• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Needed: official names for all of toon link's tricks

internetmovieguy

Smash Apprentice
And I am going to start us off (feel free to argue).
When toon link's bomb jumps in the air after being hit by your boomerang or another bomb we should call it:
The bomb wall. OR Bouncing Betty (after the explosive mine of the same name)

Please keep names short so that announcers can use them quickly and entertainingly and so that they stick longer.

We could also say that when we bounce a bomb off an opponent's shield from above and it lands back on their shield that we got them with the "pogo bomb".

internetmovieguy

Smash Apprentice
Shameless double post:
I think its already call this but when toon link bounces on you with his down air its call pogo sticking.
just to clarify when i said tricks i also meant sword tricks and projectile tricks.

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
when you throw a bomb up and then you hit it with your chain to project it forward in a wierd motion.

lets call it :

sickle shot

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
If you up-b airbourne without upward momentum (ledgecancelling while in jumpsquat and then up-b ing) this could be called "Spin Drop"

Illest_toon

Smash Cadet
I like the "spin drop" would have helped me a lot at a tournment where i should have just grabbed ledge

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
What do you guys call that thing where you recover with
double jump > bomb pull > AGT up throw up > move forward a tiny bit while pulling bomb > AGT up throw up > up B into the first bomb thrown > SDI/DI your way up and towards the 2nd bomb > catch the 2nd bomb > continue AGT recovery

Illest_toon

Smash Cadet
Oh my god ive been recovering wrong the whole time, the day i learn ^ i'll we be set

Waltz

Smash Rookie
NNID
ryanwaltzwalter1
Bomb drop > Up Taunt to make the bomb go forward as either and edge guard or just to freak people out: Melody of Mindgames

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
What do you guys call that thing where you recover with
double jump > bomb pull > AGT up throw up > move forward a tiny bit while pulling bomb > AGT up throw up > up B into the first bomb thrown > SDI/DI your way up and towards the 2nd bomb > catch the 2nd bomb > continue AGT recovery
The Thing That Only Aero Can Do

Skootarius

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if there is a name for it, but since the B-air to Double-Jump D-air spike combo works a little more reliably now and should have some sort of icon (Like Marth's Ken-Combo/Dumpstered). Same with the incredibly insulting D-Tilt at the edge spike.

NightRaid|tAmA?

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if there is a name for it, but since the B-air to Double-Jump D-air spike combo works a little more reliably now and should have some sort of icon (Like Marth's Ken-Combo/Dumpstered). Same with the incredibly insulting D-Tilt at the edge spike.
Hmmm Can't call it Ending blow ( that's a Link thing ) I'm thinking Pogo-hop for dair and Edge Poke for D-tilt

when you throw a bomb up and then you hit it with your chain to project it forward in a wierd motion.

lets call it :

sickle shot
I like Bomb slide.

AndrogynousOkami

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2412-4203
I heard someone call his dair meteor "the lightning spike", and I like that. It feels like it complements "fire spike" well.

I've heard people call hitting a bomb on the ground with the hookshot the bomb punt. Doing it in midair could just be a midair bomb punt.

NightRaid|tAmA?

Smash Cadet
I heard someone call his dair meteor "the lightning spike", and I like that. It feels like it complements "fire spike" well.

I've heard people call hitting a bomb on the ground with the hookshot the bomb punt. Doing it in midair could just be a midair bomb punt.
No the bomb punt is when you knock it in the air. It's actually already an official term. The bomb slide is when you knock it across the ground making it slide

Illest_toon

Smash Cadet
full jump arrow then lag cancel arrow, places two flame arrows in the exact same spot. We need a name for thisss

Aio Project

Smash Rookie
hitting your boomerang with a bomb and/or boomeranging a placed bomb needs a name. it messes with sooooo many people. especially if they have ledge. you can cover an option with the bomb and the other options with the sword

Aio Project

Smash Rookie
also boomerang hit confirm grab and bomb hit confirm dair need names cuz they are amazing

Magu

Smash Rookie
I love when the grab sweetspots and makes this eyeblinkstop. I heard on a tourneylocator stream with fx Lunchables vs Strongbad, some guy called it "the scorpion"

Last edited:

Magu

Smash Rookie
Okay, the skypegroup dicussed it, and that Bounceless Dair, it's now calles BPS. Broken Pogo Stick. !

Magu

Smash Rookie
BD could be anything, like bounce dash or bubble doubbles or bunch ***** :/

Top Bottom