• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
luuuuuuuuuurrrrk...
btw, how do you do that glitch anyway?
Two ways to do it:

1. Hold the stick in a running direction, then start to relax your thumb so that the analog stick is beginning to go back to neutral position. If you get it exactly right, you'll notice somewhere there your character will start running a little slower. As soon as he/she is, they won't fall off the stage. Do it too much and you stop. Do it just right and you're fine.

2. The same effect can be achieved by having the analog stick slightly downwards. Do it too much and you crouch. Do it just right and you're good. ^_^

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I get it by tapping forward for an initial dash and letting it back to like 2/3 pushed that direction. I find the infinite run glitch funny on the SV platform because you sorta move forward and backward.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I get it by tapping forward for an initial dash and letting it back to like 2/3 pushed that direction. I find the infinite run glitch funny on the SV platform because you sorta move forward and backward.
Yea that's what I mean by the first option.

Haven't tried it on SV's platform, I should at some point. :p

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
You and your exploitation of glitches. I find this highly unacceptable. -10 in respect for all of you :p
Is this going to be only useful for Ness?

Tikao

Smash Ace
yeah, being home now ... so i can start to brawl again ... my ness will be very bad by now, so i need some training ... and tipps vs rob, i realy hate this MU, it's not that bad, but it's sooooo anoying

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You and your exploitation of glitches. I find this highly unacceptable. -10 in respect for all of you :p
Is this going to be only useful for Ness?
It's not useful for anyone lol ;)

All it would allow you to do is dash attacks starting on the ledge which isn't actually as great as it sounds seeing as you only get a minimally worse effect is you dash attack when coming up to the ledge normally. And it makes you super vulnerable anyway.

It just looks cool. :p

@Tikao: Yea I used to hate this MU so much. I hope you're not versing too many ROBs online because that will just make you cry (:p) for no real reason. When properly versing ROB, he's a lot easier to predict and to react to. He's also a heck of a lot easier to space against. The key in this MU is spacing and playing safe because ROB is still really good up close, the only difference offline that helps you being that he's actually punishable now.

So basically, space, punish, murder him offstage. I also suggest keeping aerial for approaches but that's just something I tend to do.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
It's not really useful. I found you could do a little initial dash thingy like with how you would fox trot and extend the range of it when you're slowing down to a stop. You flick the control stick to start a dash and when it's reset to center, tilt it forward ever so slightly so you don't continue a dash. You won't do a skid.
The extended distance is so small, but being able to do a dash-grab when you've essentially stopped can be a tiny mind-game, since Ness' dash grab lunges him forward.

So yeah, it's useless. xP I only just found out it was old.

You should all learn to platform cancel. It's so fun on SV to do a double-drop-through BAir. xD

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
It's not really useful. I found you could do a little initial dash thingy like with how you would fox trot and extend the range of it when you're slowing down to a stop. You flick the control stick to start a dash and when it's reset to center, tilt it forward ever so slightly so you don't continue a dash. You won't do a skid.
The extended distance is so small, but being able to do a dash-grab when you've essentially stopped can be a tiny mind-game, since Ness' dash grab lunges him forward.

So yeah, it's useless. xP I only just found out it was old.

You should all learn to platform cancel. It's so fun on SV to do a double-drop-through BAir. xD
Yea, I do this with his dash attack.

And I platform cancel all the time. =D

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Nah, I just meant that someone we don't know may use it in a unique way for something. There's always a possibility. But if you say so.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I honestly think there's nothing that can break ness or make him better other than a very precise player. We've found everything really that can be done with him (PK jump and its crazy stuff, PKT shenanigans to make sure it always/very frequently hits, yoyo and reverse hyphen Usmash, dtilt tripping, Timing DAir to make sure you cancel the lag on landing, PSIMAG SWAG! Dash-attack length stuff...)

Also, this game sorta died a while back. There's no active community in IL anymore. :'(

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@Those w/o communities, start them up yourselves, thats what I basically had to do around here, and now 3 years later, we average like, 30 people a tournament.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
When Smash 4 comes out, scene will begin to flourish, but starting one from scratch right as the boom comes is hard to do, youll want to have something, even if its small, beforehand, so if you want a scene, starting to build it by the end of the year would be the best time.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
@Those w/o communities, start them up yourselves, thats what I basically had to do around here, and now 3 years later, we average like, 30 people a tournament.
This actually sounds like a good idea. Where do you look to get venues for tourneys? I've always wondered how people get places to host.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
A few problems:
1) there's only like five smashers in SC, and the only good one is ESAM.
2) we're like seriously scattered IIRC
3) I don't know if all of us play Brawl soooo...
Yeah, still gonna have to deal with a 2 hour car ride to go to tourneys :/

