• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Replays Uploaded to Forum and Youtube, But no capture card and Wii U says there is an error

roysrevengefgc

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roysrevengefgc
i have been saving replays to analyze my progression and find flaws in my play style however, when i attempted to upload it to youtube (not miiverse because it no longer exists) it tell me that there is an error. I suspect its because of the Miiverse being shut down but shouldnt the youtube option also still be available without me having to send it to the miiverse? i want to save my gameplay but i dont have a capture card, need help on trying to save replays and upload them to youtube without a capture card. Thanks

Salcan

Smash Rookie
I wish I didn't have to say this, but Super Smash Bros. for Wii U's replay uploading feature goes through Miiverse first, then uploads the video to Youtube. Since Miiverse no longer exists, this chain of actions is broken and thus, the Wii U will not upload the video at all. You'll have to get a capture card for this purpose.

roysrevengefgc

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roysrevengefgc
I wish I didn't have to say this, but Super Smash Bros. for Wii U's replay uploading feature goes through Miiverse first, then uploads the video to Youtube. Since Miiverse no longer exists, this chain of actions is broken and thus, the Wii U will not upload the video at all. You'll have to get a capture card for this purpose.
i figured smh any news on potential patches or updates to fix the issue? or is there someone who i can send the footage to so they can capture it for me and email it to me?

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
I have heard otherwise, that post Miiverse shutdown some players are still able to upload replays. Try again and see what happens.

Top Bottom