• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Needle Camping Counterplay

PURGE THEM LIKE THE

Smash Apprentice
Needles come out on frame 11 at the slowest, which can't be blocked or reflected on reaction. They fly practically invisibly and are very fast. They don't clank with anything except another hurtbox. They don't have an excessive amount of lag, though they are still unsafe up close. They may not do much damage, but Sheik can run away from almost everyone easily. Finally, this is a perfectly viable strategy at any time Sheik is in the lead, which I would imagine is most of the time since it's Sheik.

Is there anything that can be done to scare the enemy into not using needles the whole match? I'm not looking for advice on any specific character; I just want some general tips. No advice is bad advice! Everything is appreciated!

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
walk and shield is the only thing you need. if sheik grabs, then w/e, she doesn't get anything off grabs after like 40% anyway

or if your character has a projectile then shoot it to trade with needles, u win everytime. its very easy to predict when sheik uses needles and if she does decide to needle camp then she gives up ~70% or more of the stage, just to throw a few needles. it's not favourable for sheik to needle camp until very late percents when a single needle can be a threat.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
because 1 needle at later percents (~100+) pops them up and gives instant stage control whereas at lower percents they're just an extra 1-9%

Top Bottom