• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness vs. Rosalina

Clemente

Smash Journeyman
How the heck do you do this?

I lose every time to her. I can barely even damage her.

Yaargh!

Smash Rookie
I don't actually have the game, (Waiting for the Wii-U version and I can't afford a 3DS AND a Wii-U right now, so...) but I hear if you knock Luma into the air Rosalina can't control it or call it back again until it lands.

So if you knock it off the stage it's probably a goner. Hope this helps!

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
How the heck do you do this?

I lose every time to her. I can barely even damage her.
There are other threads for this such as my match up thread and the difficult match ups thread, check there.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Haven't fought a good Rosalina & Luma but I don't think she's difficult...

There are other threads for this such as my match up thread and the difficult match ups thread, check there.
Hey. I really wanna play you, you're a 100% Ness main like me. :3

Last edited:

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
Haven't fought a good Rosalina & Luma but I don't think she's difficult...

Hey. I really wanna play you, you're a 100% Ness main like me. :3
Sure, just private message me about it, but we are getting off topic, you need to take advantage of opputyunities to kill Luma.

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
PK Thunder 2 could help. You should probably use this a lot in this matchup because it pretty much always knocks luma off stage and she can't call him back unless he lands on stage.

Don't try to challenge the Luma Shot with PKT2 though, Luma Shot wins unfortunately.

Also, I'm not entirely sure if whether or not when Rosalina is shielding, Luma blocks too. If you can still hit him while she's shielding, then you'll knock him off stage a lot, and Rosalina will have to fight without aid. My only issue is that even if you hit luma off stage, if Rosalina shields your PKT2, you'll more than likely get punished.

So maybe only PKT2 after she sends Luma out?

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
That's really no different than someone just jumping over Ness as he's trying to use PK Thunder. Ness has always had this problem, more than likely always will.

Seriously though, focus on getting rid of Luma before fighting Rosalina head on. As for recovering, don't use PKT2 if she's in range.
I'm not saying whether or not the matchup is actually in Rosalina's favor (I want to wait and fight more of them as Ness to get a good opinion on it first), but beating her with Ness definitely isn't out of reach.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
That's really no different than someone just jumping over Ness as he's trying to use PK Thunder. Ness has always had this problem, more than likely always will.
Tbh I've always wished Sakurai would replace PK Thunder with Teleport (with burn damage).

Fachewachewa

Smash Rookie
Oh by the way, if rosalina is charging her neutral B, stay un the air and PK thunder Luma. Kinda useful and very fun

Top Bottom