• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help w/ U-Air -> F-Air

UltraInstinctNeo

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone,

Could someone please break down that U-Air -> F-Air combo I see in all of the Dr.Mario combo vids? I can manage to get the set-up a lot, but I don't really understand how I'm doing it; which means I can't really set it up reliably.

Is it a DI thing? Is it a specific frame of Up-Air that leads into it? What percentage should I look for it on Fox & Falco? Do I have to start it in the air, like it's a double jump kind of thing? I guess I'm a scrub because I'm having a hard time figuring these things out by myself, so I was hoping someone here could explain it to me.

I know it may take some time to get a response but thank you!

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey everyone,

Could someone please break down that U-Air -> F-Air combo I see in all of the Dr.Mario combo vids? I can manage to get the set-up a lot, but I don't really understand how I'm doing it; which means I can't really set it up reliably.

Is it a DI thing? Is it a specific frame of Up-Air that leads into it? What percentage should I look for it on Fox & Falco? Do I have to start it in the air, like it's a double jump kind of thing? I guess I'm a scrub because I'm having a hard time figuring these things out by myself, so I was hoping someone here could explain it to me.

I know it may take some time to get a response but thank you!
The combo mostly works if the opponent DIs in; if the opponent doesn't DI or DI's out it's not likely to work. The fear of an incoming Fair resulting in your opponent DIing in, or being tricky by "reversing" an Up-Air to make the DI more ambiguous, is usually why these can happen.
On Fox and Falco because they fall so quickly, if I had to guess, it'd be around 80% where the upair would lead to a fair, but it can depend on how low to the ground they are. You'll more consistently land a Fair by setting it up with an Up-Throw on those characters.

UltraInstinctNeo

Smash Rookie
The combo mostly works if the opponent DIs in; if the opponent doesn't DI or DI's out it's not likely to work. The fear of an incoming Fair resulting in your opponent DIing in, or being tricky by "reversing" an Up-Air to make the DI more ambiguous, is usually why these can happen.
On Fox and Falco because they fall so quickly, if I had to guess, it'd be around 80% where the upair would lead to a fair, but it can depend on how low to the ground they are. You'll more consistently land a Fair by setting it up with an Up-Throw on those characters.
Thank you so much!

Top Bottom