• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Down+B, how do you make him have a "shine" like Project M?

GuardHax192

Smash Cadet
So I'm currently working on a personal melee character rebalance (like a dozen other people I know), and was wondering how to change Ness's down+b to act like the Project M Ness's. It's like a shine and the move is jump-canceleable. Any ideas how to do this? Preferably just with CrazyHand.

TheSocialZombie

Smash Cadet
Thing is, IF I can, I dont know how to do that...
go into crazy hand, go into ness, go into subactions (attacks only), go into his down b, click on one of the "byte" thingys, and scroll down until you see hitbox. click it, confirm you want to replace something, and make the hitbox however you want it to be.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
go into crazy hand, go into ness, go into subactions (attacks only), go into his down b, click on one of the "byte" thingys, and scroll down until you see hitbox. click it, confirm you want to replace something, and make the hitbox however you want it to be.
Don't do this.

So I'm currently working on a personal melee character rebalance (like a dozen other people I know), and was wondering how to change Ness's down+b to act like the Project M Ness's. It's like a shine and the move is jump-canceleable. Any ideas how to do this? Preferably just with CrazyHand.
What you want to do is add space, not replace already existing place because in this case, Ness' Down-B hold is too small, even to add a single hitbox. To understand the process behind adding space, I made this guide: https://imgur.com/gallery/xZ0SoFH

Reading this guide will let you know how to add hitboxes to literally anything. Now, making the move jump cancelable is easy, but making it jump cancelable on any other frame other than frame 4 takes more time and requires codes, since making it jump cancelable on that frame uses one of Shine's properties which is easy.

Go to Ness' Move Logic in Crazy Hand, then replace the following with this:

SpecialLwHold:
- Animation interrupt function:
80 11 A7 00 > 80 11 A2 A8
- IASA function:
80 11 A9 20 > 80 0C AF 78
- Animation physics function:
80 11 A9 28 > 80 11 A4 40
- Collision interrupt:
80 11 A9 D0 > 80 11 A4 E8

SpecialAirLwHold:
- IASA function:
80 11 A4 3C > 80 0C B8 70

GuardHax192

Smash Cadet
Sorry I never replied to this topic, just recently I've gotten the ness "shine" hitbox working (apparently he already had hitbox data for it in "Down+B Start") so I didn't have to add any hitboxes. The jump out of Down+B works good, but I noticed the timing IS a bit hard, so how would I code it to allow jump out of other frames besides 4?

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Sorry I never replied to this topic, just recently I've gotten the ness "shine" hitbox working (apparently he already had hitbox data for it in "Down+B Start") so I didn't have to add any hitboxes. The jump out of Down+B works good, but I noticed the timing IS a bit hard, so how would I code it to allow jump out of other frames besides 4?
I was going to put a wall of text explaining how to do this until I remembered Ness's Magnet has a start-up animation that goes into the actual move. Just slow that down (but I think it's 10 frames already?).

GuardHax192

Smash Cadet
I was going to put a wall of text explaining how to do this until I remembered Ness's Magnet has a start-up animation that goes into the actual move. Just slow that down (but I think it's 10 frames already?).
I will give that a shot!

Top Bottom