• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Video Archive Super Store - Now with More Illuminati

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Since this may be the last time I'll post until I get back to PR...

I'll be wearing a hatness for the event, it's the only "notable" piece of "clothing" I can be sure to use.

See you all there.

Clint_Eastwood

Smash Apprentice
Uh... That was pretty disappointing. Your edge guarding was painful to watch at times. It didn't even feel like you wanted to win. Ah well.

Any of you guys going to Apex?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
So... After so many months, someone finally uploaded my only video from Pound 4. Sadly, I can't remember my opponent's name. Anyways...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFE3YpKFylU
can't watch on this comp, BUT if you go to AJP anton's own website where he's got EVERY SINGLE MATCH he recorded [a couple DAYS worth of footage!!!!] you will find your other vids...they're all listed by character match up so a couple of my really bad ones are in there but I think you had some decent ones [I downloaded everything that had Ness in the title]
@clint dude w/e Bubbleman's teh sex

it's just...2010 ness metagame is pretty much nonexistent v.v;;
*sigh*

Back to Bubbleman: I'm still REALLY disappointed in myself for playing so ****tily against you :( NEXT TIIIIMMMEEEE

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i agree, i don't know how to use it well tho. It feels gimmicky whenever i mess around with it.

dair combos into fsmash/yyg at deceptively high percents vs spacies.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
dair is **** at combos, but has lots of startup lag.

Probably better to dair to uair to uair to bair though than Dair to bat. Does more damage. Kinda dependent on what damage they are though on which one is better to do in certain situations...

You can also dair to grab to u-throw to uair funsies.

Dair combos a lot of people, it has lots of hitstun. Try it out in training mode.

The last hit of running attack is also good at combos.

You use d-tilt by cc'ing with it. You can also use it to edgeguard, but Ness has better options usually.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ness has alot more edgeguarding options than people realize. But they all are very situational except for like the generic batting everything

and cc dtilt could work, but I feel like the lack of range would stop that from being to useful seeing as how everyone spaces stuff now. I've been thinking about aerial -> dtilt(s) on their sheild.

I'm pretty sure dtilt is fairly easily CCed so committing to it may be dangerous.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I use d-tilt when I see a move coming and I know I can't do anything about it so I just cc -> d-tilt. Barely do this ever though. After 3-4 dtilts I wd away and f-smash. That way I punish the move the opponent just cc'd into. D-tilt is super fast. Or you could just wd away to run away from them. Only problem I had is people cc'ing into grabs that outrange d-tilt...

It's situational, but yea... lol IDK. Just think of ways to use it.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Hey.

I've been gone for a long time, it feels like months since I last played Melee. I'm kind of retired now, so it's highly doubtful I'll travel to another tournament. Just wanted to drop by and greet everyone.

Time to catch up with some Ness stuff.

can't watch on this comp, BUT if you go to AJP anton's own website where he's got EVERY SINGLE MATCH he recorded [a couple DAYS worth of footage!!!!] you will find your other vids...they're all listed by character match up so a couple of my really bad ones are in there but I think you had some decent ones [I downloaded everything that had Ness in the title]
Where can I get them? I'm sure there should be a couple of my matches there.

I like bubbleman's sig banner. Its neat.
My signature has been there for... about 3 or 4 years now! :laugh:

I think D-tilt is underused. It should be used moar.
Fixed.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Don't mess up on l-canceling djc.

Use fair more against bowser.

Pk flash edgeguards nicely. Don't always grab the edge vs. bowser as an attempt to ledgehog him. You can aeiral him out of his up-b or bat him. He doesn't have that much mobility after it ends so it's hard for him to trick you on which direction he's going to go.

You have a similar playstyle to me. Use more sh fair against ****ty characters like bowser.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Oh and d-throw combos nicely on bowser. Not sure on u-throw, never tried it before but that probably combos too..

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Less edge get-up attack. If you can't ledgehop, try doing the "neutral" ledge climb, and punishing with DJC anything or a grab.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I'm sorry if somebody doesn't like me reviving an old thread but this is ridiculous. Last post was from last year and OP was last edited 2007? Nobody has any Ness videos at all?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
People don't play good games anymore, most everyone plays Brawl

ιota [UPSB]

Smash Cadet
Aaaaah thanks for linking the vod+timestamp, I only caught the last game and really wanted to watch the whole thing! Awesome set *-*

vrud

Smash Apprentice
hey guys got a couple of games to show you:
Set 1: ottawa monthly vs #2 on the ottawa PR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uK-b5MoaQQ
Set 2: ottawa monthly (2 months prior to set 1) vs loki: http://feynman.sus.mcgill.ca/~jamob/smash/SOM2/15-WQ-Loki-VS-VRUD.mp4

Bonus set: me getting pooped on by the #1 ottawa player and hes a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C9GqhY9Jgc

things to note: i need to bat less and replace with better options. Less emphasis on shield grabs and more on wd OOS.

