• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Ness Adv. Technique Showcase and Guide (complete with Crotchcam!)

Boiko

:drshrug:
It's preference but assuming all other buttons stay standard, I highly doubt there is any way to DJC as fast as you would with tap jump.

Tokei

Smash Rookie
I haven't seen it anywhere on this board, so I figured I'd mention Ness's ability to perfect waveland out of his short hop.

Some characters can only full-horizontal waveland out of one of their short hop animations (or none), however Ness can no matter if he's jumping forward/in-place/backwards. Ness's above average wavedash turns this into pseudo burst movement, covering a little less than a third of battlefield in 1 waveland. I've caught opponents off-guard with perfect waveland into ftilt/jab/grab/shield/dashdance away.

It fits in nicely with Ness's other tricky movement options. The timing isn't all that tight, and it can be done consistently with some practice.

Last edited:

DHD

Smash Cadet
So I practised my platform game a couple of days ago and I found edge-loop dashing. Basically you platform loop and dash the other way instantly getting a perfect waveland. It's really quick and on most stages it leads into edge cancels or pivot grabs or just evasive movement. Easiest way to do it is to waveland off a platform, instantly jump towards it and wavedash the other way back. Not too hard and really useful if you want to move quickly. I've only got one video showcasing it atm, and it's the first one I ever did so it's not being used for anything but it's here if you'd like to see what it looks like.

RECLLY short clip, so pay attention ^^
https://youtu.be/Mze6T-RA3VE?t=9s

Kayo

Smash Apprentice
Premium
NNID
KiddKayo
3DS FC
0989-3028-4971
I forgot how dope this guide was. Good work bry.

gumbo100

Smash Rookie
All the Miscellaneous Stuff section's twitch links are broken (as far as I can tell). I would really like to see the buffered magnet and LJC invicibility refresh!

Top Bottom