• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need opinion on playing ult and melee

jibajabber

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
jiba#568
Need ur opinion on playing melee and ult

So I’m very new to smash been playing ult since November and melee seriously since late December early January. It started off as me not being able to get games on slippI as a noob and basic tech being hard for me. It furthed as their being basically no melee tournaments near me. I don’t rlly like online tournaments bc no friendlies so I don’t get to meet people. But basically what I’m feeling now is should I drop one of the games. I love both of them. Melee slightly more because of the story and movement. But I also really love ult. I’m getting to a point where I’m worried about very slow improvement by splitting my time
Betweeen the two. I have roughly 2.5 hrs per day to play more on weekends and I do roughly 1.5hr of melee a mix between tech practice and games of melee online discord And then and hour of ult playing with a training partner. I do feel that playing both at once keeps me from switching to random chara to much And prevents the games from getting stale. But I rlly want to get better. Ik I’m extremely early. And it will take a while to get good. I’m apparently good for how long I’ve been playing for but I get crazy tournament nerves and play very stupidly. Is it fine to split my time or am i extremely limiting myself as a player. Ik this is a very personal question and it will very hard for people to give me a perfect answer but any help is appreciated

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
I'm unsure, haven't played Melee at all but I've heard it is SUPER, SUPER technical, so depends whether you like the technicality of Melee or how much simpler Ultimate is. So if you like more complicated games, Melee 100%, but if you would like it to be simpler, choose Ultimate. Splitting your time isn't too bad tho, but you still improve faster without splitting your time.

Top Bottom