• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEO: The World Ends With You receives a worldwide release date and trailer

neo_twewy.jpg

Neo: The World Ends With You, the long awaited sequel to the 2007 game, was announced in november. A few days ago, Square Enix published a new trailer along with a release date. This trailer showcases lengthened gameplay and story sequences. The Japanese trailer, followed by the English trailer, are posted below for your viewing:

Neo: The World Ends with You will release worldwide on July 27th, 2021 on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. A PC release on the Epic Games store is planned for Summer 2021.

Author's Note: Wow, what a trailer. Any other TWEWY fans out there? Looking forward to this sequel? Let us know below!

Edit 4-13-2021: We have included the English trailer.

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I'm really hoping that what they show off here ends up being way better than what they teased in the TWEWY re-release.

I'm super excited! I loved the first one and the fact that it's on PS4 also means there won't be any required shenanigans with the Joycons. (I loved the switch rerelease but my wrists were tired by the end, hah).

teaser trailer left Neku entirely out of the picture... especially considering the ending of Final Remix, now he's some kind of mysterious presence along the lines of Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts?

Damn it Square, I'm SICK of this teasing! if this game gets delayed, I'm putting on my tin foil hat and claiming my 13+ years of waiting for Kingdom Hearts III was partly their doing and they knew it!

Last edited:
teaser trailer left Neku entirely out of the picture... especially considering the ending of Final Remix, now he's some kind of mysterious presence along the lines of Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts?

Damn it Square, I'm SICK of this teasing! if this game gets delayed, I'm putting on my tin foil hat and claiming my 13+ years of waiting for Kingdom Hearts III was partly their doing and they knew it!
The general consensus is that the hooded figure is Neku, yeah? It is weird they don't bring it up at all, it's not like it's really a surprise to anyone that it's going to be Neku. And if it's not Neku, then they shouldn't have made his hair look so much like Neku's, hah.

I don't think they'll delay it. I feel like delays happen when it's like "Summer 2021" or something like that, this one specifically has a July 27th, 2021 scheduled date. At least I hope it doesn't get delayed, haha.

The general consensus is that the hooded figure is Neku, yeah? It is weird they don't bring it up at all, it's not like it's really a surprise to anyone that it's going to be Neku. And if it's not Neku, then they shouldn't have made his hair look so much like Neku's, hah.

I don't think they'll delay it. I feel like delays happen when it's like "Summer 2021" or something like that, this one specifically has a July 27th, 2021 scheduled date. At least I hope it doesn't get delayed, haha.
I referenced Kingdom Hearts III for a reason... and not just because it was developed by Square.

it had been announced near the end that it was slated for release in 2018, by that point it was almost November before it was finally revealed at the end of an orchestra performance that the final release date was January 29th overseas. one last delay before the wait was finally over... and it stung, because after so many years, it was almost here, and we were done waiting.

chances are, I'm probably paranoid, but I have started noticing that Square Enix does have a thing for biting off more than it can chew with enough hype.

Last edited:
Top Bottom