• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I wish Earthbound could be on VC :p And I cannot do a PK Jump lol. I really, really, hope my parents will let me go to a tourney, even if I'll lose from lack of experience, but hey, how else can I get experience XD (Not over Wi-fail LOL)

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Good luck o: and yeah, I wish they did too

Earthbound Zero was gonna be released on the US, they had it translated in all but Nintendo didn't have the money back then to publish it here, didn't wanna lose a lot incase it failed.

> Translated, finished, perfected
> Just never made.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Next smash, Mario needs rocket flood for recovery.

Also, do you guys think Magnet pulling and zap jumping are glitched?

If they patch those Lucas will have limited recoveries and he gets ***** off stage imo without those :(

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Lucas isn't realy pushing it, seeing as he was supposed to be in Melee, replacing Ness (hence why PK Flash is Green, which is Lucas' PK Flash). Coincidentally, Snake was considered as well.
No, lol. Lucas was most certainly pushing it for BRAWL. Fans didn't kick and scream when Lucas wasn't in Melee, they were happy Ness wasn't replaced. Despite Japan giving America and everyone else the finger for MOTHER 3, I suppose you could call it a "sorry we pissed you off so much" thing, so Lucas was put in.

@Earthbound Virtual Console thing: It's actually listed as being a Virtual Console game if you go to ESRB's website iirc. It's just not released, but they bought the rights again and rated it, I guess.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well, considering as far as canon is concerned Lucas didn't exist when Melee came out - since M64 was cancelled - there really wouldn't be kicking and screaming expected at all.

Also VC EB is a really, really big long shot, due to the huge amount of legal issues involved in such a thing. Mostly music rights.

Shaky

Smash Ace
We're the only ones using PK jump eagle, duh.
But good to see you again I guess, and since when am I your favourite ness main D: ?
Ever since I stopped playing duh, I was his original favorite Ness main ;)

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Yeah... It's true. Shaky abandoned me, so I started focusing my attention on you, Barto.
/jokes
I keep calling you Barto because typing out s1-14 is a pain and LON is an extra 3 letters.

SHAKY!!!! I AM NOW ABLE TO SEE YOUR VIDS B/C MY INTERNET ISN'T DUMB!!! (although the wifi doesn't work anymore, so I need to go in and get that checked) brb, watching.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hey Eagle, y u forget me? :(
You're not the only one. :(

In any case, I'm around, but I secondary Ness in Brawl. I main him in both melee (for the short amount of time i've played ((DON'T RAGE ON ME!!!!)) I've mainly used him) and in 64, so him and Lucas share my attention A LOT.

Also, with Ivysaur, I kind of have to agree, i've always thought of Ivysaur as a MALE, and this is for several reasons:

1. He is def male in the anime.
2. He is def male in Brawl (you're right.... just listen to him, the day I hear a girl sound like that ((no offence by stereotyping, just sayin')) I will shout my head off that you are right.

AT THE SAME TIME, since pokemon has introduced genders, then he can actually be female and whatever, it's just in BRAWL I believe he was a he. :)

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
DANGIT! WHY DO I EVEN MENTION NAMES ANYMORE! I ALWAYS FORGET SOMEONE! :'(

I'm sorry, Luco.... I know you for more of a Lucas main, but still second'ing Ness is good.

@Shaky's post w/ that Japanese player, I actually looked at that and learned 2 things:

1.) you can roll/jump out of PSImag from absorbing and then landing (given you are only a small height from the ground)
2.) This guy is awesome in his use of Jabs.

Earlier last year, I looked at Ness' Jab and noticed that it set up an opponent perfectly to be grabbed by a dashgrab, given no SDI, and that if you time things right, you can do some crazy mind-games. I didn't really do anything with this b/c a.) college and b.) I sorta quit brawl after a while. The way he times everything just makes it un-punishable. The only problem I see is that he doesn't use PK Jump with perfect spacing and that he buffers a bunch of stuff randomly. Other than that, smart and good player.

NOW ON TO SHAKY!

EDIT:

Okay, now for my comments....

The first game shouldn't have ended the way it did. NickRiddle could've easily just dropped onto you and eaten the thunder. I liked how you avoided the DSmash for the most part. AND YOUR DI IS INSANE! You lived at 150 from a sweetspot UAIR from ZSS....

Second game, LOVE THE PKT2 SETUP!!!! I never get up to the top platform, but it's honestly the only way to pull those off. How do you manage to take your games up there? Also, great job at the forced edgehog on 2nd stock
Now for some critique.
At one point in time, you rolled behind him and he had his shield up. It's almost always a good idea to dtilt from this situation. The reason for this is that you can shield-poke VERY frequently. The only problem is "can the opponent react?" That's what you need to ask whenever you use Jab or Dtilt on an opponent you can hit them, but oftentimes they have a really fast move which can cover any followups you might have, in this case ZSS's jab. Because of that 1 move, only use dtilt if you can spot the trip OR if you know they won't be quick enough to react. Since dtilt is too tricky, Jab on the back of shield is alright. Jab sets up for a dashgrab and if your opponent suspects this, you can fake and just SH DAir. Just a bunch of odd mind-games occur when you're behind someone's shield.
When you died to the UAir for your second stock, I saw you were starting to DAir. On a character that has huge UAir range, don't DAir them from above unless you know 100% that you will hit the DAir (either trade hits or just hit over them). Probably a mistake, but oh well.
okay, @6:30, right after you hit with FAir, and land on the ground, ZSS starts falling directly in front of you. That's a free grab, and a free grab is at least 1% from pummel and 11% from UThrow or FThrow. Also, if the ZSS were to do something OoS that could counter the first NAir, you would have taken damage from the situation. You did get some damage off, but just for future reference.
You were baited into the DSmash to initiate the crazy combo of reads that NickRiddle had on you. To avoid that, you could have gotten closer to his back and UAir'd or BAir'd from there.

