• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with side b reversal

horizons889

Smash Apprentice
hello, I'm a dedicated diddy main and pretty much know all the advance techs the game has. I've been playing a while and beat other diddy mains who know side B reversal (on FG at least).. I just can't seem to learn it.

I've looked at videos online and whatnot, did not really help. I CAN do the peanut pop gun reversal in mid-air. So I'm already halfway there.. but whenever I try to combine that with side-b I end up doing side B kick.

It's just so confusing to me and I want to learn it so bad, I can tell it's good for mix ups (and also down-b after side b reversal seems like a safe banana tactic) If someone could explain how there inputs work when doing it I think it'll help a lot, thanks!

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
hello, I'm a dedicated diddy main and pretty much know all the advance techs the game has. I've been playing a while and beat other diddy mains who know side B reversal (on FG at least).. I just can't seem to learn it.

I've looked at videos online and whatnot, did not really help. I CAN do the peanut pop gun reversal in mid-air. So I'm already halfway there.. but whenever I try to combine that with side-b I end up doing side B kick.

It's just so confusing to me and I want to learn it so bad, I can tell it's good for mix ups (and also down-b after side b reversal seems like a safe banana tactic) If someone could explain how there inputs work when doing it I think it'll help a lot, thanks!
So, here are the inputs. I'll use MF left as an example. MF Left-Wait until a specific time, B-reverse move. If you B-reverse during the 20-42 frame active grab window, a Kick will come out. So you have to B-reverse after that time. However, Diddy maintains his momentum for a while, meaning you don't have to do the B-reverse at a specific time, but after a specific window of time.

Inputwise, you are entering LEFT + SPECIAL. Then wait for a bit and enter SPECIAL anf flick the stick RIGHT immediately afterwards. This will cause Diddy to change momentum, though he will now be charging his popgun. If you turn around but don't change momentum, you are inputting RIGHT too early.

If you hold Shield during the Monkey Flip, then when you input the B-reverse, the move will automatically cancel, allowing diddy to change momentum without having to charge up Popgun. If you airdodge after the MF, you are inputting shield too late.

B-Reverse Banana is simpler. Press LEFT, and then wait until the specific window has passed. At that point press DOWN + B and then swivel the stick along the edge really fast until you are pressing RIGHT.

Top Bottom