• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness jab lock, and setups!

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Overlooked and seemingly useless, I ignored the jab lock. But some video's inspired me, Peach's new bair trap seemed to work well, and it got me to thinking. Any setups for this awesome technique

It can make a real difference to Ness' game if we can capitalize on it.
An oldy but a goody here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6-Z7nSX_0Q

GO!

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
The jab lock was ignored? I never knew that.

Anyway here are the set ups:

Pk fire to D air (you'll see me do this quite a bit)
Short hop D air
Platform stance hit shield to opponent hitting ground to F air to start the lock, then jab jab jab.

Also always finish it as so:

Jab X times to 2 d tilts to F smash.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
I played my friend for 4 hours, and tried to set up a jab lock towards the end of our smash session, but failed every time. The way I tried setting it up was doing SH dair to pop them up, and another SH dair to spike them down. Sometimes I would get the spike, but he would roll immediately :(

I'm going to try Ref's PK Fire method next time, it seems a lot easier than the footstool

EDIT: wait, is it better to do the Fair before the lock?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
No F air doesn't matter but the platform thing F air is neccesary to give them less time to escape you do a landing first hit the fair to start it so they don't roll or do something in the time you take to land.

They must be laying before the F air.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Lol. PK Nintendo, you should look into EB360's guide if you believe it's ignored. He actually has setups for the jab lock.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
If you want jab locks, go to Battlefield. That's where I get most of mine. Yoyo 'em onto a platform above, Fair 'em back down and jaaaaaab.

That's my method...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Luigi's mansion is also great if it's not banned in your area.

Nair>fair DAS works also around 40% for most average weight characters.

Nessboy12

Smash Rookie
NNID
android5000
Switch FC
SW 5307-4178-2413
I usually use Nair to get my jab locks at certain percents. I know it's pretty easy to tech, but I didn't know any other setups that allowed for more options than tech.

Top Bottom