• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness vs Byleth question

Drippin' in Finess

Smash Rookie
Hi Y'all!

I just picked up Ness and I have two questions if anyone knows...

1. When I try to absorb Byleth's shooting move with Psy Magnet, it only absorbs half the time. Am I doing something wrong?
2. Sometimes my PK Thunder (up b) comes out the wrong direction and I SD because I'm not expecting it. Am I doing something wrong or do some enemy moves make our PK Thunder wonky?

Thanks!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
1. When I try to absorb Byleth's shooting move with Psy Magnet, it only absorbs half the time. Am I doing something wrong?
You can only absorb the energy shot. The arrows cannot be absorbed. Try reflecting those with your bat instead.

2. Sometimes my PK Thunder (up b) comes out the wrong direction and I SD because I'm not expecting it. Am I doing something wrong or do some enemy moves make our PK Thunder wonky?
It should always start directly above you. I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Top Bottom