• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness' Invincible Ledge Stall

The Mofo

Smash Apprentice
Today I discovered that Ness has an invincible ledge stall.

Frame 1: drop off ledge
Frame 2: Double-jump and hold in toward the stage
Frame 19: Air dodge off stage at closest angle to down; Ness clips edge of stage
Frame 22: Fastfall

Total: 37 frames

Notes:
While this is probably too risky to actually utilize in any real match, it's cool that it exists. What is interesting is that it seems that Ness can't regrab the ledge before his ledge invincibility frames are completed. You can see him on his way down from the waveland that he should be grabbing sooner, but he is not for some reason. (No, I was not holding down.) As soon as his invincibility was over, he regrabbed. This means that there is about a 4-5 frame window for complete invincibility. This could also potentially be better optimized to shave off an additional 1-2 frames.

After practicing it, I'm able to get it about once every 6 times (and once I got a chain of 3 in a row). This is obviously not enough to use. Perhaps down the line it could be useful as just a clutch ledge regrab technique when edge hogging.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
While this is probably too risky to actually utilize in any real match, it's cool that it exists.
Isnt this how people used to think of edge cancelling?

It might seem small, but I'm sure you can already see a bunch of situations for it. Give it some time and this will be a normal-ass everyman technique.

Well.....this is a Ness thing, so it might take a few years what with people not playing as Ness all the time^_^

The Mofo

Smash Apprentice
This is actually very very difficult; the range of angles that don't actually kill yourself are very small. And combined with its risk factor, it makes me think that this will never really be utilized. It's similar to what I think about DJC turnaround PK Fire edge-cancel ledge hog.

PKT Guide still in the works...

Top Bottom