• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help with Olimar vs Ness Matchup

The Coach

Smash Cadet
I seem to have major problems with Ness's PK Fire against my pikmin. One of the only ways I can dodge it it seems is by jumping and whenever I jump I am more predictable in my movement through the air. Any suggestions on how to approach the matchup?

Boiko

:drshrug:
Use a lot of fair. If Ness jumps up for PK Fire, try to quickly move under him and usmash. Oli has some pretty good juggles on Ness. Honestly, it's a pretty tough MU for Olimar IMO. Ness can overwhelm you pretty quickly and your CG doesn't work.

Really though, fair.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If u have a red pikman then u could just use that since fire doesn't affect it
That still activates the PK Fire and gives Ness a temporary ground barrier between you and him. In which case, you can't make your way under him to punish if he goes for an aerial PK Fire next.

I don't understand Olimar very well (have neither played as him nor against him much), but using his stray pikmin against him seems intuitive. When it comes to approaching I believe Boiko has the right idea.

Last edited:

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
ness gets like uhh combo'd to death by olimar.

if he tries to jump and pk fire get in his face and nair. oli is pretty fast too so you can just dodge those pk fires and counter with an up smash. you can even fake out an approach and wavedash away cuz his wavedash actually isn't that bad. wouldn't recommend throwing too many pikmin, it just places hurtboxes everywhere for pk fires to activate.

Swann

Smash Journeyman
Something I love to do is SH toward the Ness when he goes for an obvious PK fire and just drift over it using the aerial pikmin pluck hop. You can fair/nair him afterward.

Top Bottom