• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness has a New Victory Theme

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Ness no longer uses the Title Screen theme from Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings as his fanfare, but now it's something I can't recognize. I wonder if Lucas also got a new Victory fanfre too.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
It's a riff from Pollyanna, awesome! Thank goodness, I think this fits him way better than the Mother 1 title music.

Hopefully Lucas got a riff from the Love Theme....

EDIT: Whoops, I think it's actually a riff from the Eight Melodies, which is still awesome in my book, though I do kinda wish that it was the Earthbound Eight Melodies rather than the Mother 1 Eight Melodies. If Lucas has the same theme, then I guess it makes sense that they'd keep the victory theme a Mother 1 reference.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I like it a lot better than Brawl/Smash 4, but I still prefer 64 and Melee's more than anything I think -

Last edited:

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
On the one hand, I do like that there's new Mother-related music in Smash. Plus, it sounds nice, and Eight Melodies is always a lovely song to hear.

On the other, it still kind of bugs me that both Ness and Lucas have a victory theme that has nothing to do with them. In a perfect world, Ness would keep his N64/Melee Smiles and Tears riff while Lucas got a portion of the Mother 3 Love Theme. Sort of odd that like in Brawl/SSB4 (the Mother Earth nod), they both get a song that'd fit Ninten better.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I actually like the new theme, but wish that he and Lucas had a different one. Lucas really should have kept his old one, but perhaps of a new variant IMO.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
I dont understand how no one likes brawl/wii u. All the melodies that you hear is amazing. Smash ultimate is trash..its almost one sound/tone throughout and its short.

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
It also bugs the heck out of me that Ness/Lucas don't even get songs from their own games. Everything after 64/Melee has been a huge disappointment to this EarthBound fan.

Top Bottom