• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some help with a particular technique...

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Ok, I don't know what this technique is called, or if it really has a name. Where you run off the stage and immediately teleport to the ledge. Taj does it at 00:20, as well as a few other times, in this match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuuQCqvp_0s

I just can't seem to do it consistantly. I seem to either succeed, teleport directly to the side back onto the stage, or teleport diagonally downward to my death, at random. To my understanding, you just run, teleport and hold the control stick torward the ledge. Anything else I should be doing, or something I should be doing differently? Advice would be appreciated, and thanks.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
im guessing just practice till you always hold the right direction.

im also guessing it has a name. something like teleport edgehog.

im not great at mewtwo though - taj is the only reason i would ever consider playing him

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Uh... you just run, teleport, and [quickly] hold the direction towards the edge ^_^

drago980

Smash Apprentice
Well if you want to get better at doing it, I advise you go to training and do slo-mo. It helped me.:)

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Spent a few minutes in training, turns out I kept teleporting either a tad too soon or a tad too late. I slowed it down and zoomed in to observe better and get a hang of where exactly mewtwo should be when I teleport. Now I can perform "super ultra ninja cookies" perfectly every time! Thanks everyone!

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I don't use super ultra ninja cookies enough...
I like taj's sig with forward in it.
SUNC-hog... how random.

Metà

Smash Master
While 'super ultra ninja cookies' is an awesome name, I propose we call it the 'telehog' or something like that. Using a long name for something small and situational doesn't seem very practical...then again, we could abbreviate it to SUNC. That way, whenever you edgehog someone with it, you can say, "you just got SUNC'd, beyotch!"

lawlz

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
SUNC is pretty funny. i wont mind making it official. XD

hope it doesnt turn mewtwo into a whole joke itself though

when you go in a tourny and keep yelling, "you got SUN'Ced" and they ask you what it stands for, are we really gunna say "super ultra ninja cookie!!!!"

South_Paw

Smash Ace
it so is... but in my experience you do exactly what was said in the first post... just really fast : P

and i concur with super ultra ninja cookie

Top Bottom