• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Need Help locating a missing texture

ar-o-matic

mid tier enthusiast
A while ago I tried figuring out how to replace Mario/Doc's cape texture. It turned out to be trickier than I anticipated, and so I left it alone. Recently, somebody on ssbmtextures cracked the code, unlocking the ability to replace Mario or Doc's cape to be replaced with any 64x64 image.
In the post description, the creator mentions that their image can be replaced by going into Mario/Doc's shared file and replacing the cape texture. However, when I went to do just that in DAT Texture Wizard, the only image in the shared texture section was Mario's fireball/Doc's pill textures.

I'm hoping somebody may be able to help me locate the flag texture so that it can be replaced. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

ar-o-matic

mid tier enthusiast
After some intense soul searching, I figured it out! On the off chance someone is looking at this thread in the future, I'll put this tut here:

open HSDRaw
Import PlMr
-ftDataMario
-Articles
-Articles_1_(...)
-Model_(...)
-[JOBJ]RootModelJoint

double click the JOBJ and replace texture

ar-o-matic

mid tier enthusiast
If you can't find the texture in DTW, you're probably using an older version of the program.

View attachment 312034

Though I see you already figured it out now. Sorry for not responding sooner. XD
Hey DRGN, thanks for the reply! I was finally able to figure it out, but in going to update DAT Texture wizard and hopefully that'll take care of any future issues. The problem I was having is that after I installed the Mario unmirrored cape texture, when I would go into his NTSC data to import my own png, that is when the cape texture would disappear. In fact, the only texture that remained was the second one (0x13F00). Not sure why it, along with that fireball and bottom texture, disappear, but at least I was able to track em down in HIDEAWAY.
Anyways, thanks again for taking the time to respond to my post. Stay safe out there!

Last edited:
Top Bottom