• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need matchup advice after my first tournament

Krystofr

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I'm Krystofr (used to go by Krystedez). I played Wario a lot but I can't stand him in Ultimate right now. I ended up becoming a Robin main.

Should I just flat out secondary someone to take care of these two or can I get them down pat to at least make it even?

:ultkrool::ultyounglink:

I've tried other characters but I get stomped no matter what (Wario, Bowser, Robin finally)

I barely went toe to toe with King K.Rool as Robin on FINAL DESTINATION (still lost) but as soon as I had to go to a platform stage he just wrecks me (read; got three-stocked) with his insane priority and better projectile game. (Crown comes back with damage despite being hit or canceled on it's way to me and the vaccume cannon I had a strategy for but was countered after I successfully got behind him twice...)

And Young Link literally 2-0'd me and 3-stocked me too on my first round against him as Robin.

I just don't know what to do yet. I feel confident in other matchups so far but these two literally make me feel like garbage.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
K. Rool is very much a "learn the matchup" type of character; he's new, and weird, and he might be pretty good, but he's not THAT good. Overall I think we have the advantage over him, thoron and arcfire do very well against him. Just try to play a bunch of K. Rool matches to get used to the matchup.

As for yink I think we're just el-******ed :cool:

Krystofr

Smash Rookie
K. Rool is very much a "learn the matchup" type of character; he's new, and weird, and he might be pretty good, but he's not THAT good. Overall I think we have the advantage over him, thoron and arcfire do very well against him. Just try to play a bunch of K. Rool matches to get used to the matchup.

As for yink I think we're just el-******ed :cool:

Yeah I've been working on the Krool matchup much more now on my own and in wifi matches. Working on Young Link is on backburner... I'm scared :D

Top Bottom