• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness can easily beat MK.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I can guarantee, users are rushing in now, thinking WTF!

I just need help on the matchup.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=188116

MK ***** everyone so, 7-3?

I mean, the only thing Ness has on MK is his back throw kills him earlier. But thats useless because A. MK is impossible to grab, B. MK beats him everything else, speed, aerials, grabs in general, ground attacks, recovery e.c.t.:laugh:

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Ness is like IC except they can't infinite CG you and you can CG Ness.

I didn't think through that part of the theory....

brinboy789

Smash Champion
you cant CG ness with MK...

on topic, you have many killing moves that kill MK very early since hes so light, and your baackthrow is really good (don gimme crap about how your not gonna grab him), and fair IMO is good in this matchup. play defensively and poke and MK's TINY lag (its there, its tiny). otherwise, play defensively

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
Ness isnt too bad, he's pretty easy to gimp and hes a fairly light character.

Watch out for pk fire spam, i think his breaks nado, but i can't remember offhand, going on 3 weeks since i've played (yay college-_-) but at least he isnt like lucas, so he cant hit you with it in the air. An a side note, he has NO priority and next to no range, so those are your advantages, use them.

ftilt is nice, so is d-tilt/grab combo, when he is coming back you can nair fair or dair him to stop his recovery, or you can be a douche and try to hit the pk thunder... :rolleyes:

Deoxys

Smash Lord
What are you talking about?
D'oh. I forgot the grab release has to be an aerial grab release for it to CG Ness. That's what I get for almost never playing against him....

I assume that's the only part you were intending to quote?

Really, how?

Ness is NOTHING like IC.
Yeah, I guess I grossly exaggerated, but they can kill you with grabs at the relatively low %s.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Stay away from the tornado in this matchup. PK fire will easily take you out. Try to stay in the air to avoid getting grabbed, but stay close so you can punish PK thunder spam. Watch out for his fair, it's ridiculous. Space it with a fair or nair of your own.

Once you get him off stage, it should be over right then. Follow him out, push him away with dairs to force the PK thunder, then hit him out of it. Repeat as necessary.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ness isnt too bad, he's pretty easy to gimp and hes a fairly light character.

Watch out for pk fire spam, i think his breaks nado, but i can't remember offhand, going on 3 weeks since i've played (yay college-_-) but at least he isnt like lucas, so he cant hit you with it in the air. An a side note, he has NO priority and next to no range, so those are your advantages, use them.

ftilt is nice, so is d-tilt/grab combo, when he is coming back you can nair fair or dair him to stop his recovery, or you can be a douche and try to hit the pk thunder... :rolleyes:
Actually Ness is medium weight. :dizzy: I know.

Okay, I get the descriptions, so 70-30? (like MK doesn't get enough of those :()

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
In response to topic title: This is blasphemy! Lies, all lies!

On topic: Yeah Ness can't step up to MK. I also haven't seen too many good Ness players around...

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
Ness's Fair stops Tornado as well. I think MK=Ness but thats just because I know the matchup very well. IF the ness player knows whats he's doing then he will not get gimped. Magnet till he runs out of room to dair then use your 2nd jump and position yourself to aim of the top of the ledge. NOT THE EDGE. Meta is pretty equal with Ness in the air, however MK's terrific Ground game puts Ness to shame. xP

judge!

Smash Ace
ill give noness the props my first time faceing him i actually lost. he def knows the matchup and uses insane mindgames. Ness f air has priority over MK fair and bair even upb. you gotta use your tilts on this matchup. ftilt works wonders. pretty much this fight is like zss and diddy its insanly hard till u know what to do. you watch out. ness can spike VERY fast and it kills your at very low%. Also his pk fire can take u up to easily 80% if you get caught in 2. ness isnt very fast on the ground. use lots of grabs and tilts. and dont forget to be careful when gimping him. getting hit by that pk thunder is deadly! gl.

Top Bottom