• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness at G4

Omastar

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2638-1454-6031
GENESIS 4 RESULTS

:4ness: FOW (49th place)

:4ness: Shaky (33rd place)

:4ness: S1 (97th place)

Prominent Ness mains at G4 didn't do so hot in comparison to last year where FOW had placed 5th and Shaky had placed 9th. With counterplay, rising skill level, matchup knowledge and several bad matchups where does Ness go from here? He is lucky to be placed at the end of high tier and is only going to continue to fall from grace. What are everyone's thoughts and opinions on this? Personally I think its time to start heavily investing time into a top tier secondary.

_clinton

Smash Master
Don't see how being in the top 100 is bad at all with there being 1,012 people playing man.

Granted I've never really viewed Ness as high tier in this game at all really and more of upper mid tier.

Also it isn't like Ness is been doing "bad" all the time. Those same guys are still placing with em.

Last edited:

Omastar

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2638-1454-6031
Don't see how being in the top 100 is bad at all with there being 1,012 people playing man.

Granted I've never really viewed Ness as high tier in this game at all really and more of upper mid tier.

Also it isn't like Ness is been doing "bad" all the time. Those same guys are still placing with em.
When in comparison to last year? Yes they did do badly. FOW is a top 20 player when he is playing well and going to tournaments. 5th and 9th are a far cry from 49th and 33rd. Also these guys are top players, they are expected to do well at a major. It being out of 1012 players won't be mentioned in the PGR or any other ranking list, but their result will.

Last edited:

_clinton

Smash Master
FOW and Shaky are still playing Ness pretty well, I mean the last few events before hand had FOW placing well IIRC. And at least both of them had results. In general there were a lot of upsets at this tourney though.

Envoy of Chaos

Smash Ace
You need to keep in mind FOW and Shaky hadn't been to a super major like that since EVO 2016 (I think even longer for Shaky) this was the first super large tournament for them both in a long time so I wouldn't be expecting a lot. S1 now did have a disappointing preformance but i think that was his first time states side and he's still on of the best Dutch Smashers overall.

If FOW and Shaky keep going to tournaments at a steady pace expect them to do better. Though you should already be investing in a secondary for Ness as he isn't nor ever has been solo viable.

Omastar

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2638-1454-6031
You need to keep in mind FOW and Shaky hadn't been to a super major like that since EVO 2016 (I think even longer for Shaky) this was the first super large tournament for them both in a long time so I wouldn't be expecting a lot. S1 now did have a disappointing preformance but i think that was his first time states side and he's still on of the best Dutch Smashers overall.

If FOW and Shaky keep going to tournaments at a steady pace expect them to do better. Though you should already be investing in a secondary for Ness as he isn't nor ever has been solo viable.
Tell FOW that lol and my original post was alluding to how Ness has been on a downwards trend in terms of both results and tier lists. All im saying is that now in order for Ness to do well in tournies without a secondary you need incredible bracket luck and me referencing their results helps support my argument, but not what im basing my entire post off of.

Last edited:

Envoy of Chaos

Smash Ace
Well you aren't wrong but Ness has always needed to have good bracket luck to make it far as a solo main. FOW can solo main Ness and do amazing because FOW is a amazing player who could do the same with almost any character if he wanted to. However for the rest of us investing in a secondary is wise until we get at FOW levels of good.

Omastar

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2638-1454-6031
Well you aren't wrong but Ness has always needed to have good bracket luck to make it far as a solo main. FOW can solo main Ness and do amazing because FOW is a amazing player who could do the same with almost any character if he wanted to. However for the rest of us investing in a secondary is wise until we get at FOW levels of good.
Fair enough. What secondaries do you think helps Ness? Cloud is the go to for most people I think as it takes little commitment when compared to other characters like Sheik.

Envoy of Chaos

Smash Ace
Fair enough. What secondaries do you think helps Ness? Cloud is the go to for most people I think as it takes little commitment when compared to other characters like Sheik.
I personally use Mewtwo but the main MUs to cover are Shiek, Corrin, Rosalina and Pit/Cloud. Marth,Diddy, Shiek, Mario and Fox cover these well. Honestly use who you want as long as they don't get beat badly by the same characters Ness does.

Lucas is a solid secondary I don't use him because his PKT2 timing messes with my Ness personally

Top Bottom