• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help....CPU doesn't give chance to attack?

Scarborough1994

Smash Rookie
Atm i'm fighting in the spirit board parts and the few i do fight that are high ranks, i have no chance at all to land a single attack in, or their buffs are OP, or earthquake, fire, poison hinders me but not them, right now i tried fighting Omega Ridley (Legend Difficulty) but again, i don't even get a chance to land a decent hit in regardless who i play....

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
Lucky for you, I grind a LOT on the Spirit Board and love finding exploits for the AI. And I just so happen to have an Omega Ridley video that I posted to Youtube. He's one of the more brain-dead stupid ones once you find the hole in his AI.
I know this looks stupid, but trust me, it works well more than 2/3rds of the time. I've got quite a few other videos on my channel for some of the harder Spirit Battles. For most of the Legendaries, Ganondorf is able to massacre them pretty badly. He's heavy, has 2 very powerful command grabs, massive smash attacks, and a super armored kill move (grounded Warlock Punch). The only thing bad about Ganondorf is how easy he is to gimp, especially against nimble tag teams like Pyra, Mythra, Ceada, Mecha-Fiora, Black Shadow, etc. Once you're in disadvantage and offstage you're ****ed.

Black Hole + Giant is a pretty broken combo on Ganondorf that is able to kill most opponents with one or two Doryahs if you put some charge on the second one. Another broken combo is a Giant + Screw Attack + Lightweight style dojo with Samus. Against one opponent (or a team that's all out at the beginning), double jump + Up B carries them all the way up to the blast zone.

In general, the Super Armor ability breaks the game. I actually avoid using it because it makes so many of the challenges just not fun.

Scarborough1994

Smash Rookie
Lucky for you, I grind a LOT on the Spirit Board and love finding exploits for the AI. And I just so happen to have an Omega Ridley video that I posted to Youtube. He's one of the more brain-dead stupid ones once you find the hole in his AI.
I know this looks stupid, but trust me, it works well more than 2/3rds of the time. I've got quite a few other videos on my channel for some of the harder Spirit Battles. For most of the Legendaries, Ganondorf is able to massacre them pretty badly. He's heavy, has 2 very powerful command grabs, massive smash attacks, and a super armored kill move (grounded Warlock Punch). The only thing bad about Ganondorf is how easy he is to gimp, especially against nimble tag teams like Pyra, Mythra, Ceada, Mecha-Fiora, Black Shadow, etc. Once you're in disadvantage and offstage you're ****ed.

Black Hole + Giant is a pretty broken combo on Ganondorf that is able to kill most opponents with one or two Doryahs if you put some charge on the second one. Another broken combo is a Giant + Screw Attack + Lightweight style dojo with Samus. Against one opponent (or a team that's all out at the beginning), double jump + Up B carries them all the way up to the blast zone.

In general, the Super Armor ability breaks the game. I actually avoid using it because it makes so many of the challenges just not fun.
Thanks!, i'll give it a try when it next happens, that stuff though is OP, fire everywhere and everything, btw any hints for avoiding their final smashes? it mostly hits me that and others that seem to be really good at hitting you and not letting you hit them?

just entered a battle, floor is on fire, giant yoshi did his thing, ball, kicks everything, obviously he's allowed to stay on the bottom floor and get his hits in without me able to do anything.

Last edited:

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
Some you can spot dodge. It's really fun to spot dodge Marthcina's FS as they lunge to their doom. Just don't do anything stupid (ie stop mindlessly attacking), stay half a stage away from them, and just wait for it. There's a lot you can spot dodge on reaction, especially since there's a slowdown when they activate. Others are unavoidable. To this day, Shadow Mario is near the top of my list of my least favorite spirit battles simply because of how ****ing stupid Bowser Jr.'s FS is. I HATE it, far more than most legendary fights. A Corrin that can get her final smash early and use it twice? Bring it on! Fox, Falco, and Krystal ganging up on me? Let's do it! Bowser Jr. spamming FS? ****. MY. LIFE.

Are you doing World of Light or just grinding the Spirit Board. There are many places in WoL where hazard resistance (or even immunity) Spirit is right next to a battle that has that hazard. I recommend going through WoL and collecting hazard immunities that way.

Top Bottom