Need matchup advice after my first tournament

Krystofr

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I'm Krystofr (used to go by Krystedez). I played Wario a lot but I can't stand him in Ultimate right now. I ended up becoming a Robin main.

Should I just flat out secondary someone to take care of these two or can I get them down pat to at least make it even?

:ultkrool::ultyounglink:

I've tried other characters but I get stomped no matter what (Wario, Bowser, Robin finally)

I barely went toe to toe with King K.Rool as Robin on FINAL DESTINATION (still lost) but as soon as I had to go to a platform stage he just wrecks me (read; got three-stocked) with his insane priority and better projectile game. (Crown comes back with damage despite being hit or canceled on it's way to me and the vaccume cannon I had a strategy for but was countered after I successfully got behind him twice...)

And Young Link literally 2-0'd me and 3-stocked me too on my first round against him as Robin.

I just don't know what to do yet. I feel confident in other matchups so far but these two literally make me feel like garbage.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
Premium
NNID
Zareidriei
K. Rool is very much a "learn the matchup" type of character; he's new, and weird, and he might be pretty good, but he's not THAT good. Overall I think we have the advantage over him, thoron and arcfire do very well against him. Just try to play a bunch of K. Rool matches to get used to the matchup.

As for yink I think we're just el-******ed :cool:

Krystofr

Smash Rookie
K. Rool is very much a "learn the matchup" type of character; he's new, and weird, and he might be pretty good, but he's not THAT good. Overall I think we have the advantage over him, thoron and arcfire do very well against him. Just try to play a bunch of K. Rool matches to get used to the matchup.

As for yink I think we're just el-******ed :cool:

Yeah I've been working on the Krool matchup much more now on my own and in wifi matches. Working on Young Link is on backburner... I'm scared :D