• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Never Forget: Smash or Die! Turrican Support Thread

smash puffle

Smash Ace
645702244bf493f4b13d71b9d73a9847.jpg

Who is Turrican?
Turrican is an old-school series of shoot-em-up platforming games starring the titular Turrican, originally released on the Commodore 64 in 1990, and later on many other platforms, like the Game Boy, and many home computers like the Amiga, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC and Atari ST.
The first game would prove to be a big success, spawning sequels including games for the SNES and Mega Drive/Genesis.
The series is bondly remembered by many people who played it, specially by British and European players. From the gameplay to its high quality soundtrack, it's surely one of the best and most memorable series on home computers in the 90s.

How would he work in Smash?
Of all the old home computer characters I could think of, Turrican (or also known as Bren McGuire to some people) is the character I think has the most potential for a cool moveset. He has decades long worth of legacy to back him up.
There's of course bombs and grenades, but we also have a spiky morph ball like ability, gliding, a shooting line laser, a surround flash attack, a 3 weapon system that lets him change between 3 different weapon types, and a shield among other super-powered metalic dude type of powers.

What do you think? Would you mind seeing an old home computer rep like Turrican in Smash Bros?
If you like the idea, you can be added to the support list:
Supporters:
smash puffle (me)
Lisbon Mapping
Gaming-101

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Gaming-101

Smash Rookie
Anyone who personally knows me, knows that I support any character in Smash. So definitely put me on that Supporters List!

Last edited:
Top Bottom