• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need help with my uairs

thedude91

Smash Rookie
ok so i started going to tournaments and playing on a competitive level and i've gotten pretty decent. However, any time i want to juggle someone with a few uairs then knee them, i can't. i get one uair in, fast fall, then when i hit the ground i try to dash forward but its delayed and by then my opponent has recovered. do i need to l cancel or am i timing the dash wrong or whats going on?:confused:

`DNS`

Smash Lord
try to l cancel everything.. you also have to be really fast it's hard at first
If they DI right you can't hit them that many times
I use the C-stick so that I don't jump by accident

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice
yup just as they said you have to l cancle cuse falcons up-air isnt doesnt finish fast enough when you short hop and fast fall with it. make sure to light shield cancle instead of hard shield too.

do an up-air as your canling on the ground and roll the joystick from down to forward. rather than just pushing it foward. this will help you time it out.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
You should be l-canceling all of your aerials. period.

Can you get the 0 percent knee to grab combo? That's a really good way to practice l-cancel.

m&m1992

Smash Cadet
you can train your shffl with c-stick against computers
they will DI to you that you can make many u-airs
but do not behave like playing against a computer when there is a human player

DUB

Smash Lord
Seriously, what g-reg told me after I played him at my first melee tourney, was go into training mode and just practice practice practice your combos. I did it and everynow and then i get some moonwalk knees.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Along with what DUB said, maybe u could Dthrow Marth, and try following up with some Uair combos, if u do them fast enough they **** Marth.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you should delay your u-air. You know, like, for the first u-air, hit them with it just before you hit the ground, l-cancel, and then get them again. They'll have less time to escape, right? Make sure you CAN land that u-air first, though, and aren't whiffing it.

Top Bottom