• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need tips on how to fight squirtle/ not getting bodied.

Ryujinshi

Smash Rookie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UvPgY3ftuI
Hey guys. I could use some help. I'm trying to study some of my pools matches but it's different from studying other smashers. It more or less just plays out in my head like it did when I was playing. Any tips on how not to get bodied? Or what I do that gets me bodied? Or should I wait longer to review my game play?

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
It looked like you were being a little too aggressive back there. Putting out attacks to threaten space is still good in moderation, however. Also just saw you try to edgeguard with Hammer, when he snuck under you and was easily in D-Air or B-Air range. Your DI and wavelands are pretty solid for the most part though, and that Fence of Pain you did in game 2 was hypeeeeeee. To be fair, it is worth noting that Dirtboy has played a lot against Tetra, the current best PM Kirby.

BTW Inhale is really good against Squirtle's approaches, and you should have abused more Dash Attack off of those YS platforms game 2. Try using those tactics a bit more and you'll be surprised. :3

Last edited:
Top Bottom