Any advice/criticism is welcome. Hope you enjoy!!

Post evo edit:

my set vs tai: http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1/c/4644183 4:42:00
what a great time i had playing vs tai on stream! The crowd and everyone else was so supporting I wish I couldve gotten at least game 2 for you guys! now im extra motivated to improve expect way more vids

Last edited:

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
How is this?
Vrud your stuff is incredible. I hope my Ness can get as great as yours. I can't really pin anything specific down on what to work on. Your PKT control could maybe use some work? But who's doesn't, really? Even Mofo seemed to flub recoveries at times. That move is rough.

Last edited:

vrud

Smash Apprentice
How is this?
Vrud your stuff is incredible. I hope my Ness can get as great as yours. I can't really pin anything specific down on what to work on. Your PKT control could maybe use some work? But who's doesn't, really? Even Mofo seemed to flub recoveries at times. That move is rough.
Nice! that edgeguard was pretty sick though if the dash attack doesnt hit he gets the stage for free ):

Ill see your gif and raise you one tho:
http://www.gfycat.com/HilariousFakeArmedcrab
http://www.gfycat.com/OrderlyFlippantCowbird

hope you enjoy :D they're from an ottawa tournament loser's round 5 or 4 i forget

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Yeah. The edgeguard was super risky. I probably had a lot better options haha.
vrud please calm down haha. That is sexy. Did you know your opponent really well? It seems like you make a lot of big money reads. Also very nice job with the bat edgeguard in the second gif. I don't think there was a way for him to get back with that positioning.

gemigumi

Formerly gemininoiser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQrMoVpcQqM

Video of my Ness. It was a lol $10 money match but I was actually super nervous.
I'm really not proud of my play here, messed up way too much tech, random frequent flubs, and many bad decisions in general.
I definitely need to back and clean up my play. Thankfully class will be almost done so I'll actually have time to grind stuff out and practice.
I also have a terrible time with the Fox matchup in general due to low experience and practice with combos/edgeguards. Netplay may have messed up my timing when it comes to upthrow up air, maybe I was nervous. (or possibly //I never even had the timing down in the first place!!//)

You can critique it if you really want, but I can already see so many problems, and the commentators did catch a bunch of them as well. If you want to critique, I'd really really appreciate any advice provided that isn't obvious.

As you can tell, lol, I'm no where near as good as I want to be.

Last edited:

PK Illuminati

Banned via Warnings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQrMoVpcQqM

Video of my Ness. It was a lol $10 money match but I was actually super nervous.
I'm really not proud of my play here, messed up way too much tech, random frequent flubs, and many bad decisions in general.
I definitely need to back and clean up my play. Thankfully class will be almost done so I'll actually have time to grind stuff out and practice.
I also have a terrible time with the Fox matchup in general due to low experience and practice with combos/edgeguards. Netplay may have messed up my timing when it comes to upthrow up air, maybe I was nervous. (or possibly //I never even had the timing down in the first place!!//)

You can critique it if you really want, but I can already see so many problems, and the commentators did catch a bunch of them as well. If you want to critique, I'd really really appreciate any advice provided that isn't obvious.

As you can tell, lol, I'm no where near as good as I want to be.
from the beginning i saw that you did alot of full jump d-air and other moves and you DJC'd pretty high
idk

gemigumi

Formerly gemininoiser
Full hop dair just keeps working so I end up with spamming it as a bad habit/crutch. ><

I need to approach the neutral in other ways that isn't spam full hop fair to djc dair and stuff.
I try to auto cancel the dair but, lol, I'm bad.

I did a lot of full hop bairs this set because they kept hitting or something. idk I'd have to rewatch it.
After practicing a bit I just realized I can't do anything OOS and thought i could. Or at least I couldn't, as I've been practicing since then.

Last edited:

ιota [UPSB]

Smash Cadet
I did some lazy recording with a thrown-together layout and ended up getting a MM recorded against my brother's Sheik, as well as a few silly friendlies vs. his extra-fraudulent falcon secondary (and a wonky, 2006 DI movestring on it start of the 2nd friendly that I dropped the 0-to-death on >_>). My Ness is still pretty bad, and we both were quite sloppy this set, especially game 1, but might as well share ^^''

MM (Ness vs. Sheik): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uBHvIvPeyA

Friendlies (Ness vs. Falcon): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr0SOHEB4vk

Have you guys experimented at all with fair into YYG at all vs Sheik or any other sorta-floaty character for mid percents? I don't think there are any percents where it's a proper combo, but it seems like a pretty easy setup if they miss a CC on fair and don't already know to buffer a roll out afterward or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom