• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness v1.0.8 Changes

Uffe

Smash Hero
Looks like the Smash Gods gave our child a good future. Hopefully it stays this way.

PSI Magnet ending lag is greatly reduced.
PK Fire Ledge Cancel no longer works.
PK Thunder 2 Platform Sliding no longer works.
Striking an opponent with a fully charged Up Smash when they're standing away and behind Ness kills 10% earlier.
Down Throw had a 2% reduction which show no significant difference.

CH - Charged
UCH - Uncharged
CHT - Charged Tipper
UCHT - Uncharged Tipper
SwS - Sweetspot
SrS - Sourspot
▲►▼◄ - Attack Directions

Buff
Nerf
Untouched

ATTACK DAMAGE
Dash Attack - 4-2-4% = 10 % / 4 > 6 > 10%
Jab - 2-2-4%

Up Tilt - 7%
Forward Tilt - 9% ◄►, 10% ▲▼
Down Tilt - 4% SwS, 2% SrS

Up Smash - 9% UC; 12% CH
Up Smash Behind - 13% UC; 18% CH
Forward Smash - 18% UC; 25% CH, 22% UCHT; 30% CHT
Down Smash - 12% UC; 16% CH
Down Smash Front - 12% UC; 16% CH

Up Air - 13%
Forward Air - 7%
Back Air - 15% SwS; 8% SrS
Neutral Air - 11% SwS; 7% SrS
Down Air - 12% SwS; 10% SrS

Up Throw - 10%
Forward Throw - 11%
Back Throw - 11%
Down Throw - 7%

PK Thunder - 8%
PK Thunder Tail - +1%
PK Thunder 2 - 25% Close; 21% Far
PK Fire - +2%
PK Flash - 37% CH

KO PERCENTAGES
Dash Attack - 207%
Jab – N/A
Up Tilt – 155%
Forward Tilt – 215% ◄►, 196% ▲▼
Down Tilt – N/A

Up Smash – 192% UC; 140% CH
Up Smash Near Behind – 192% UC;140% CH

Up Smash Behind – 166% UC; 125% CH > 166% UC; 115% CH
Forward Smash – 110% UC; 86% UCHT, 70% CH; 48% CHT
Down Smash – 158% UC; 112% CH > Down Smash – 158% UC; 113% CH
Down Smash Front – 178% UC; 127% CH > Down Smash Front – 179% UC; 128% CH

Up Air – 127%
Forward Air - 230%
Back Air – 127% SwS; 256% SrS
Neutral Air - 170%
Down Air – 291% SwS; 277% SrS, Off Stage N/A

Up Throw – 216%
Forward Throw – 941% > 339%
Back Throw – 126%
Down Throw – 340% > 338%

PK Thunder - 340%
PK Thunder Tail – N/A
PK Thunder 2 – 44% SwS; 107% SrS
PK Fire – N/A
PK Flash – 56%

Last edited:

Shaky

Smash Ace
Magnet has significantly less ending lag to the point where spamming it vs Lugi/Rosa/Pika will be a viable strategy.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Magnet has significantly less ending lag to the point where spamming it vs Lugi/Rosa/Pika will be a viable strategy.
Do you know if the PSIM pushes opponents further than before? I didn't bother to test that because it has no attack power. It's most likely just a placebo, but I'm still curious.

Noa.

Smash Master
Yay a Ness buff. I'm on mobile so I can't read the OP at all it makes no sense on mobile.

Are there any other changes.

Noa.

Smash Master
Well previously you could ride up te left wall. And not the right. They might have changed the left wall so it works like the right wall.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Did they seriously make dsmash KO 1% later? Like... what was even the point of that? Lol.

And PSIM endlag doesn't matter too much to me since we can magnet cancel anyways.
I take that back.
AIR STALL *****ES :shades:

Last edited:

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Did they seriously make dsmash KO 1% later? Like... what was even the point of that? Lol.

And PSIM endlag doesn't matter too much to me since we can magnet cancel anyways.
While that is true, I feel like custom Ness might actually become better than just "eh... maybe Lucas's recovery" because of the PSI Vacuum's low endlag, the range on that thing it's pretty big for what's worth

Meccs

@Meccs_
PSI magnet buff is nice for the Luigi and Pikachu mus. can magnet instead of shield now

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Is it me or did we lose Thundersliding off ledges?
That's actually true, but that wasn't just for Ness & Lucas; turns out Yoshi and Bowser lost their ability to do so to slide off platforms with Egg Lay and the Claw respectively.

Wait, why bring up Rosa? I thought it was confirmed that you can't heal from Star Bits. o.o

Can you test how pkt2 works on left walls?
Unfortunately you still can't get a net distance upward on left walls. You just ricochet off and die. :c

Tikao

Smash Ace
ness buffs, sweet

on another note, fthrow kills 600% sooner ... sounds like the biggest buff, but is still useless

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Nono this is good. Wallbounce >>>> riding the wall.
Don't see how it's good when this happens everytime you try to recover there. You can't get as close as you can to the wall, then do a PKT2 rebound and bring yourself up higher to the ledge.

Edit: Also since the most notable thing is magnet, does anyone else feel like you can actually stall your descent with it now (or maybe it's just the fact it has less endlag)? Or just a placebo effect? =P

Last edited:

Neil.

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this is a change from this patch but you can no longer run off the ledge into a cancelled PK-Fire :[

Neil.

Smash Rookie
It's not like I said that change was major but okay...

Last edited:

Burnt Ash

Smash Rookie
Weirdly enough, I think Lucas can do the wall bounce on both sides while Ness only gets it on the right

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Weirdly enough, I think Lucas can do the wall bounce on both sides while Ness only gets it on the right
I was gonna mention this. Lucas bounces every time on the right wall (like Ness), but on the LEFT wall, he's only got wall riding and bouncing programmed in. He can't ricochet, which is really good for him.

Now that leaves me wondering how they intentionally left that in for Ness >_>

Noa.

Smash Master
I just can't imagined how they programmed it to acti differently. It's so strange.

It seems the only real change we got was psi magnet.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I just can't imagined how they programmed it to acti differently. It's so strange.

It seems the only real change we got was psi magnet.
Which I take back my former statement on. Good lord does this thing recover quickly. We can use it to properly air stall now X3

PKPenguin

Smash Rookie
You can throw out three Magnets in one short hop. Insane. I honesty did not expect a huge buff like this, I really thought they'd nerf his back throw this time for sure (instead they just buffed his forward throw ayy).

Also, can confirm (at least from my end): Sliding off of platforms with PKT and dropping to a ledge instantly with a pivoted PK Fire both seem to be patched. Thankfully I never really used those techs anyways, but still, RIP.
Thunderbouncing on the left wall is still as janky as ever. I seriously think this is a bug that the dev team just isn't aware of.
Forward throw does kill earlier now, so I guess it's a safe assumption that it scales with damage more (meaning it's likely more useful to keep an opponent away, but can be less useful for following into combos).

Excellent patch for us overall. Now would be a good time to brush up on what you can and can't absorb with Magnet.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Vacuum is legit right now. But seriously, why the hell does Ness STILL ricochets of the wall? Uh, but Lucas doesn't, that sounds fair. Then again, this is the same team that made the abominations that are PK Freeze, PK Bonfire and Foward PSI Magnet. Btw, they didn't fix those at all, they are still garbage.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Vacuum is legit right now. But seriously, why the hell does Ness STILL ricochets of the wall? Uh, but Lucas doesn't, that sounds fair. Then again, this is the same team that made the abominations that are PK Freeze, PK Bonfire and Foward PSI Magnet. Btw, they didn't fix those at all, they are still garbage.
If it means anything, Ness' slow thunder is better than Lucas' PKT lol.

_clinton

Smash Master
I think I found a nerf for Ness sadly...piercing pkt2, if you hit someone, now loses range. Rolling pkt2 is the same at least. Still wish they would give Ness a Zelda style teleport though for an up special custom

Top Bottom