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
This actually sounds like a good idea. Where do you look to get venues for tourneys? I've always wondered how people get places to host.
The best places that Ive found are, if you ask to rent out the party rooms or whatever at apartment complexes, living communities, or condominiums (you know, the places that are community living areas with a pool for people around there and such, they usually also have a rentable party room which are usually quite cheep, especially if you know someone who lives in the area) or places like an all you can eat/pizza place or such with a room for birthdays or something, they usually cost more, but you can usually break a deal with the owner to get a huge discount on food for people as well which can double as one. Another big place are card game shops or internet cafes, while they usually have events for various games themselves, they can usually find open dates, refer you to other places that will work, and are in my experience the VERY EASIEST to cooperate with since they are used to have similar people around and hosting events. If you want ideas on places as well, try and find local anime conventions or something similar and figure out who hosts them, then ask them if they know of any venues for smaller events or such where you can rent out something, a lot of the times they even know of places that are free to rent out. There are a lot of other ways as well, but those are some good places to start.

Susi

Smash Apprentice
So there is some damn weird stuff on the ledge. Some characters get their jumps back and stuff.

A while a go I was able to change Ness' PKT direction by passing taken ledge. I didnt hit the wall or stage, just passed the ledge. Ness went straight up first and then to the side on the stage so my opponent couldnt punish my landing... Interesting.

Also the footstool psimag guarantees jab lock on airborne opponents. If we just could make an infinite out of it...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
A while a go I was able to change Ness' PKT direction by passing taken ledge. I didnt hit the wall or stage, just passed the ledge. Ness went straight up first and then to the side on the stage so my opponent couldnt punish my landing... Interesting.
I ACTUALLY HAVE SEEN THIS BEFORE AND I CAN TELL YOU WHY IT HAPPENS!!!

Basically, if your Up B collides with the ledge at the VERY tip of it, you'll bounce off the ledge, but on the very tip of the ledge the game thinks you hit the TOP of the ledge due to how the ledge works in the game, so it'll make you instantly bounce onto the ground causing a bit of a slide and canceling all of your lag. Almost impossible to do on command, but if done correctly its unpunishable outside of your opponent perfect timing ledge drop > long range attack (like Marth seeing it coming and on reaction ledge dropping the frame you land and fairing), so basically its pretty impossible to punish with human reaction time.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I ACTUALLY HAVE SEEN THIS BEFORE AND I CAN TELL YOU WHY IT HAPPENS!!!

Basically, if your Up B collides with the ledge at the VERY tip of it, you'll bounce off the ledge, but on the very tip of the ledge the game thinks you hit the TOP of the ledge due to how the ledge works in the game, so it'll make you instantly bounce onto the ground causing a bit of a slide and canceling all of your lag. Almost impossible to do on command, but if done correctly its unpunishable outside of your opponent perfect timing ledge drop > long range attack (like Marth seeing it coming and on reaction ledge dropping the frame you land and fairing), so basically its pretty impossible to punish with human reaction time.
^^Think Yoshi's downB applied to this. Yoshi downB slides quite a bit once he hits the ground while almost all other "slams" move a very VERY small amount left or right (with ness, the upB direction, but the angle to make him slam into the ground and become grounded is small enough for that left/right movement to be pretty freaking tiny). On stages like yoshi's island and delfino where there are platforms with slants, yoshi can easily downB near the edge of the downward slant and slide off to cancel it because that slide distance is so big (most good yoshi's can incorporate this without thinking). Ness is a different story; it's so small of a slide that you need to be incredibly precise. Because of height limitations, the angle, the short distance and travel time the hitbox of pkt2, the effort put toward setting it up in a real match isn't practical, even if you do master it.

(I tried for a good 3-4 hours straight back when I was super-active trying to see if there were any tricks to setting it up, but it's just so difficult)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Basically, Ness Up B's into the ledge, then instantly just appears onstage with a slight slide and almost no lag. SUPER hard to do due to how stupidly precise you would have to aim up b, but if done right its really helpful. Pretty much a TAS only thing that will happen every once in a while for you if youre lucky.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I know Ness and Lucas do what I like to call the 'V', which might be somewhat similar.

Obviously as all of us know, Lucas and Ness suffer from the stupidity of sometimes bouncing straight off the ledge after PKT2-ing straight into it because of where we hit the ledge.

However there are instances where you do the V. I'm sure you've all had it before. You hit the ledge, then your PKT2 just changes direction as if you were a ball on a pool table that had hit the sides. You go out at the angle that you came in USUALLY (science: angle of reflection = angle of incidence or whatever the terms are) and sometimes you go weird ways like curve around the ledge and such.

So for instance, i've been above the stage (offstage) diagonally with lucas, used PKT to hit him down into the ledge, then V-ed and kept on with my PKT going diagonally above the stage, now onstage.

EDIT: Can't seem to make an actual picture with text on this!! XD

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
^I tried doing that a lot back when I played smash more regularly. You can force yourself to not auto-grab a ledge by holding down on your control stick, so you do that instead to make sure you do the V bounce. The problem is that you need to make sure you angle high enough so you don't just kill yourself by bouncing back and plopping to death.

Top Bottom