• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Video & Critique Thread

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRQ-6nY2kUc

Was done on wi-fi about a few weeks ago with my friend. Just a few notes... (Recorded with my friend's cell phone [I think it's an Android lol])

In general: I suck at capitalizing on a trip and also I'm not that good at maintaining a lead. Advice on those would be nice. Also the lag wasn't bad at all. =P

Match 1: Ok I got reckless with my Dair and his F-Smash lol

Match 2 (5:00 - 10:37): Oh god this one... I was being harassed off-stage so much and my last death is really sad LOL
I stayed on the ledge too long so I got stage spiked lol

Match 3 (10:40 - 16:16): I barely won that one, need help maintaining a lead... ;___;

Match 4: Got off to a good start then I just lost it. I need help against Luigi since I always make a fatal mistake and get hit by a stupidly powerful Smash >__<
Also I stupidly airdodged past the ledge at the end... idk what I was thinking LOL

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
I'll critique the first only, cuz im tired ;w;

1:00, he's got to end his b move to get back, you should've ran off with nair and ended that stock. Fire on the ledge isn't punishable and worth a try to scare him off.

1:13 run > shield > grab OoS/dashgrab. When someone's coming down from the air (especially kirby facing away from you) they'll almost always react, even if it's an airdodge. Having your shield up will save you often and get the kill. They can't grab you mid-air o3o

1:42 Although you worked up a good lead, keep in mind for future matches that a) you need to be aware of risk/reward factors when you're at high % and up a stock. Is this move good for this situation? I kirby shields/spaces it will I be save from getting punished? Do I really need anything other than fair right now?

Kirby's almost always going to float withing range trying to pressure you with bairs. your options?

If you notice kirby isn't spacing bair out of your range like he should (this one wasn't much) you can shield and go for a grab, which you did pretty well
If the kirby's timing is off on WHEN they let the back air out on you, then you can space it with fair.
Of course, you can pk fire his landing if he's just throwing out bairs out of your range (Idk why a lot of us just throw out moves for the fun of it when we're out of range)

2:50 GOT DAMN! I ain't even mad, that had me laughing xD I guess just try to expect it next time xD

3:50 MAH BOII <3 dat pk jump! you need to follow up with uair when you're right below him tho o3o happens often.

4:09. When you're in that situation, you've got to wait it out for the minute he releases and end up behind him away from the hitbox. Reverse fire, retreating bair....
(Diagram)

v platform (you)>>>>>>>
------------------------- v
v Kirby's hitbox v Kirby won't be here by the end of it
<----------( Kirby)
--------------------------------------------

Get the idea?

React quickly enough and you can even get a bat in there.
Get creative enough and you can have a platform slide rocket rdy for him when he's done.

In general, both you and the kirby should work on strings more. It'll help the both of you!

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Brawl project I've been working on... Took more than a week to put together and edit. I'd even stay up until like 3 AM some days, just to work on this... Enjoy! =P
Ness Combo/Wi-Fi Highlights Video!

And I had SO many video files to go through.

6 Replays from 2012.
5 Replays from 2013.
96 Replays from 2014. (16 parts, each having 6 replays)
And this isn't even counting the replays I've already put on my channel.

Over 11 hours of matches. So worth it though! :p

Top Bottom