Open
1pm - Smash 4 Doubles
2pm - Rivals of Aether Doubles
3:30pm - Smash 4 Singles
4:30pm - Rivals of Aether Singles
8pm - Side Events

PREREGISTRATION: https://smash.gg/tournament/nevermore-2018

Not required at all, but makes things easier on us the day of, so please prereg if you plan to come through! You can register at the door, but no signups will be taken after 5 minutes before the slated start time of an event. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you register online, BE SURE TO CHECK IN WITH ME IN-PERSON, SO I CAN MARK YOUR FEES AS PAID. YOU WON'T GO IN BRACKET OTHERWISE.

A dedicated setup for other fighting games including Dragon Ball FighterZ will be provided. THE FIRST 8 TO BRING A FULL SETUP (console, adapter, and Sm4sh disc, AND MONITOR) WILL GET THEIR VENUE FEE WAIVED AND GET FREE PIZZA. The first three setups full setups for Rivals (laptop with Rivals installed and adapter) will have their venue fee waived and get free pizza.

$7 venue fee
$5 entry fee for each Smash 4 and Rivals event
Food and snacks sold separately

Payout Structures:

<48 entrants: Top 3 60 / 30 / 10
48-88 entrants: Top 4 55 / 27 / 13 / 5
89-128 entrants: Top 6 48 / 24 / 12 / 8 / 4 / 4

Hard cap of 128 entrants.

RULES:

General
2 Stock / 3 for doubles and Rivals
6 Minute / 8 for doubles and Rivals
Double Elimination

All sets will be Bo3, except Winners' Finals, Losers' Semis, Losers' Finals, and Grand Finals, which will be Bo5. If there are between 48 and 88 entrants, all of top 6 will be Bo5. If there are between 88 and 128 entrants, all of top 8 will be Bo5.

Miis are allowed all their special moves and standard sizes (guest Miis only).

Sudden death will not be played. If a timeout occurs, the winner is the player with the most stocks, followed by lowest percent. In the event of a complete tie, a one stock, three minute match will be played to determine the results of the game. In the event of a simultaneous last-stock KO, the initiator wins.

Stages:
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Town & City
Lylat Cruise
Dreamland (Counterpick)
Omega Stages (Counterpick)

Standard 1-2-1 striking process, winner of a game gets one ban. If Final Destination is banned, so are Omegas. If Battlefield is banned, so is Dreamland. Players cannot select the last stage they won on, and players can gentleman to wherever they like.

Last edited:

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
Notable Confirms:

Rango (SC, :4myfriends:)
Ave~ (GA, :4mario:)
Mr. Speedman (GA, :4sonic:)
Stache (GA, :4cloud:)
Bill_ (MD, :4cloud:)
Sonido (GA, :4sonic:)
CC (GA, :4sonic:)
Rosagetsfit (GA, :4bayonetta:)
Wrath (GA, :4sonic:)
Danye (GA, :4diddy:)

Last edited:

NinjaGaming101YT

Smash Rookie
Hey, this is the first Smash Bros tournament I've gone to, and I'm trying to register as of right now. For the doubles for Smash Bros, how do I join a team? And when I search all the teams on there, are they only the ones that are going and that are open, or is it, like, literally every team? Sorry if this is a dumb question

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
Hey, this is the first Smash Bros tournament I've gone to, and I'm trying to register as of right now. For the doubles for Smash Bros, how do I join a team? And when I search all the teams on there, are they only the ones that are going and that are open, or is it, like, literally every team? Sorry if this is a dumb question
This is a gonna be easier to explain in person, heh. You can register at the door tomorrow and I'll talk you through it then!

Last edited:

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
Could you please let me know which controllers are allowed? I have a partner that can't play GameCube :c
All controllers except GamePad are legal, as long as you take the batteries out or make super sure you desync after every match.

NinjaGaming101YT

Smash Rookie
Also are we allowed to change the controls for our controller we bring or do we have to do the default?

Top Bottom