• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness : How to be PSI Rockin' [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
SMUG Juice submitted a new guide:

Ness : How to be PSI Rockin' (ONLY 70% COMPLETE) - Haha, it's an Earthbound joke! Freakin' PK Love it.

You need to be level 75 to learn PSI Rockin Ω
(MAYBE 70% COMPLETE)

Contrary to what you may have heard, Ness is a tight and technical character. One does not simply spam PK Fire (Was that too soon? I feel that using a meme in the beginning of a guide makes it seem like a joke). Ness has the tools he needs to be (or stay, rather) a top tier character. His excellent aerial game, combined with powerful smashes and specials and...
Read more about this guide...

PeterCat12

Smash Rookie
Is there a consensus that approaching with bair is a poor option? I feel like it is reasonably safe against shield, especially if you space it correctly.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Is there a consensus that approaching with bair is a poor option? I feel like it is reasonably safe against shield, especially if you space it correctly.
Correct. Back Air is reasonably safe on shield, and has low landing lag. It is also a kill option at high percents, so approaching with back air is an excellent option.

Pkcody

Smash Rookie
Thanks for this guide! It helped expand my knowledge of ness comboing!

KOOL_DOOD_CHARLIE

Smash Rookie
Hey, nice guide! For some reason i struggle against Link in smash 4. My friend uses him and im able to beat when he uses any character except link. I feel like his superior range and projectiles throw me off. any advice?

Last edited:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Hey, nice guide! For some reason i struggle against Link in smash 4. My friend uses him and im able to beat when he uses any character except link. I feel like his superior range and projectiles throw me off. any advice?
Because of Link's disjointed hitboxes and his projectiles, he can be hard to approach. Mainly, I would get in close to him. If you are within a certain range of him, it pressures him because it's too dangerous to pull out a projectile without getting hit. So take up his space, because then he loses access to a lot of his tools. Try approaching from the air, Link doesn't have that many anti-air options besides up tilt and up smash, both of which are punishable. Don't attack Link's shield unless you are going to cross up (Land behind Link) because his tether grab will snag you, even if you use up air or back air. Link's recovery is very simple, so it can be gimped with PK Fire, or rack up extra damage with PK Thunder. He can mix up his recovery with the tether grab, however. It should be easy to kill Link with down throw combos, they take people pretty far off stage.

KOOL_DOOD_CHARLIE

Smash Rookie
Because of Link's disjointed hitboxes and his projectiles, he can be hard to approach. Mainly, I would get in close to him. If you are within a certain range of him, it pressures him because it's too dangerous to pull out a projectile without getting hit. So take up his space, because then he loses access to a lot of his tools. Try approaching from the air, Link doesn't have that many anti-air options besides up tilt and up smash, both of which are punishable. Don't attack Link's shield unless you are going to cross up (Land behind Link) because his tether grab will snag you, even if you use up air or back air. Link's recovery is very simple, so it can be gimped with PK Fire, or rack up extra damage with PK Thunder. He can mix up his recovery with the tether grab, however. It should be easy to kill Link with down throw combos, they take people pretty far off stage.
Thanks! Ill be sure to remember this!

Last edited:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Whoops! Forgot to add Down Air. Wait, I forgot. We don't talk about that one here... ;P

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
This guide has been removed and is no longer available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom