• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide NESSBOUNDER'S Nesstastic Ness Guide (PAL version.)

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Are any of you familiar with Nesses Double Jump cancel wave-dash? Sorry I don't feel like reading 5pages. You gotta hold up-forward before the second jump to maximize range.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Are any of you familiar with Nesses Double Jump cancel wave-dash? Sorry I don't feel like reading 5pages. You gotta hold up-forward before the second jump to maximize range.
I knew about the DJCWD (Ness techs have the longest acronyms) but I didn't know about the range thing, interesting. I'll test it out when I can, but are you sure it's a safe technique? Ness has to be careful with his DJCs because if you get hit out of one you don't have your DJ to use for recovering. DJCWD I've found to be good for mind games though.

ιota [UPSB]

Smash Cadet
As far as I could tell when I was messing around with that, it didn't extent the range of his wavedash any, just shortened it and added bling :3

Last edited:

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
As far as I could tell when I was messing around with that, it didn't extent the range of his wavedash any, just shortened it and added bling :3
Then your doing it to slow. it also works with yoshi & mewtwo I gotta go back in the lab to test it too. And it's probably not that useful trying to do it backwards. If done right it looks like a regular wave dash

Last edited:

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
I tried it for a bit and I get what ArtieBoy is talking about. If you have access to debug mode and you DJ out of a full-speed run you will notice the frames where Ness' horizontal velocity increases during the dip in his DJ animation. Given that you are moving downward during this part, and also given that for some reason wavelands out of a DJ seem to have more momentum regardless of character (correct me if I'm wrong), I think we may have something interesting here.

However, remember this is a very unsafe option and should usually avoid using it during the neutral game; like all other DJC techs if you get hit out of it, you're in a big fuzzy pickle of a situation.

Last edited:

ιota [UPSB]

Smash Cadet
Is it really that risky though, if you're grounded for practically all of the WD except the very very beginning? What about if you do it quickly enough that you basically never even really leave the ground?

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Worst case scenario is you mess up the DJC and get hit jumping to high. then your dead 99% of the time but if your able to pull off the DJCWD flawlessly you shouldn't lose your jump.

ιota [UPSB]

Smash Cadet
Alright, thought so. I'm having trouble getting it down well enough to go farther than my perfect WDs, so how do you do it personally, just double tap and WD really fast? The only way I can think to make it work fast enough is to jump with tap jump, then begin a quartercircle motion with the control stick in the direction of motion so that you're holding left & up at the same time you double jump, and then continue to circle down to just below horizontal to do a perfect WD. So if timed right it'd basically just be a quarter-circle motion with only one tap of Y/X and then the WD. Idk, I'll play around with it more in slowmo and see if I can make it work well that way.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
ill try to have someone record me doing it. But djc while I'm djcing I'm holding up forward (it's became habbit but I don't think it's needed) then i wave dash. I would assume the second jump give ness slightly more forward momentum. And yes I tap y 2x fast

Last edited:
Top Bottom