• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neutral game is terrible

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
From troubleshooting my matches and advice from other players I have come to a conclusion: my neutral game is a**. I am really comfortable around the ledge and have an idea on the punish game except against Fox and ICs. However, I stand no chance against other people head on for things like stage control and trying to get hits in. My spacing has improved and I am testing my movement fluidity but I don't know how to touch on that part of my gameplay.

How do I improve my neutral game? Do I just need to learn the matchup even more? Can I practice against a level 1 CPU for a while?

Last edited:

OldmanKarp

Smash Cadet
^ Pretty much this. You can read matchup guides for a general idea on what to watch out for, but knowing the right space to avoid all your opponents best options and responding to them is intuitive; it's something you pick up from experience.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
You want to catch jumps out of shield with bairs, falling cross up nairs and late up airs. The rest is spacing bairs and edge canceling in platforms.

Top Bottom