More later

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ivy is a girl because the people who made the game said she is.

If you think otherwise, that would be like God pointing to a Flower and telling you 'That is a flower' and you continue to believe it is Ice Cream.

baconator25

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself to the Ness boards. I've been lurking for several months and felt it's finally time I started communicating with my fellow Ness mains. I only started playing competitively about 4 months ago, but I feel like I've been improving steadily with each passing day.

So, yeah... hi!

Bartolon

Smash Lord
Shaky why you stop, your playstyle was so comparable to mine D:

BUT ANYWAYS,

Welcome to the Ness boards, I am always active for like a week, then I m off for some months again LOL.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I guess I could try and co-main Ness, even though I already main and try to rep like... 4-5 characters... I mean, Im already repping Yoshi, Mario, Luigi, AND Bowser here...

Nah, not really, im probably never going to main Ness, nor will I ever probably use him in tournament, but that doesnt mean I dont still love him and wont cheer for you all to succeed with him.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Kirby is almost my co-main...my character knowledge of ness is slightly better though :p

:phone:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself to the Ness boards. I've been lurking for several months and felt it's finally time I started communicating with my fellow Ness mains. I only started playing competitively about 4 months ago, but I feel like I've been improving steadily with each passing day.

So, yeah... hi!
Welcome! Please soak in all this information <3.

Shaky posting here makes me feel good.

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
Welcome to the boards Bacon. I need to go to more SFL tournaments but I'm to shy to ask for a ride to most of them and the fact I work on Saturday when most are hosted :l .

Forsworn

Smash Cadet
Welcome to the boards Bacon. I need to go to more SFL tournaments but I'm to shy to ask for a ride to most of them and the fact I work on Saturday when most are hosted :l .
Same situation here, though I don't think there have been any tournaments down here since APEX concluded. >_> Wish there was stuff on Fridays, though. I'd be happy just with a smashfest or something but anything more than a few hours distance away is too much.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
@Luco, AWWW THANKS! *big hug*

@BACON!!!!, Welcome to ze Ness BROads! oops, I mis-spelled BOARDS. xP Your name made me hungry... :(

@all, I envy how other people can pick up secondaries... I can't play anyone but Ness. I can't really try picking anyone new, b/c then I'd need to have my wii at college.

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
I have Oli as my second but I can still do good with TL since he was my main for a few months for lulz.

baconator25

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, so I'm faced with a little predicament. When playing at college, there's one Lucario player who gives me a ton of trouble and they keep telling me that I'm a good player, but my character is holding me back and I should really consider picking up somebody else. I have two mindsets to this. The first is that I want to stick with just Ness and tough out those bad match ups, practice avoiding the grab, avoiding the gimp, etc. I watch people like FOW and Shaky play and it really inspires me knowing that Ness CAN do well. On the other hand, I feel like I should have another character that I can rely on when I just don't know what to do against my opponent.

So, what do you guys think? I suppose it would be helpful if I had some footage of my matches so we could try to figure out why I'm losing so frequently to this one Lucario, but unfortunately, I don't have any recorded matches at the moment.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Stay on stage. If he comes at you to try and grab you, Short Hop Aireal of your choice. If he rolls a lot, just dash attack and he'll roll into it. AC'd D-air to U-air to U-air. B-throw at 140% for easy kills. Try not to use B-throw until then. Don't rely on F-Smash. B-air instead. Again, stay on stage, don't chase him off. If he falls low, grab the edge. Lucario is like the easiest person to edge hog. Don't set yourself on attacking him. Set yourself on countering what he throws out willy nilly. Also, PSI Magnet his Aura Spheres.

Stay Ness, he da bess.

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
So I uploaded a video of Myself vs My friend Rev in a wifi friendlie I'll link it later in the video thread once I get back from work today :D .

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Hey guys, so I'm faced with a little predicament. When playing at college, there's one Lucario player who gives me a ton of trouble and they keep telling me that I'm a good player, but my character is holding me back and I should really consider picking up somebody else. I have two mindsets to this. The first is that I want to stick with just Ness and tough out those bad match ups, practice avoiding the grab, avoiding the gimp, etc. I watch people like FOW and Shaky play and it really inspires me knowing that Ness CAN do well. On the other hand, I feel like I should have another character that I can rely on when I just don't know what to do against my opponent.

So, what do you guys think? I suppose it would be helpful if I had some footage of my matches so we could try to figure out why I'm losing so frequently to this one Lucario, but unfortunately, I don't have any recorded matches at the moment.
Yeah, you have to play who you want regardless of what others might say. And I think having a 2nd is a good idea. Sometimes you just don't know how to handle a matchup and having someone to fall back on in a tournament setting can help. No reason you can't main Ness and have a backup plan as well.

But if you're just doing friendlies or some other match of no real consequence, it can be good to tough out those difficult matchups with Ness so you can learn about the best way to handle them in the future.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Baconator, don't listen.

Way back, the day before my first tourney, Tin told me to drop Ganon for Lucario.

And whenever I fall back to one of my low/low-mid characters, which I can actually enjoy playing, I get a lot of the same.

Hence a lot of character switching.

Don't go down that road man.

Top Bottom