• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEO: The World Ends with You announced for Summer 2021

NEO-TWEWY-Ann_11-23-20.jpg

Following up a Countdown Teaser and an anime series announcement, Neo: The World Ends with You, a follow-up sequel to the 2007 Nintendo DS cult-classic The World Ends with You, was announced today.

The announcement trailer showed how the combat works, bits of gameplay, exploration, and more. What's particularly showing about this trailer is both how it's presented in 3D, and the new cast of characters, including Rindo, Fret, Nagi, Minamimoto, and the new Game Master, Shiba. The trailer also gave a release window: Worldwide in Summer 2021

The announcement trailer can be seen below,

Hours before, the anime adaptation also received a release date and a new trailer. The World Ends with You anime will air in Japan on April 2021 with Funimation providing subtitles.

Neo: The World Ends with You is currently slated for launch on Nintendo Switch and PS4 on Summer 2021. The original game, The World Ends with You, is available on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo DS, Android, and iOS devices. The World Ends with You: The Animation is scheduled to have its first episode air on April 2021.

Author's Note: Wow. Between the 13 year wait for a new The World Ends with You game, and Samox's long-awaited Smash Documentary sequel. It's an exciting day. Are you looking forward to NEO: The World Ends with You and METAGAME? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I. CAN'T. WAIT!!!

I just beat the Switch version of Twewy recently and it was easily the most fun I've had with a game all Year! The added post game content could've been better, but the all the original content was nearly perfect! I hope this game can match that quality in writing. By the looks of things, it already has its predecessor beat in terms of gameplay.

Top Bottom