• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Ness Hitbox Visualization

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4 hit-boxes are interpolated, so imagine a line between a hit-box's current position and it's last. It hits that area too.
Example: http://i.imgur.com/wEBKNpI.gif

There are potentially bugs in any of these, so let me know if you notice anything particularly off and I'll check. There have been instances of weird hit-boxes that ended up being a bug.

Note: Hitboxes may appear to be more disjointed here than they actually are in-game because Ness' body parts are supposed to stretch in the animation

(No pivot grab yet...)

Mini-FAQ:
Q: How did you make these?
A: I made a parser for animcmd commands and applied it to the model and animation from the 3DS version of the game.

Q: Can you do hurtboxes?
A: Not yet

Q: These don't look like the quality of the Wii U models, why?
A: These are 3DS models (and data). There isn't a difference in frame data between Wii U and 3DS.

Q: This attack looks wrong, is this actually correct?
A: Let me know which one and I'll check. It's possible for a bug or two to mess up stuff.

Q: The image isn't playing.
A: There are play, reverse, and frame advance buttons under the images. They may be hard to see.

Q: Can I use these for my guide?
A: Yes.

Thank you

Last edited:

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Furil Furil The hitboxes for U-smash and D-smash are all shifted 5 frames too early. U-smash's first hitbox should be on frame 6 behind Ness (it shows up on frame 1 in the clip) and the last hitbox on frame 30 (frame 25 in the clip), while D-smash should start on frame 10 behind him (shows up in the clip on frame 5 in front of Ness' face; if only lol) and end on frame 32 in front of him (frame 27 in the clip). Haven't noticed anything else yet that might be wrong, but all the same, this is a great help. Thanks so much!

Last edited:

200X!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sweetidealism
3DS FC
5327-0916-5405
The magnet windbox gif mistakenly shows Bayonetta's running animation.

Otherwise, super helpful. I never knew USmash's hitbox ended before hitting the ground behind Ness, for instance. I'll keep that in mind vs shorter characters.

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Furil Furil The hitboxes for U-smash and D-smash are all shifted 5 frames too early. U-smash's first hitbox should be on frame 6 behind Ness (it shows up on frame 1 in the clip) and the last hitbox on frame 30 (frame 25 in the clip), while D-smash should start on frame 10 behind him (shows up in the clip on frame 5 in front of Ness' face; if only lol) and end on frame 32 in front of him (frame 27 in the clip). Haven't noticed anything else yet that might be wrong, but all the same, this is a great help. Thanks so much!
Gah, I actually fixed that and then uploaded the wrong animations. Thanks for the heads up!

It was off originally because I wasn't sure if the yoyo frames were relative to the actual animation or not.

Last edited:

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Furil Furil Also the PSI Magnet Windbox gif instead shows Bayonetta's running animation, as 200X!! 200X!! mentioned. Other than that the gifs are spot on. Thanks again for all your work!

If @Yink or another mod could sticky this thread, that would keep it easier for people to find.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Cool visuals. Thanks for the posts. And I believe Flashwire is correct about the extended hurtbox. It'd be awesome if Ness' uair had a hitbox that large, though.

Top Bottom