• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Completed Ness - Charge Yo-Yo Anywhere [UnclePunch]

PKFreeZZy

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
VETR#758
These codes by UnclePunch disable the obstruction check in Ness' Up- and Down-Smashes, allowing the Yo-Yo to be charged over ledges, against walls and over uneven surfaces!

This code was shared in the Melee Workshop Discord server by Ripple and I couldn't find it anywhere else, so here it is in case it may be of use to anyone else.

Code:
$Ness - Charge Yo-Yo Anywhere [UnclePunch]
04115E34 60000000 #Up-Smash
04116698 60000000 #Down-Smash

Code:
Ness - Yo-Yo Charge Lock Bypass
Bypasses the obstruction check to allow the Yo-Yo to be charged against walls and over ledges or uneven surfaces.
[UnclePunch]
Revision ---- DOL Offset ---- Hex to Replace ---------- ASM Code -
NTSC 1.02 --- 0x80115E34 ---- 4182000C -> 60000000
------------- 0x80116698 ---- 4182000C -> 60000000

Last edited:

PKFreeZZy

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
VETR#758
How do I insert the code into an iso? (I’m new to this)
You'll have to use Melee Code Manager to do that.

Open your ISO in MCM, go to the "Mod Construction" tab, click "Add New Mod to Library" and select "Import Gecko Code."

You then save the code in one of the text files in the browser that pops up.

Once that's done, you return to the "Mods Library" tab, highlight the code you added and click "Save" on the right.

The issue with MCM is that it has some code regions enabled by default which you may not want to overwrite. You can modify where MCM writes code by clicking on the "Code-Space Options" tab in the bottom right corner. Unless you're making a heavily modified version of the game, "Common Code Regions" and "Aux Code Region" will be more than enough.

If you want to revert one of the code regions back to normal, just click "Restore Region" and then save. That's about it!

Top Bottom