• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with the ZSS vs Little Mac MU

GDGuitar95

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble playing against Little Mac while using ZSS. Need some tips on how to play this MU.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
For future reference, it's probably better if you ask character specific questions of that character's board. You are more likely to get people who main that character to see the post.
I don't play ZSS, but I'll try and answer this as best I can. ZSS thoroughly outranges Mac. Grab, Zair and Paralyzer all have much better range than Mac's attacks besides Side B. So, you need to use that to your advantage and try to zone him out most of the time. If he makes a mistake while close to you, you can punish with jab thanks to it's speed and range. However, it's imposible to play perfectly safe and thus a good idea to go for some aggressive options like approaching Nairs and RAR Bairs. Don't be too afraid of him at the ledge; ZSS can fall off Double Jump Up Air to hit from the ledge.
Again, not a ZSS main here, just giving the advice I could gather from watching whatever came up when I searched ZSS VS Little Mac Smash 4 into YouTube's search bar.

Sleepy ッ

Smash Rookie
I don't play ZSS, but here are some tips.

-Catch any tilts with a nair, especially f-tilt.
-Fair outranges side b, so do that when he tries to approach.
-Try to juggle and edgeguard mac, these are his two weaknesses.

And when fighting Mac in general, get him off the ground, or use a lot of projectiles, he falls weak to these.

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
I'm kind of betraying my main by posting this, but considering we are all people trying to learn from eachother, I'll help you out with some basic tips ;)

- Little Mac is SUPER crappy in the air. If you can stay in the air as much as possible, it will be that much more difficult for Mac to land a hit.
- Try and be as unpredictable as possible. His attacks are fast and destructive so don't let Mac think you're going in for an attack otherwise he will just play defensive and once you use an attack he'll immediatly go on the offense.
- Remember that ZSS has a very long tether grab which doesnt need to be used at point blank range. Be unpredictable about it though. Don't spam it.
- Learn the Dthrow > Uair > Uair > Up-B combo. This combo puts your opponent in grave dange especially Mac because Mac's air game is so notorious he has no way to escape it other than DI (if the ZSS player lands the hits at a good angle and at decent timing). This move can also kill Mac very early considering he is a lightweigth character.

Other than that, I'd say just bait them to the ledge and then go for a grab in an attempt to throw them off then once they use their double jump, try and hit them with a Nair so they can't get back on. However, keep one thing in mind: smart Mac players always try to save their double jump as much as possible so dont lose your focus once you hit a Mac player away from the ledge as they try to get back on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom